News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Moving on

Started by Anastasia, December 03, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

It all goes well into the afternoon, the dickering over a thousand points and a hundred minor concerns. There's bargaining, quibbling and ultimately compromise, if only in the face of what feels increasingly inevitable.

Near the end, it is Delaize who rises. He clears his throat, "I have been asked to address us all before any vote. May I have the floor?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa waves him on, "Of course."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Delaize clears his throat, "In the end, we agree to this because we feel the tides of fate sweeping us along. Your ascension to your power is only the beginning, and for better and for worse, we are taken along with you. We go along for the sake of the guild we are all a part of, and trust that history will not prove this a mistake. Do not let that happen."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods. "I know that many of you are uncomfortable with the pace of things and are unsure. I share these concerns and keep them in the forefront of my mind. I don't doubt that the road ahead will be rough, but I hold hope that the foundations of what we do will let us build something that will raise us beyond what we are to what we could be. With the interference of Shar, however, we're now on a stage that's far bigger than anything we imagined would happen in our lifetimes. I'd be a lair and a fool if I promised you we'd see our way through this, but... I promise to do everything in my power to, at the very least, open a path for us. If that requires me to not see the end of the path, so be it. Let's hope not, though."

Anastasia

And to that a vote is raised, taken and agreed. Your will is done - for now. Almost anticlimatic for now, really.

Yet you hardly have a chance to rest. You sit in your room, a dinner of fresh bread baked with garlic, a wedge of fine cheese, tropical fruits and a single fried cutlet. As you go to pick up your knife and fork, there's a knock on the door. "Alyssa? You have guests - really important guests."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa closes her eyes and sighs deeply, but quietly, before setting the cutlery down and standing, moving towards the door and opening it with her Telekinesis to see who's there.

Anastasia

Emily's there, clad in her full gear. "They're waiting for you unless you'd like to talk to them here?" Emily asks, "Um, it's Latha of Sylica, who is currently Syala's proxy. It's also Syala herself, in avatar form."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Would I know who these are, IC?

Anastasia

K:R and/or K:P.

Emily's mentioned them in passing casually, though she's never gone into them in depth, I believe.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d20+44 K:P
<Penuche> Iddy invokes Penuche's magic: < 51 > [d20=7]
> roll 1d20+44 K:R
<Penuche> Iddy invokes Penuche's magic: < 56 > [d20=12]

Anastasia

Syala is a new demipower who has risen a little over 20 years ago. She is one of the two rulers of Sylica. She is an astral deva of considerable power and druidic magic. Her faith emphasizes family, bonds and protection.

Latha is a powerful angel in service of Sylica, with power over the sun and sunlight. She is a close friend to Syala, as well as the deity Syala rules with, Alicia Reynes. She's a cleric of no small power.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods, "Well, please see me to them, then. I'll have a page arrange a meal for us as well."

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I'm not sure what prep I could do?

Anastasia

Fair enough, was just giving you the offer.

The first thing you notice is that Syala is clad in light. Her body glows, keeping her modesty. She is tall, an astral deva with the white wings to match. There is a strength to her, a natural movement that speaks of might. She is beautiful and yet wild, something about her untamed in a way you can't adequately describe.

Latha herself radiates the entire guest room, her blonde hair kept back and face beautiful. She steps forward and offers her hand out, gold-engraved iron bracers worn. "Regent Alyssa?" she offers, "I am Latha, the Diamond Angel of Radiance. It seems we have both been called to a grand and dreadful task."
<Afina> Forever.