Cabin choices

Started by Anastasia, July 18, 2018, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+17 : 10 + 17, total 27[/blockquote]
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Progress. You feel like you're making slow, steady progress - but emphasis on slow. This book is like a dozen puzzles mixed together and sorting them out is the first hurdle. It constantly changes, but you feel like you're making headway.

It's now eveningtime - you're pretty sure they're all eating dinner in the kitchen right now.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Tryll wanders into the kitchen   
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yuth gets the bonus post before work.

It's three people here.

Dana is eating a big hunk of bread and waving the rest around, grinning. "So then what?"

Miranda's kicking back and nibbling on some kebabs, "He realized a sword wasn't going to cut it in lava."

Benyen grins, sitting next to Dana and enjoying a drink. "I'd think it wouldn't!"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Obviously you need a lava sword for that.' Tryll says absently, floating into the room.

Anastasia

"Exactly," Benyen says, "Now I want a lava sword."

"Well, good reason to visit Fire sometime," Dana agrees, giving his hand a squeeze. "Hey, Tryll. Done with that book?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Ooooooooooo FIRE!" Calleigh cheers, coming up behind Dana and draping a napkin over the top of her head.

'No, I'll likely be working on this a month or so. I think? It's difficult to decipher. It was not designed to be read.'

Anastasia

"Well hell, we'll have to drag you out soon," Dana says, "No fucking way we're pissing around here for a month."

"Yeah," Benyen chimes in, "There's evils to fight, demons to smite and Sharrans to kick in the face from atop a berserk pegasus. Which works really well, by the way."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Oh no, I'd not planned on it. In fact, Calleigh. You're up.' Tryll says, still perusing.

"O-KAY!" A scroll is pulled from her bag and is subsequently unfurled. "We've got plenty of stuff to do! First, we have the super important proxy thing with Miranda! She's part of the ship now and-"

'Part of the crew.' Tryll corrects.

"Part of the ship!" Calleigh retorts.

'Part of the crew.' Tryll is ever-patient.

"Part of the ship!"

'Part of the crew.'

"Part of the ship!"

'Part of the crew.'

"Part of the ship!"

'Part of the crew.'

"Part of the ship!"

'Part of the crew.'

"Part of the ship!"

'Part of the crew.'

"Part of the oh whatever! We're gonna have a ship soon enough. It doesn't matter! Anyway, we need to figure out a way to either get her proxied or whatever way Hanna used. Either way, super important. We'll probably need to impress Tempus or something. Big battles, bigger explosions, lots of fun. But! There's other stuff too! Debonah was hunting treasures stolen from Brightwater! Everyone loves Brightwater! Except maybe Benyen but he's probably never been there! Anyway, she's after some guy named Kelan. We could help her out! She could be grateful! And she's a solar! Solar of LUV! Dude-love though, so don't get too excited." Calleigh points at Benyen, "Unless that's your thing in which case I don't care, you do you. You might incur the Wrath of Dana tho, so watch out. She gets stabby."

"But! We also have Bel! Yes, the former Lord of the First! He's MISSING, and my bet is that he's being held somewhere by either Hell or one of their allies. I betcha he's super mad about Asmodad dumping him for his embarrassing failure of a son so we might be able to flip him to the side of love and justice! It's a long shot, but it'd be a big win and also completely hilarious." Calleigh nods rapidly, gesticulating wildly.

"Next is a trip to scenic Ooze! The Elemental Plane of Ooze is a unique site in all the planes! It's the only place that is entirely rotting away, full of noxious gasses, and is guaranteed to make you ralph if you happen to regret your previous meal! It's also home to Bwimb and Bwimb, the Elemental Prince and Princess of Ooze! The Princess is supposed to be nice! If made of horrifying acid. Afina described her as "distressingly huggy, so remember your acid resistances! Bwimb is recruiting outcasts from the lower planes, and we wanna know why!" Calleigh makes a face.

"We also need to go to the Beastlands at some point and find Thorajin. He didn't show up for the battle for Lifasa and that was a bit rude."

"Lastly, we need our own Medicant. Can't rely on the Aurora forever. Heck, we can barely rely on it now! They're off doing their own thing. So we need a buuuuuunch of deep crystal and someone who can make mobile demiplanes. Who wants to do what?"

Anastasia

Your long speech gets everyone's attention, listening to you before Dana starts to speak.

However, Benyen is faster and cuts in, "Kelan, right? I'm for that."

Dana sits back, idly tapping her fingers, "Wel fuck, so who can make mobile demiplanes, that's the real fucking question."

Miranda says, "Anything will do, I'm good with whatever."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"We could always go find what happened to Medi!" Calleigh says.

Anastasia

Dana tilts her head to the side, "Croaked when Aurora failed the first time, right? Or Medicant or what the fuck ever he called it."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"You ever seen his body? I'll betcha he's still around. Mages that strong have back-ups. Heck, Tryll's got one."

'That's true. I never thought of Medi. Just assumed he was dead. I don't think it's probable that we'd find him though. If he IS alive, he obviously doesn't want to be found.'

Anastasia

"Yes. If someone like that wants to slip away, they'll slip away," Miranda agrees, "I've heard he stopped an apocalypse on his own as his first move. That sort of hero's hard to track down. Hardly something to be done trivially, if he's even alive."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh makes a face, "Fine. Maybe if we do this favor for Debonah then she can point us in the right direction!"