News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Diplomatic aftermath

Started by Anastasia, November 13, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"A little bit of the first, but mostly the second. We were exposed as the battle shaped up, I couldn't risk that many soldiers over it," Valar says, "The efreet were prepared for that strategy. We still did well, but we didn't achieve tactical surprise beyond the first moments. Whomever was commanding them was skilled or lucky."

Sitting up straighter now, "It's still a success, but if we try this same tactic, I'll want a stronger striking force and a little more support on our flanks."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Does he mean he wants triple the realm production next time? Or to send more powerful people? Or something else?

"I've already got Donald working on it," Seira assures him. "Let me try to redesign the basic attack plan, too. Perhaps we could aim to arm the slaves en masse and give them a fighting chance, while forcing the efreet to cut their losses? Either way, when will your liberation force be ready to strike once more?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Risky and likely to lead to mass deaths. The slaves aren't automatically warriors or skilled, especially compared to an efreet." Valar admits, "But better than letting them die defenseless. Give them a day for rest and to reorganize. I want to make a few of my own adjustments now that I've seen how they work."

Nothing yet, this is mostly on the level of adjusting things slightly and reorganizing as well as fine tuning tactics. Now that he's met the enemy, he can see better what worked and what didn't, and begin to digest the lessons from that.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira nods. "I understand. Having been in that situation myself, I know I would've liked a chance to fight back. But I'm not talking about drafting anyone by force; merely presenting the chance to defend themselves, if they choose." Frowning, she asks, "Have you seen any fell means of trapping souls over there? I remember the reports about the efreet ships."

Anastasia

"Nothing where we attacked,' Valar admits, "At least that the soldiers recognized, it's possible it was encountered and destroyed before identification or missed. They have been trained in that so it's just as likely we didn't come on any, if not more likely."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira nods her understanding. "We might also want to use a scorched earth policy, if you'll forgive the pun. Destroying their slave barracks, any ships in hangar or what have you would likely work in our benefit, since I don't doubt they'd act the same way towards our infrastructure."

Anastasia

"As we can," Valar suggests, leaning forward and resting an elbow on the table. "It's a fair objective, but defeating the efreet and the slaves should come first, then destroying infrastructure. Speaking of, the slaves we did rescue are being tended to. We got a handfuls that are faithful of other, non evil deities and forces. I suggest we send messages, offer to pass them onto those deities and what they wish. It's an easy way to accrue points with them."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"My rationale is that the efreet are very materialistic, and this will put a much larger burden on their society than it would, say, on Celestia. In the end, we want the slavers amongst them to suffer the war's costs the most, and we can hit them through their pockets. Plus, any resource they have to put into rebuilding is one they won't be able to channel towards the war. Should they focus on the war, it means there are less slave camps remaining." Seira frowns, deciding to clarify. "Naturally, this would be a separate team than the one responsible for rescuing the slaves."

At Valar's suggestion, she nods. "Right, excellent. Do you suggest I handle it personally, or can we leave that to Sanzha? I want her to get more face to face time with the various powers in preparation of her ascension."

Anastasia

"That's above my grade, but I'd suggest Sanzha." Valar says after all of that, "If she can afford the time. I'm not aware of how busy she is."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"There'll be an official announcement at a later date, but it's not a big secret. She'll just have to make the time, or delegate."

Seira checks whether Sanzha and Amaryl have returned, in the meantime. Might as well get this going.

Anastasia

Both are back.

Go ahead and lay out your plan here real quick, just make sure I grasp it all, and we'll get you rolling on that or move you along, depending if it needs IC time or not.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira first wants to heat how the talks with Zanimoth and the Padisha went. Then, pending on those outcomes, Sanzha will get a new assignment of dealing with Valar's suggestion for the freed slaves.

Anastasia

Amaryl and Lagann meet with you first, the gnome grunting before saying, "Zanimoth's pursuing his own agenda," he announces, "Striving to make sure what he wants to stay hidden stays hidden."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"It is, as our compact decrees," Seira responds. "Is part of his agenda aiding us? And if so, is it military aid, political, financial or otherwise?"

Anastasia

"He'll offer aid if you want it," Amaryl speaks up now, "But he'd like a formal request. You need not come, something you wrote will do."
<Afina> Forever.