News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Diplomatic aftermath

Started by Anastasia, November 13, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

If Marianne and Lyris are agreeable, Seira will transfer the two of them over. For her own part, she will appear in Balmuria's skies in her dragon form, and attempt to use regular magic to get the fire to go out. She might have a fire affinity, but the Cauldron's specialty in elemental harmony means Seira doesn't neglect the other elements, water among them.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Below, the citizens of Balmuria watch Seira quench the flames. Water pours down to stop it, our temple charred and burnt, if intact. Damaged without any doubt, but not down yet.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

The people harmed find it easier to recover, rejuvenated just a bit more. And, perhaps, encouraged by her presence?

Seira doesn't linger. After Balmuria, she repeats her actions at every point of attack, her primary concern the well-being of the people. Buildings can and will be rebuilt, but if anyone is left suffering from this attack, she cannot in good conscience leave without healing their wounds.

Her final stop is Valandia, and following that routine Seira disappears only to step across distance and emerge near Laurenal in her usual half-elf form. Once there, she silently observes Marluth.

Anastasia

Marluth is asleep, resting. Laurenal looks up and shakes her head, "He's recovering in his way," is what is said, softly.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

'Mom, are you okay? What's happening?' A simple sending from Emily in the meantime.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I charge you to help those affected recover," she tells Laurenal, bestowing her with perfect memory of the attacks. It would burden her, no doubt, but also firm her resolve. "Our project, too, will need to advance. I will have Elle Stronger stop by to start on the redesign of the transportation network, though the design itself will be yours to alter from the pattern we've come up with."

She sighs. "This reminds me of darker days, when the Dark Six attacked this world. We'll need the support structure to reach one another swiftly in case of attack more than ever, now."

Anastasia

Laurenal bows her head, silent with those memories, as they flood her mind. Her hands tighten but she says nothing.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'The war is expanding,' Seira responds to her daughter. 'It is as you've seen. Imix has struck at my Prime of birth. Do not be complacent, as we have plenty of enemies and even more opportunists. You'll need to decide whether you're participating in the greater conflicts of our age or staying safe on that Prime sooner rather than later, Emily.'

"I'm sorry," Seira's avatar tells Laurenal. "My direct involvement past this would likely make things worse. Until Oberuth, Marianne and Lyris succeed in their ultimate task, this world is vulnerable. I will do what I can to help, but focusing on the greater war to keep our enemies occupied is my best option at present." She places her hand on Laurenal's shoulder to comfort her. "Regardless. I'll be there for you if you call on me. Remember that."

She disappears with that, returning home.

Anastasia

'It's not like that,' Emily fires back, 'This is important, Mom. Don't talk about it like that. Io's strengthened Alyssa for a reason, and I'm going to see what it was, and why I'm gaining these blessings.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'Io's reason for action is facing down Shar,' Seira states. 'It is also what I have trained you for. As you can see, your mother and I were not the only ones concerned over this problem, and we've all been working towards it in our own ways. However, darling, remember that power never exists for its own sake. Towards which goal are you gaining blessings? What are you doing with them, as you grow ever stronger?'

Anastasia

'To help Alyssa and Jarem. I like them,' she fires back, voice calmer now. 'They're my friends. Would you have left the Crimson Guard when they needed you?'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'You misunderstood me,' Seira tells her with a sigh. 'I'm not telling you to leave them. If you believe you are in her orbit to do good, that things happened for this higher purpose, then guide her towards it. And if you decide to bunker down on Prime together, then do so and keep your heads down. This war will only grow and become more ruthless, and you no longer have the luxury of traveling to Brightwater for this or that, but staying out of planar affairs. Do you understand me now?'

Anastasia

'Oh.' Emily sends in a small voice.

'Oh.' She repeats, sounding embarrassed, like the time you found her with her hand literally in the cookie jar.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'Don't worry about it,' Seira attempts to reassure her. 'Misunderstandings happen. I try to clear them if I suspect them, so as long as you remember to do the same it's all good.' She pauses, before deciding to add, 'Tell Alyssa that this choice is one she would have needed to make regardless of your presence in her life. She can blame Io and planar gossips for that. It's not your fault. Avoid giving the planar rogues gallery loopholes for action against you if you're staying out of planar affairs.'

Anastasia

'For now, I am. It's just...I feel like I'm supposed to be here. Maybe it's Io, maybe it's someone else, maybe it's me. But something wants me to be here, Mom.' Emily sends back.
<Afina> Forever.