News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Oberuth stays quiet as Jetina takes a breath and steps forward.

"Why are you deserving?" Io asks, a plain question posed to Jetina.

There's no hesitation at this, "I've gotten involved with something so great that the weight of Creation rests on our shoulders." Jetina says, "I emerged from the light for this. I surrendered much of my past self to keep going. I face horrors because Moore is facing them. If being a part of this is not enough to be deserving, then nothing in Creation is."

"Why are you worthy?"

A pause, Jetina framing a small frown on her face. "Isn't that the same thing as deserving?" A longer pause, "I'm worthy because I stand here. I'm worthy because I didn't run away against the efreet. I'm worthy because I helped Aurora save Lifasa. I'm worthy because I was worthy to come into the world from the light."

"Why are you needy?"

This question gets the longest pause, "Because..." Jetina almost seems to let it go before she speaks. "I'm no solar like Cresiel, no whirlwind of death like Kaja and no archmage like Xandra. I'm not a demigod like those I travel with. I'm not even close to Moore and his many talents. I'm no legendary hero or champion chosen by forces and names I don't understand. I'm me, Jetina. A healer. Someone who wants to put the dead to rest and heal the living." Her voice becomes heavier, thicker. "Because even with the courage of the divine, I'm terrified of what I've gotten into."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Nicely said!" Seira cheers the plucky healer on.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Alicia nods approvingly, those seeming like good answers to her.

Nephrite

"It takes more courage than many have to be able to admit what you're afraid of." Moore concurs.

Anastasia

"Then you will have my aid." From this vast hoard of treasure it flies out - a set of armor, blackened steel with golden filigree that is perfectly intact and unblemished. Gold that shines amid darkened steel. Jetina's previous armor falls to the ground as she is girded.

"It is yours," Io declares, as the nothingness is gone, replaced only by a dead end wall.

Loot.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Wow!" Moore says with a clap. "I guess this is part of what he meant when he said this place was to strengthen us."

Anastasia

Jetina looks down at her armor and smiles, "It's so powerful," she says breathlessly, "Thank you." She calls out to the dead end, then turns. She's smiling and a little flushed, "Thank all of you, too. Your support helped."

"Everyone needs a boost at times," Amaryl agrees, "Another thing Seira taught me, even if I needed a lot of boosts at first. Then again, Moore is excellent for boosting people."

Antenora lingers a moment, "I understand that sort of fear, Jetina. We can talk of it after this, if you wish for support."

Another minute for durations, note any that ended.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I hope you'll soon have a chance to support us, and chase those doubts away with the strength of your deeds," Alicia says encouragingly to Jetina. "That was well spoken, though."

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 632+60/632
Active spells: Extended nondetection (CL 33, 65hrs), many moments of prescience (CL 32, 31 hrs), extended repelling shield (CL 33, 62m), keen edge (CL 32, 316m), sensual blessing (CL 32, 28m), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 32, 28m), greater heroism (CL 32, 28m), death ward (CL 32, 28m), divine insight (CL 32, 32 hrs), extended ray deflection (CL 33, 62m)
Defences: AC 86 (touch 48), CMD 123, spell resistance 47, status immunity (dazzled, blinding, polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), energy immunity (fire, cold, negative energy), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection
Stat buffs/penalties: +9 shield AC, 17-20 crit range, +25 competence perception, +10 insight perception, +4 morale skills, +18 morale attack, +8 competence attack, +4 untyped attack, +18 morale damage, +4 untyped damage, +12 dodge AC, +12 morale saves, +15 crit confirmations
Perceptions: Darkvision 2 miles, scent, low-light vision, tremorsense/blindsight 2 miles, arcane sight, perception +86
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/13/9/9/15/8/7/7/8/6/6/5
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/21/21/7/7

Nephrite

Moore smiles and nods. "I'm the same way -- I'm not that great of a fighter myself, so I rely on those around me to support me in return for the support I give them. It... wasn't easy to admit that sort of thing, but I consider it a strength, rather than a weakness. I think this labyrinth will be an interesting chance for all of us to help change our weaknesses into strength."

Anastasia

Jetina smiles brightly at all of it, still red faced. "Then I'll be happy to support all of you. I'll put you back together while Moore makes sure none of you need my help in the first place."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

4min since beginning. Superior Vigor and Sign are gone. Recitation is also gone, but recast with a swift.

Seira picks a new direction to give Jetina a chance to get her embarrassment under control! First, they need to return to where they defeated the proto-dragons. Aside from a chance to see whether Io's demiplane magically cleans itself in their wake, she intends to proceed to the south-eastern corner and the passageway there.

Anastasia

Ahead this path only goes a little ways, into another room that curves ahead. It curves ahead gently and smoothly, a half circle before it stops to the south and ambles onto the north. The walls here are a glossy sky blue, a light sky blue at that. In this room floats another sphere, soft colors and hovering gently.

To the east is a long passage that widens as it goes, ending in a door with the symbol of a sphere on it. Before it stands an old man, withered and stopped, wearing thick gray clothes and cloak. He has a wooden staff, leaning on it like a cane.

More northerly is a second eastern passage, though at this angle you can't see much of it. You can tell that the blue is starting to bleed out there, becoming a glossier pale, faded blue.

To the north is a final passage, the walls there turning a slightly deeper blue again, passages to the east and west glimpsed.

https://i.imgur.com/PFLjpFa.png
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Hello?" Alicia greets the old man before anything else, since it'd be rude to explore around and ignore him.

Corwin

Seira peeks at the faded blue eastern passage while Alicia parlays with the guard, unable to resist!

Anastasia

Seira takes a quick peek. The passage curves northwards, slowly angling out of sight.

The old man looks up, gray bearded and with old, foggy eyes. Slowly, with a voice that creaks and cracks, "Hello yourself, divine one."

<Afina> Forever.