News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

The sylvan library

Started by Anastasia, October 30, 2018, 01:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Well, it depends on what caused it to happen," The tree says, "That's what's really empowering it."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"Hmm... So, either an interview or a divination again. Probably both..."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"The fact that I can't see it makes it a who, not a what," The tree shakes its branches, "Strange, strange. Someone probably did this on purpose."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Who would want to empower a random noble's bloodline?"

Alyssa taps her chin... "Unless it wasn't random... A combination of law and chaos blood in balance and not clashing is fairly rare... So was he used as a test case? Maybe to see how they could be brought into functional harmony..."

Anastasia

"That sounds like something Sylica would be involved in, but that's not their style," Emily adds, "They study that sort of thing."

"That new realm?" Jarem asks, "Who else does horrors of law and chaos together? Elysium at least gets the archons and eladrin to get along."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"They'd have to have been searching for something very specific to find him, if that's the case... If... Could you divine if any extra-planar presence has been watching him?"

Anastasia

"I did, and I'm getting nothing. I think it's something protected," The tree replies, "I'm sure of it."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa grunts.

"So, we need to find a way to punch through the protection... Just like with Shar. Unpleasant. I think we might need to consult with someone with more power... Or I can try linking with a Diviner's Circle..."

Anastasia

"Or Shar again, for whatever reason," Emily adds, "But we'll stop them, just like we stopped them before and overcame this maze!"

At that moment, you feel it. A connection to Emily, strong and true. You feel it resonate between the two of you, Jarem's gaze sharp on both of you as he murmurs a prayer under his breath, studying away.

"By Chauntea's breath, what is that?" Ianvasah asks, eyes widening.

Node update, go read.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Got it.

"Hmm.. Interesting, another is added to the phenomenon. It seems it affects those who join me... Maybe some sort of bleed over from my empowerment? But what causes it to attach? A level of loyalty?"

Anastasia

"More power, yet more power flowing freely?" Ianvasah murmurs as Emily smiles, seeming more somehow.

"Interesting, then..." Jarem murmurs, "Of course. That's the trick again and..."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Oh, what's your theory, Jarem?"

Anastasia

"We're not just connected, we're building something," Jarem says, "Ianvasah's elevated to join us and power's flowing. Whatever this is wants us stronger, so will empower us, especially when we move towards worthwhile goals that improve ourselves. Emily was just talking about triumphing over this challenge."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Hmm... Similar in concept to Cooperative Magic... The power rebounds between us and amplifies each... Interesting. We need to discover what triggers it... Emily seems to be focused on beating challenges..."

Anastasia

"It may vary, but..."

That's as far as Jarem gets. He pauses as you feel it - a connection to Jarem, surging stronger.

Node update. Go read.
<Afina> Forever.