Diplomatic aftermath

Started by Anastasia, November 13, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Forces shall arrive at the Cauldron in three days," Queen Morwel declares, "They shall aid you well."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Thank you," Seira repeats. "May I retain Lady Honeydip's services for the duration of the campaign?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"You may, she will command them," Queen Morwel agrees. "Be well, Seira, and awaken."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira gives Morwel another hug, and then wills herself to wake up!

Anastasia

You awaken on the bed, Lady Honeydip still snoozing away. You feel rested and restored.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Invigorated, Seira decides to send a vision to her inner circle. It is only fair they hear the details from her, before the news breaks.

"My friends. As you know, we've been working towards ending slavery upon the Inner Planes. Recently, those efforts escalated due to Celestial raids on efreet interests, and efreet counter-attacks. A peace summit followed, hosted by the Grand Sultan, yet our differences proved irreconcilable. The efreet feel it is a cultural imperative to enslave and demean others, and so it is with a heavy heart that I announce the start of a war between the Cauldron and the Efreet Empire.

"Our allies stand with us, because they understand the importance of the stakes. Even now -- especially now, with Shar looming stronger on the horizon -- we cannot compromise our principles! We cannot compromise on our key values! If the only way to save millions of people from suffering and debasement, to ensure none other share their fate in the future, then we shall fight!

This will go out to all my minor allies and named NPCs based out of the Cauldron, to my family and to my Node.

Anastasia

The message is sent. A moment later you hear it, Amaryl's voice in your mind. 'And together we will win!'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'We shall,' Seira agrees. 'Queen Morwel agreed to send aid. I'll contact Sylica, while hoping for a favorable answer from our friends in Arvandor.'

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Do you have a moment? Seira asks, contacting Antenora.

Anastasia

Yes. What do you need, Seira?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

To keep you and Sylica in the loop, first of all. I've just returned from a three-way meeting between the Grand Sultan of the Efreet, Barachiel and myself. The recent hostilities over their practices of slavery were the topic, yet we regrettably were unable to make the Sultan see reason. Now, we are at war.

Anastasia

I understand. Who is engaged in the war so far?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Outside of Celestia and the Cauldron, I've requested Queen Morwel's aid and she granted it. I'm hoping that the more forces we bring to the table, the less eventual bloodshed will occur. It would make me happy if Sylica were to join the effort, though I hope that you would be willing to lend a hand. I failed to reach the Sultan, but perhaps together we might be able to do that with some of the rank and file. Would you consider it, Antenora?

Anastasia

I would, but I must consult with Alicia and Syala first.
<Afina> Forever.