News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Moving on

Started by Anastasia, December 03, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

"I'm imagining that turning people's ideas of magic and development and nature into a cooperative and beneficial combination of the three is going to be a little difficult. Most of them won't see the purpose in it; not at first. What they know has been working, and I doubt they understand the damage it can do to nature and why that's important. I can, on a scholarly level as I've studied it, but I don't have the understanding you do, and neither will they. So, I think some first steps would be for you, and any other druids you know, to put together a... book of sorts, that we can use to teach them. We're a fairly small population at this point, so seeding the idea in now would be best. Following that up, we'll need to show them why it can be beneficial to them. Do you know any spells that we could use on, say, a field to improve harvests? Or things that can be done to improve health and help children develop? Those are tangible things that are important to them. Food and children are typically top concerns."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"Improving food and health is a druid's inclination," Ianvasah agrees, "I know many such spells that can improve crops, cattle and such things."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"Anything that's a simple spell? That can be enchanted into say... A foundation stone, or a stone to be placed in a field or stable? Something that can be done by use cheaply, for distribution? Or is this something that needs to be cast in person?"

Anastasia

"Nothing permanent," Ianvasah shakes her head, "That creation has never been my talent to pursue."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Hmm... So, either we need to include regular... Missions? Wanderings? for any of the students that come into your branch... Or... Find a way to link you to someone who can make those items with you."

I honestly don't know much about item creation. Can that be done?

Anastasia

What you need is two fold - someone who can both cast the spell in question and has the right item creation feats to make the item. Not to mention the money and supplies needed, of course.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I don't suppose I can start a quest/mission/whatever to recruit an artificer with eschew material components, can I?

Anastasia

Well the thing is ignore material components covers spells liker permanency. It doesn't cover magic item creation's costs.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Ah well, that's why I wanted easy/low level spells anyway. Still, I need to find a druid item maker.

Anastasia

"It's not a common talent with druids," Ianvasah says, "But I have heard it exists. It is more the domain of wizards and holy men of things besides nature."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I figured as much. Still, if we can find one, I think it'll be worth it. I know druids don't have many formal connections, but what do you think of putting the word out?"

Anastasia

Ianvasah is quiet a time, before, "I will send word out amid my people, my sisters. I can guarantee nothing, but it will rely on them."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods. "I don't expect a promise here. Trying is all I can ask. If nothing else, we'll make it a long term project; perhaps one of our future students will have the aptitude for it."

Anastasia

Okay, anything else to do here, Iddy, or ready to move along?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Unless she has ideas, nope.