News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

The depths of Ice

Started by Anastasia, August 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

'I can last quite a long time, but not forever. I'm not really inclined to kill everything here, either. Not all at once, anyway. And these dwarves appear to be enslaved. That irritates me.' Tryll says. 'Let's move.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

You advance down the hall and suddenly - !!!

Marching order?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Dana up front, Debonah, Miranda/Calleigh, then Benyen with Tryll sharing space with all of them.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Dana stops abruptly, as before you it emerges. Bigger than a pack of Hannas, the head blocks the hall ahead utterly. A head carved of ice, glaring steadily at all of you. Eyes of pale blue, eyes of radiance and frost that gaze at you.

"Intruders, surrender or flee," It intones in Aquan accented Common.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"What happens if we surrender?" Calleigh asks.

Anastasia

That gets you more than a few looks - Dana an eyeroll, Benyen surprise and Debonah amusement.

"You will be tried for your crimes," Is the answer the creature gives you.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Time for a surprise round?

Anastasia

Are you attacking him or something? I mean, he's right in front of you and eyes on you, so you're not surprising him.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Not Calleigh, Tryll. The squid made of mist with no visible tells.

Anastasia

Please be specific about those sort of things. I'm can't discern your meaning from just arbitrarily saying it's time for a surprise round, without you saying who is doing what that may provoke such a thing.

So, what is Tryll doing?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I was gonna blast ice face with disintegrate.

Anastasia

Go for it, make your ranged touch roll, and then any follow up rolls as needed.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Nah." Calleigh says, a beam of destruction lancing out from in front of her as she says so.

Disintegrate
Fort DC 30
Ranged touch:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+28 : 4 + 28, total 32[/blockquote]Damage on failed save:[blockquote]Rolled 20d6 : 1, 6, 5, 2, 3, 5, 3, 3, 2, 5, 2, 6, 4, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 4, 2, total 64[/blockquote]Damage on save:[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 1, 3, 3, 3, 5, total 15[/blockquote]SR roll:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+34 : 19 + 34, total 53[/blockquote]

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+28
<Penuche> Space_Cat invokes Penuche's magic: < 46 > [d20=18]

The beam strikes the creature head on, a cry of dull surprise as a few flecks of it fade away, but little more as...

Well, that does force init. So init times.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Tryll[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 17 + 9, total 26[/blockquote]Calleigh[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+15 : 7 + 15, total 22[/blockquote]