News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

I suppose make copies of the lore books for Sulia and Queen.

If they don't have any interest in the manor, if possible, can I move it to my realm?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

If you want to, sure. It'll take a smidge of doing but that's all offscreen stuff.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Let's do that. I can make it into a personal mansion for now and work on turning it into a movable combat fortress.

Anastasia

Sure. Make a note of it in your realm for later reference.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Iddy Ethereal Loot

3 broken swords
3 broken armors
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Razalim

This blade, in Seira's hands, is of remarkable power. It is a scimitar+12. Any creature of 20 or less hit dice that views Razalim must make a DC 48 Will save or be hypnotized by the blade. Such creatures take no actions save to watch Razalim. This effect lasts as long as the creature can see Razalim or until the wielder of Razalim attacks them. During this time, anything the bearer of Razalim says is treated as a suggestion, as the spell with a save DC of 48. Creatures that succeed on the initial saving throw are immune to Razalim's hypnotic powers for 24 hours. There is no limit to the number of creatures that can be hypnotized by Razalim at any one time, so long as they can all see the scimitar. Creatures with 21 or more hit dice are not at risk of hypnosis, but must make the same Will save or be distracted by scimitar. This inflicts a -4 penalty on attack rolls against the wielder, as well as a -4 penalty to armor class against attacks with Razalim. Both types of hypnosis are mind-affecting effects.

In addition to the above powers, Razalim grants a +30 competence bonus to Charisma based skill checks. Razalim counts as silver for the sake of bypassing damage reduction, but does not inflict the -1 penalty to damage that alchemical silver does.

Against natives of Fire or creatures with the fire subtype, Razalim acts as a dread weapon with a critical hit range of 18-20 and with a x4 critical hit multiplier. Such creatures are subject to critical hits from Razalim even if they are otherwise immune to them.

Razalim's magic is far more active in Seira's hands. However, it seems to hypnotize and allure her when held, even in spite of her divine nature. Elle notes she isn't sure how far this runs, but it may be possible that it could completely compromise Seira.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 02, 2020, 11:57:55 AM
Thank you.

Grants both green crystal power boosts, Elle's skilled enough to do it and as noted, it's tarrasque shell which is uniquely receptive to it.

From her research on this Elle thinks she can now use to upgrade non tarrasque equipment, but only if she does it personally (though in her professional opinion another divine crafter such as Latha could figure it out too, or do it if taught it). Having a deity level crafter available to your node is handy, who knew?

Nice! Upgraded to +6, then~
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Anastasia

Seira's Imix adventure

- Millions of copper, brass and other small value coins.
- A sheathed short sword.
- A large jewelry box.
- A set of 24 crystal vials, likely meant for potions.
- A box of bright red powder, about 50 pounds of it.
- An old, rusty ring of keys.
- Dragon eggs, alive.
- Many gargoyle statues.
- Scrap metal.
- Soul gems.
- Time gem.
- Potions.
- Golden goblets.

The vials are enchanted. If properly filled with water and a tiny bit of diamond dust, they'll produce a special potion that  heals 4d8+25 hit points. This takes 20 gold worth of diamond dust and 5 gold of specially purified water to produce. Each vial produces 1 dose and all 24 vials have to be filled at once for any to be properly enchanted.

Once enchanted these potions last indefinitely, but more cannot be made until all the doses are used and the vials reunited.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Can I get a loot post for Urvala by the way, in case it has any useful functions beyond enabling skill copying?

Anastasia

Oh, certainly. I'll do so after session.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Is there a cost modifier for a rarer bonus type for an ability + item? Like sacred or untyped? Or is it still the standard Bonus squared × 1,000 gp?

Anastasia

Generally, I prefer not to offer them for sale. They exist occasionally, but the real reason is that I don't want them to become de rigueur.  It just leads to stat bloat.

No untyped bonuses to ability scores can be purchased as items regardless, just to stop the same problem only worse.

Look, I'm aware at this level it's within y'all's power to make. I merely don't want these to become spammed and meaningless except to drive everyone's numbers higher.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quick check before I start Seira loot today: Anything in particular you want to focus on?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Two aspects. One is trapped souls or any other sealed prisoners that Imix had and we ended up leaving with. If there's someone who is recruitable or a Daoin, it'd be interesting!

The second is sacred/holy artifacts that Imix had, and anything boosting dispel/counterspell/metamagic/fire DC, stuff in that lane.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake