News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

A guest of the efreet

Started by Anastasia, November 08, 2018, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"I don't think you could have," The efreet replies, "I heard you rode a nightmare. A pixie riding a nightmare!"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore just smiles, maybe a little more. "It seemed like the polite thing to do, given the circumstances. I don't think Commander Nasir appreciated it as much as I had hoped, though." He lets out a small sigh at that. "Regardless, I truly hope, for whatever it's worth, that us being able to meet here won't be a one-time occurrence... for whatever that means to you." Another smile. 

Anastasia

"You do make an entertaining guest," the efreet agrees, as Cresiel lingers just behind you, arms crossed and looking onward at them, staring a hole at them.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore just smiles. "I know I may be in the minority, but I think it could be a historic occasion if we could broker peace. A more... permanent one, rather than one where we simply glare at each other across vast distances."

A nod to both of them. "Please pardon the interruption." He turns to go!

Anastasia

No resistance at that, Cresiel following. "They likely think you to be a former Duke soon, the way you sound. Is that intentional?" Cresiel asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It isn't." Moore says. "I'm... trying to help them understand that their preconceptions about people outside of their culture may not be what they've been taught. I have my own beliefs about things... but ultimately, even if I want peace, if the Sultan decides he doesn't want to listen to Lady Seira and Lord Barachiel's demands, then..." He shakes his head.

Anastasia

Cresiel nods minutely, "Then it's all for naught."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Sometimes I think I'm too optimistic about being able to help people." Moore says. "But then I think about stories of people like Antenora, and I get reminded that anyone can be brought out of a pit if they have a hand to help them."

Anastasia

"So they can - but they have to be willing to do it themselves." Cresiel says. He take a breath, "Moore. You can't save someone who isn't willing to be saved. No one can walk to Mount Celestia on someone else's back."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I know that." Moore says with a grin. "You don't have to treat me like I'm an acolyte. You can't change someone's nature over night, but... I think if given the opportunity, and when I say that I mean over time, there'd be at least one efreet who wouldn't follow a path to damnation. Do you disagree?"

Anastasia

"I don't," Cresiel agrees, "It's why we keep going, is it not? To save those who can be saved, be they human or infernal?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I don't expect that Commander Nasir is going to be knocking on my door anytime soon, but... I hope, maybe... maybe that efreet who saw me riding a nightmare might go 'Maybe I'll try and understand their culture' someday. Maybe not. But I have to try."

Anastasia

"More than the culture, more of not being a monstrous evil," Cresiel remarks, "Culture, hm?" he murmurs that to himself.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"You know, Nasir did say he was surprised I took all those books. I wonder why..." Moore says. "I guess he isn't much of the type to read."

Anastasia

"That or he thought it petty," Cresiel says, "Which is nonsense."
<Afina> Forever.