News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on November 30, 2021, 08:41:50 AM
I mean I'm pretty happy with my stuff and I've got Latha handy to make artifacts on demand.

A giant anti-Shar fighting robot would be nice.

Primus sneezes. But noted anyway.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Today's question: Besides Shar and Ao, who are 2-3 people you'd like to oppose or otherwise take revenge against?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on December 01, 2021, 06:06:06 PMToday's question: Besides Shar and Ao, who are 2-3 people you'd like to oppose or otherwise take revenge against?

Alyssa hasn't actually gotten any enemies yet, I don't think? Besides that guy who's name sounds like when you gargle mouthwash.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on December 01, 2021, 06:10:58 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on December 01, 2021, 06:06:06 PMToday's question: Besides Shar and Ao, who are 2-3 people you'd like to oppose or otherwise take revenge against?

Alyssa hasn't actually gotten any enemies yet, I don't think? Besides that guy who's name sounds like when you gargle mouthwash.

It says something about names when I have to ask for more details there.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on December 01, 2021, 06:11:58 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on December 01, 2021, 06:10:58 PM

It says something about names when I have to ask for more details there.

Gargauth, I think?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

With the recent non-aggression pact with Malcanthet and the whole arrangement with Hell, Alicia doesn't really have anyone else she meaningfully wants to go after to be honest. It's all small potatoes next to Shar.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on December 01, 2021, 06:06:06 PM
Today's question: Besides Shar and Ao, who are 2-3 people you'd like to oppose or otherwise take revenge against?

Antenora

"Talona comes immediately to mind, to ensure that she knows that Sylica is not weak and will not be brushed aside after that previous meeting. No matter his purpose or meaning, the False Celestial can't be forgotten. We may not be able to, it may have nothing to do with our great quest, but I will not forget him. He will not escape justice one day."

Sylvie

"That's easy. The Adversary. He's crossed a few of our groups now and rarely makes mistakes or leaves himself vulnerable to attack. That's the evil you fear. Not the rampaging balor or war cornugon that crushes your soldiers. No, you fear the one that is reasonable, who is an evil that makes you deal with him.

We can't forget Gathgorian, even if we have to work with him. Another reason why the evils willing to talk and present themselves as civilized are the most dangerous. He's able to do that just enough."

Jetina

"Oh! I think you're right, Antenora, I remember what you brought me. Talona is terrible. Also Orcus, we grow stronger and he could become back to menace us. We shouldn't grow lax there after our last meeting with him. "

Emily

"How about Tor Salinus? Mother had an encounter with him, and if we beat him, it would be a huge win for us. He has quite a reputation, but he's also powerful and dangerous. Perhaps Malcanthet, I remember she sent you a few letters, didn't she? That's another opportunity for us to advance."

Honeydip

"The demons have to be stopped. All of them. Pale Night...is a monster. If you saw what she let happen to those eladrin children...

No. Not again. Never again. Zquujaj too. Both of them."

Donald

"Huh? Oh, Imix is one no matter what, even if politics get in the way. Bah, politics. That means the Sultan too, right? Well, that one's gonna be a tall order from what I'm hearing, but he's a good target. Of course there's Tor Salinus too, Seira. How about we go over there and pay him a visit? What could possibly go wrong?"

Sanzha

"It really is a shame Imix and Eblis are both indisposed now. It's almost as if the two fragments of the Incarnation of Law want us beating up on Chaos instead. I suppose a puddle can only be a puddle, no matter how far it grows."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 01, 2021, 06:06:06 PM

Moore does indeed need to take Orcus down a peg after his kerfuffle with him a while back.

It isn't so much "take revenge against" but Moore does also need to see the whole situation with the Hecatoncheires through, so maybe that counts?

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 01, 2021, 02:57:33 PM
Quote from: Corwin on November 30, 2021, 01:02:57 AM
Metamagic, both lowering costs and perhaps new options.

Also, something to actually drop divine magic (cleric style, now that there's no cleric). I've always missed not being able to grant spells and miracles more directly, using arcane spells as substitutes felt on the fake side for that.

Elaborate on what 'drop divine magic' means here?

The two aspects I mentioned. Like, clerics clearly pray to me and get divine spells. But I don't have them. It's so weird for me. I mean, surely as a balance issue I don't get to gain a whole new casting aspect just because, but just as resources are largely abstracted for us I figure a Mythal or a Spellpool or some other artifact could surely provide it? I could make items myself, especially one-off divine scrolls and such, but having something that my realm and power provide me would feel better.

As for miracles, that's probably self-explanatory. I can beat up just about anything, and I can give great displays of arcane might, but I don't think I can do genuine miracles in the context of my followers. It feels like emulation, sort of like using Wish to emulate low-level divine spells. I can't even do the cool spell that causes my zealots to be set on fire and explode (with righteous goodness)!

Anyway, it's a bit of a dissonance with me. I'm a deity and these things are set in my conscious idea of what a deity is, but I can't do them.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Imix is gonna get killed. So sad I didn't roll well enough to do it before.

Tor Salinus

Dispater, to rescue the Lost Chalice and because he's a douche.

The devil-aligned Mercane leadership (maybe?). Due to the refocus, I'm not going to pursue this overmuch unlike the aforementioned three, but if the plot involves them....
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 02, 2021, 03:48:02 AM
Imix is gonna get killed. So sad I didn't roll well enough to do it before.

Tor Salinus

Dispater, to rescue the Lost Chalice and because he's a douche.

The devil-aligned Mercane leadership (maybe?). Due to the refocus, I'm not going to pursue this overmuch unlike the aforementioned three, but if the plot involves them....

Those all sound excellent, Seira.

As far as the other post, chewing over my exact response so that may be a bit.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Today's question is a nostalgic one.

As the battles against Shar intensify, it seems Aurora may have a role in this. Are there any NPCs from Aurora (and not otherwise seen or available in game, such as Kascha or Sylvie) that you'd like to see get some screen time?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 02, 2021, 03:29:04 PM
Today's question is a nostalgic one.

As the battles against Shar intensify, it seems Aurora may have a role in this. Are there any NPCs from Aurora (and not otherwise seen or available in game, such as Kascha or Sylvie) that you'd like to see get some screen time?

The Amalgam of Sylvie and Moore and the others that came out of Mystra's spooky library.

I realize it isn't from Aurora, but Moore would actually like to talk to Makim again - assuming he'd want to talk to Moore, anyway.

Ebiris

Afina deserves a chance to kill Gathgorian.

Well realistically the ship has sailed, and honestly I actively resent any time spent on Gathgorian because it just reminds me of how disappointing the end of B3 was. Had to be said though.

We're pretty much moving out of Aurora's weight class so no one there has much relevance going forward. Maybe Baleruk.