News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

(Fake) Syllen's Rapier

This rapier is a rapier+5. When used with Syllen's Bracers, Shield and Ring, each piece becomes stronger.

Syllen's Bracers becomes bracers of armor+10 and grants damage reduction 20/cold iron and slashing.

Syllen's Shield becomes a heavy steel shield+10 and grants resistance 50 to all five elements.

Syllen's Ring becomes a ring of protection+10 and grants Syllen's Switch as an at will spell-like ability.

(Fake) Syllen's Rapier becomes a rapier+10. No other powers, it's the keystone for your entire fake so it's consumed with activating the others to the utmost you can.

Finally, you can tell now. There's a spell hidden within every piece, part of a greater spell. While the last part is not there, three parts are now available for you to study.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Alicia no longer has this:

Root Wood Avenger: This sword is a root wood two bladed sword+8 shattermantle/+8 shattermantle. Each blade deals a base of 1d12 damage. The wielder gains a +4 morale bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, armor class, saving throws and ability checks when in combat.

This material is wood taken from the deepest roots of the Queendom. This wood is a deep, dark brown that takes well to being polished. This material naturally cuts through dimensions and can protect when other materials cannot. Armor and shields made of root wood apply their armor or shield bonus to armor class to touch attacks of all kinds, including against ethereal creatures. Against spells that teleport a creature or send them to another plane, the wearer may add the armor or shield bonus to any saving throw against them. Weapons made of root wood are treated as ghost touch weapons and ignore any miss chance from concealment. Extraplanar creatures take an extra 5d6 points of damage from a root wood weapon.

Weapons, armors and shields made of root wood have triple the normal hit points than normal and hardness 30.

Anastasia

Scissors of Unbinding

These scissors seem capable undoing unnatural bonds, all it takes it to cut something (or a creature/object if it's something that isn't visible or present to cut). Treat these scissors as an exotic weapon that deals 1d6 points of damage, has a +8 enhancement bonus and a dread weapon against Sharrans.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Seira and Moore Loot

Wildaros, the Lifestone

Once an artifact to the destruction of magic, this has become something different due to its time within the greatest of all tarrasques. When carried on person, this grants a +2 bonus to the caster level of antimagic field, dispel magic and similar spells, as well as a +2 bonus to dispel checks as well as counterspelling.

For each spell that you dispel or counter, you gain 5 temporary hit points, to a maximum of 100. When 100 hits points is reached, there is a 5% chance that the bearer of Wildaros converts those hit points to a permanent +1 bonus to maximum hit points. A creature can gain as many bonus maximum hit points as their Constitution score.

Finally, the bearer of Wildaros gains immunity to negative energy and negative levels.

Green Crystal: This crystal is identical to steel in most ways. A weapon made of this crystal deals double damage to undead creatures, while armor made from it grants fast healing 20 to the wearer and a +2 bonus to Constitution. You have two large crystals of this, which is enough for 9 weapons or 2 suits of armor each.

Orange-Green Crystal: This crystal is identical to adamantine in most ways. A weapon made of this crystal grants a +8 bonus to attack rolls against non living creatures, while armor made from it grants a +5 bonus to the caster level of conjuration (healing) spells. You have two large crystals of this, which is enough for 8 weapons or 2 suits of armor each.

Red-Green Crystal: This crystal is not suitable to be used in weapons or armor. If a large chunk is as an optional material component with a spell, the spell heals 10 hit points per caster level to any living creature affected by the spell. This stacks with any other healing the spell provides. You have two large crystals of this, which is enough for 50 optional material components.

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

RE: Crystals

Moore would be curious what they might be able to do with a green crystal as a shield and the mock up Set Piece Syllen stuff. Other than that and Jetina wanting the Orange Green for something (probably doesn't have to be armor in her case) Seira can keep everything else. :)

Anastasia

Jetina will insist on some of the red green crystals as well. They're just too valuable should she not be there or be incapacitated, and she wants a few to experiment with. They can turn virtually any innocent spell into a powerful healing spell.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

So basically we each take half the crystals like I suggested? Sounds like a brilliant plan!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, wish lists from both sides.

Seira

Ranbar would like an orange-green crystal weapon if possible. Her base weapon isn't all that great so starting anew is no great burden to her. The huge bonus to attack rolls is quite nice.

Elle wants a few of the optional material components. To be able to turn one of her spells into a powerful healing spell is way too good to pass up. They're emergency options for her but a worthwhile one. She'd also point out Waukeen gave them the hint that lead them to this, so if they can spare something from this it may be a nice gesture. She'll leave that political decision to Seira.

Moore

Jetina wants a set of orange-green crystal as a backup set of armor. IT doesn't need to be special, just something she can call on if she needs a massive boost to her CL for healing spells. This has happened a few times, but so far the rolls have gone in her favor.

Kaja would like a scimitar made out of either material, but he's not married to the idea since it's a luxury good for him.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Alicia Loot

Gemstone of Truth

Anyone who holds this gem can discern truth from lies, as if by a discern lies spell (CL 50th, save DC 50). It grants a +50 competence bonus to Sense Motive, and has deeper powers if properly cut, polished and refined into a true gemstone.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Greater Gemstone of Truth

Anyone who wears this pendant can discern truth from lies, as if by a discern lies spell (CL60th, save DC 60). It grants a +60 competence bonus to Sense Motive. The wearer sees through all illusions short of deific illusions, and gains a +10 competence bonus to any saving throw against them, and is entitled to one whenever he first sees such an illusion, as if he actively disbelieved the illusion.

The wearer can see the truth behind lies and twisted truths from the 666th layer of the Abyss, and with this, can find the power to undo such lies, though it is exceedingly difficult and requires extraordinarily powerful magic or divine will. Any dispel checks to do so (but not rank checks should alter reality or divine measures be used) gain a +10 competence bonus.

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on October 12, 2020, 10:21:49 PM
Green Crystal: This crystal is identical to steel in most ways. A weapon made of this crystal deals double damage to undead creatures, while armor made from it grants fast healing 20 to the wearer and a +2 bonus to Constitution. You have two large crystals of this, which is enough for 9 weapons or 2 suits of armor each.

Orange-Green Crystal: This crystal is identical to adamantine in most ways. A weapon made of this crystal grants a +8 bonus to attack rolls against non living creatures, while armor made from it grants a +5 bonus to the caster level of conjuration (healing) spells. You have two large crystals of this, which is enough for 8 weapons or 2 suits of armor each.

Red-Green Crystal: This crystal is not suitable to be used in weapons or armor. If a large chunk is as an optional material component with a spell, the spell heals 10 hit points per caster level to any living creature affected by the spell. This stacks with any other healing the spell provides. You have two large crystals of this, which is enough for 50 optional material components.

A cheerful reminder!

Quote"How about layering the Aegis with the green crystal?" Seira's avatar asks, popping in. "And, in fact, would it be possible to make shields rather than armors for the same effect? Does that alter the amount of available material any?"

Elle considers this, "Shields should work and use slightly less than a full set of armor. I'll have to do some measuring, but you could squeeze a bit more out of them that way. As to augmenting existing equipment, possibly. At least the Aegises should be uniquely suited for it."

Anastasia

Cool. To refresh myself, use enough of it to upgrade the shield further, yes? Paste it's baseline stats for you for me?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Ethereal Aegis of the Tarrasque (Animated):

These artifact shields are made from hundreds of flattened layers of the Tarrasque's shell woven together with the strongest smith-work and searing fire. They are then polished with powdered diamond and the blood of a demigod. Once completed each shield is perfectly reflective, never needing to be polished or buffed.

The Aegis of the Tarrasque counts as an animated heavy steel shield +6. When carried the user gains some of the impossible endurance of the Tarrasque. They gain a +4 bonus to constitution and are treated as having the Endurance and Diehard feats. If the user already possesses Endurance, the benefits are tripled. If the user already possesses Diehard, they do not die until -30 hit points.

The most powerful aspect of the shield is its ability to reflect lines, cones and rays. Any such attack targeted at the user has a 50% chance of being harmlessly deflected away. As this is not an illusion or displacement effect, True Seeing has no effect on this miss chance. Normal ranged attacks like arrows are not affected.

I used Node points to boost the Con bonus from +2 to +4 here.

Anastasia

Thank you.

Grants both green crystal power boosts, Elle's skilled enough to do it and as noted, it's tarrasque shell which is uniquely receptive to it.

From her research on this Elle thinks she can now use to upgrade non tarrasque equipment, but only if she does it personally (though in her professional opinion another divine crafter such as Latha could figure it out too, or do it if taught it). Having a deity level crafter available to your node is handy, who knew?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Iddy manor loot

Most of the loot is mundane wealth that isn't worth going into here. A great deal of coinage was taken along with some art and treasures, though some remains. Besides some recovered intelligence information and lorebooks, there's not a lot powerful enough to be on a divine level of interest. However, the manor itself is fully intact. Besides the information, the lorebooks could be added to your library.
<Afina> Forever.