Level: Brd 10, Sor/Wiz 13
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: Personal
Area: 300ft radius, centered on you
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell, which is a modified version of Hindsight, allows the caster to see spells and magic that was used in the past. This spell reaches back 1 day per caster level and informs the caster of any magic used as if it had been cast at the same time and they had used a Greater Arcane Sight spell. You are allowed normal skill checks to identify any spells or magic that Magic of Yesterday uncovers.

Magic Of Yesterday is fine, I approved it before the break. Added.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 06, 2021, 11:58:49 AM
Echo of Healing
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 14 Drd 15 Hlr 14
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Target: One creature/5 levels
Duration: 1 rounds/5 levels

When you cast this spell, all creatures are affected by a Heal spell. At the end of the next round and every two rounds thereafter, those creatures are again affected by a Heal spell.

So it the round it is cast, the round after and then two rounds after? So 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and so on?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Technically, yes -

Round 1: Cast the spell, it works like Heal, except on everyone (so it isn't Mass Heal's 250, just Heal's 150)
End of Round 1: Nothing happens
End of Round 2: Heal
End of Round 4: Heal

So you are correct, with the clarification that the only healing is from that spell itself when it is cast.

Anastasia

QuoteLight of the Illuminated Heaven
Evocation [Light, Good]
Level: Clr 14, Pal 12
Casting Time: 1 full round action
Area: 70 foot burst, centered on you
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: Will partial (see text).

You call upon the light from the highest layer of Mount Celestia to erupt out of you in all directions. This light purges and weakens shadows in its radius as it fills the area completely with light. Any evil creature who is within the spell's radius loses any benefit from magical or supernatural shadows for 7 rounds. Creatures that succeed on their will save find these powers weakened briefly and lose their benefit for one round. This spell acts as Superb Dispelling against magical or supernatural darkness and any shadow-based spells.

I'd change the flavor of this, the light of Chronias isn't something so easily wielded. That aside since it's a flavor issue and not a mechanical one - just revise it to Jovar or something else that works for you - I have a few questions.

1. What precisely do you mean by magical and supernatural shadows? This feels like it needs further elaboration. Do you mean spells with the darkness or shadow descriptor? Something else?

2. So regardless of that, it's meant to hit them with Super Dispelling as well? Something like shadow descriptor spells?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Shadowdread Weapon
Evocation [Good]
Level: Sanctified 13
Components: V, S, F
Range: Touch
Target: Weapon touched
Duration: 1 round/level

This spell removes all normal benefits and properties of a weapon and turns it into a blazing white version of itself. While enchanted like this, the weapon is able to strike those who use shadows as a primary defense; the weapon ignores any miss chance or concealment provided by magical or supernatural shadows or similar effects.

The bonuses from this spell overwrite a weapon's normal properties, but it cannot affect an artifact.

Focus

The melee weapon to be enchanted.

I'd allow it to have a saving throw as you use it to remove the properties for a weapon another creature holds or uses if you touch it. That doesn't feel like intended use, am I right? More accurately I don't feel it should need a save, because it feels like a spell you cast on your own weapon or that of an ally.

I'd also add that it can strike incorporeal creatures like shadows, as that miss chance isn't necessarily from the shadows themselves, but from the incorporeal subtype. That's arguable and an interpretation issue, so best to head it off and just note it hits incorporeal as well. It's one of those situations where being explicit saves everyone a possible misunderstanding.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 13, 2021, 11:02:30 PM
Technically, yes -

Round 1: Cast the spell, it works like Heal, except on everyone (so it isn't Mass Heal's 250, just Heal's 150)
End of Round 1: Nothing happens
End of Round 2: Heal
End of Round 4: Heal

So you are correct, with the clarification that the only healing is from that spell itself when it is cast.

This one I'm very borderline on. It feels extremely good at what it does. I might allow it as a healer only spell, but I'm very hesitant to allow it for clerics and druids. Can you find any spells that are similar to this besides Fortunate Fate that I've allowed in the SC?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 13, 2021, 11:03:12 PM
I'd change the flavor of this, the light of Chronias isn't something so easily wielded. That aside since it's a flavor issue and not a mechanical one - just revise it to Jovar or something else that works for you - I have a few questions.

1. What precisely do you mean by magical and supernatural shadows? This feels like it needs further elaboration. Do you mean spells with the darkness or shadow descriptor? Something else?

2. So regardless of that, it's meant to hit them with Super Dispelling as well? Something like shadow descriptor spells?

I can change the name to "Light of the Seven Heavens" and just say "you wield the light of Mount Celestia" instead, that's fine.

1. It is intended to suppress the following:

*Magical darkness
*Magical spells that give concealment or miss chance via shadows / darkness
*Supernatural abilities that give concealment or miss chance via shadows / darkness

It is very much a "please fuck off Shar" spell by its nature to the point of rather hyperspecialization in its creation.

2. Yes, it's supposed to also work as Superb Dispelling on any of the Shadow Conjuration and other sort of spells as well.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 13, 2021, 11:11:13 PM
This one I'm very borderline on. It feels extremely good at what it does. I might allow it as a healer only spell, but I'm very hesitant to allow it for clerics and druids. Can you find any spells that are similar to this besides Fortunate Fate that I've allowed in the SC?

That was why I had limited it to just Heal. I don't think there's anything else that works like this (at least as a 'cast it and then it happens later') sort of thing unless it's like... Delayed Cast Fireball, but that's obviously different. I will double-check though.

I guess there is Repeat Spell, too.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 13, 2021, 11:09:18 PM
I'd allow it to have a saving throw as you use it to remove the properties for a weapon another creature holds or uses if you touch it. That doesn't feel like intended use, am I right? More accurately I don't feel it should need a save, because it feels like a spell you cast on your own weapon or that of an ally.

I'd also add that it can strike incorporeal creatures like shadows, as that miss chance isn't necessarily from the shadows themselves, but from the incorporeal subtype. That's arguable and an interpretation issue, so best to head it off and just note it hits incorporeal as well. It's one of those situations where being explicit saves everyone a possible misunderstanding.

You have the right of it. I didn't intend it to be used on an enemy weapon.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 11, 2021, 09:34:01 PM
Just trying my hand at some gravity-themed spells. They need a bit more work but I figured I'd at least put them here so I didn't forget about them entirely. My big issue with them is I think they'd require a lot of DM fiat to be used, but sometimes that happens. You could make a mass version of the Greater one too if you wanted, assuming any of them are any good to begin with!

I added spell resistance to the targeted versions because that seemed to make sense, although I could see you not doing that since you're really just affecting the gravity around them and not the creature themselves, but I'm not really sure how that works in practice. For reference, Reverse Gravity has no saving throw or spell resistance (well, it does, but only if you've got something to hold onto or can just fly) I'm fine with refining these, at any rate.

Increase Gravity
Transmutation
Level: Drd 6, Sor/Wiz 5
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: None; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell changes the gravity around one creature. For the duration of the spell, this creature treats gravity one stage worse (Light to Normal, Normal to Heavy), to a maximum of Heavy Gravity.

Mass Increase Gravity
Transmutation
Level: Drd 8, Sor/Wiz 7
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: Up to one 10-ft. cube per two levels (S)

This spell functions like Increase Gravity, except as noted above.

Greater Increase Gravity
Transmutation
Level: Drd 11, Sor/Wiz 10
Range: Short

This spell functions like Increase Gravity, except that it increases it by three levels and there is no upper limit to the strength of the planar trait.

Okay, I think there's some structural issues here that need to be addressed.

1. It's entirely possible to do these as area effect rather than creature targeted. To be honest that what I assumed you were going for when you mentioned these and Reverse Gravity. That's my mistake for not asking. If they're creature targeted I'd be more inclined to allow a save.

2. I'm not sure the baseline spell is a 5th or 6th level spell. I'd have to check since I'm out of practice but it feels too high. Same with the mass version.

3. For greater, what do you mean by no upper limit? The MoP provides the Heavy Gravity trait, which has several effects, but you'd need to specify how these proposed stronger levels of it would work.

QuoteGravitational Crush
Transmutation
Level: Drd 13, Sor/Wiz 12
Range: Short
Duration: 1 round/5 levels (D)
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial

This spell causes gravity around one subject to increase to such a point as to begin to cause damage. This spell does 1d8 force damage per level (Maximum 35d8) and afflicts a target as if by a Slow spell. In addition, the target is treated as if being under the heaviest possible planar trait for gravity for the duration of the spell. A successful fortitude save halves the damage and negates the Slow, but the target is still treated as being under this gravity.

See 3 here for this spell. The idea's basically fine otherwise but it needs polishing. Let me punt that until the issues in the previous spells are sorted since those will impact this.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 13, 2021, 11:16:15 PM
Okay, I think there's some structural issues here that need to be addressed.

1. It's entirely possible to do these as area effect rather than creature targeted. To be honest that what I assumed you were going for when you mentioned these and Reverse Gravity. That's my mistake for not asking. If they're creature targeted I'd be more inclined to allow a save.

2. I'm not sure the baseline spell is a 5th or 6th level spell. I'd have to check since I'm out of practice but it feels too high. Same with the mass version.

3. For greater, what do you mean by no upper limit? The MoP provides the Heavy Gravity trait, which has several effects, but you'd need to specify how these proposed stronger levels of it would work.

See 3 here for this spell. The idea's basically fine otherwise but it needs polishing. Let me punt that until the issues in the previous spells are sorted since those will impact this.

1. I'm fine just making them all area, if that's easier. It just seemed like (most) other spells have Single, Mass, etc versions so I was trying to work backwards with Reverse Gravity as a base. I can work on them more, it's no trouble.

3. I don't know how specific to get with them - logically speaking there should be something heavier than "Heavy Gravity," right? Like... I mean, there has to be, doesn't there? I can try and come up with some sort of specific mechanical explanation for this, but it didn't seem to make a lot of sense for it to just cap out at "heavy gravity," if that makes sense?

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/planes.htm Did the MoP go into further detail than the original SRD about gravity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 13, 2021, 11:12:42 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on December 13, 2021, 11:03:12 PM

I can change the name to "Light of the Seven Heavens" and just say "you wield the light of Mount Celestia" instead, that's fine.

1. It is intended to suppress the following:

*Magical darkness
*Magical spells that give concealment or miss chance via shadows / darkness
*Supernatural abilities that give concealment or miss chance via shadows / darkness

It is very much a "please fuck off Shar" spell by its nature to the point of rather hyperspecialization in its creation.

2. Yes, it's supposed to also work as Superb Dispelling on any of the Shadow Conjuration and other sort of spells as well.

Okay, this is a question of verbiage and DND-ese then.

Light of the Seven Heavens
Abjuration/Evocation [Light, Good]
Area: 70ft burst, centered on you
Saving Throw: Will negates (see text)

You call upon the light from the Seven Heavens to erupt out of you in all directions. All spells with the darkness or shadow descriptor within the burst are suppressed for 7 rounds. Evil creatures within the burst who possess supernatural abilities related to shadows also have these powers suppressed and unavailable for 7 rounds. Evil creatures are allowed a Will save to negate the effects of this burst on them and the spells active on them.

Regardless of the outcome of this, any spell with the darkness or shadow descriptor within the burst is also subject to a dispel check as if by a superb dispelling spell (maximum dispel check +40).

Exactly what powers are related to shadows is left to DM discretion, but a deity's abilities would not be subject to this regardless.

This is about how I'd do it. Possible suppression plus a high end dispel. Does that look about right?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 13, 2021, 11:28:57 PM
Okay, this is a question of verbiage and DND-ese then.

Light of the Seven Heavens
Abjuration/Evocation [Light, Good]
Area: 70ft burst, centered on you
Saving Throw: Will negates (see text)

You call upon the light from the Seven Heavens to erupt out of you in all directions. All spells with the darkness or shadow descriptor within the burst are suppressed for 7 rounds. Evil creatures within the burst who possess supernatural abilities related to shadows also have these powers suppressed and unavailable for 7 rounds. Evil creatures are allowed a Will save to negate the effects of this burst on them and the spells active on them.

Regardless of the outcome of this, any spell with the darkness or shadow descriptor within the burst is also subject to a dispel check as if by a superb dispelling spell (maximum dispel check +40).

Exactly what powers are related to shadows is left to DM discretion, but a deity's abilities would not be subject to this regardless.

This is about how I'd do it. Possible suppression plus a high end dispel. Does that look about right?

That dastardly DnD-ese. Yes, that's fine. Ultimately if Shar has a SDA that gives her big shadow dodge we're not going to be able to do a lot about it anyway. I would say you can probably bump it down to a standard action though, but I leave that up to your expertise. I'd left the full round part because of the one-round negation.

Anastasia

Something like this for gravity, Moore?

Extended Heavy Gravity Table

This presumes that you're familiar with the Heavy Gravity planar trait (MoP 9), this directly references it and how it escalates when doubled, tripled or more.

GravitySkill Check PenaltyAttack Roll PenaltyItem Weight MultiplierWeapon Ranges Falling Damage (10ft)Maximum Falling Damage (200+ft)
Heavy-2-2x2Halved1d1020d10
Double Heavy-4-4x3Quartered1d1220d12
Triple Heavy-6-6x4**2d640d6
Quadruple heavy-8-8x5**2d840d8
Quintuple Heavy-10-10x6***2d1040d10
Sextuple Heavy-12-12x7***2d1240d12
Septuple Heavy-14-14x8****4d680d6

** Ranged attacks are impossible unless you have a strength score of 30 or higher. If you do, treat weapon ranges as quartered.
*** Ranged attacks are impossible unless you have a strength score of 40 or higher. If you do, treat weapon ranges as quartered.
****Ranged attacks are impossible unless you have a strength score of 50 or higher. If you do, treat weapon ranged as quartered.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite