News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"That's perfectly fair," Alicia says happily. "Now, earlier you said that we had overperformed 'our' hopes. Who else are you working with?" she asks.

Anastasia

"You must understand that my return has changed the rules, given us more hope," Io speaks, "I am an unplanned variable, as I have been gone from Creation for eons. You know of one called the Arbiter? I have made contact with his servant, who has made contact with you. My return has allowed for there to be more hopes for Creation, beyond those planned. A total of five clusters now, five nodes that can rise up and be the blade that severs Shar and saves Creation. For while I am not an Incarnation, I have grown and learned things, things I have offered to strengthen the position against Shar... and against Ao, the Endless Chaos."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"I was under the impression Alicia and I made direct contact to the Arbiter," Seira voices. "In particular, we were entrusted with something, and it has been my hope that being invited here would allow us to share the task properly. Does your referring to it mean that we can speak freely of it at last? And if so, is it only between those of us present here, or can we bring our closest friends into it as well?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"You can with them," Io confirms, "With the other groups, of which Moore is one - and Oberuth, as you know."

"Okay," Jetina says, "Now I'm even more confused!"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I am rather curious to find out a similar topic as well. It seems like Zaphkiel knew bits and pieces of this, and far be it from me to call into question His judgement." Moore says. "But I don't know how much of all of this is to remain secret, even to those that I serve myself."

Corwin

Seira smiles at Jetina. "Surprise! The final enemy to be destroyed is not death after all! It has always been Ao."

Ebiris

"The Arbiter informed us..." Alicia stops. She can't do it, not without the Arbiter's direct say so, she can't take even Io's word on this. "I'm sorry, I can't say more. I was warned very clearly of the consequences. Not unless I hear from the Arbiter or his herald that it's safe to do so."

Anastasia

No immediate apocalypse happens at Seira's words.

"Oh." Jetina says, a single word. "Oh." Her face drops, "Fuck."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It... sounds like there's a... bit of a story to this." Moore says, looking between the two of them. "Is that related to how or why the two of you became divinities?"

Corwin

Seira does a little fist pump in celebration, before turning to Amaryl. "I'm so sorry I never said anything, but destruction of everything if I spoke-- you understand, don't you? This was why it had to be you who came here with me!"

Anastasia

Amaryl's staring at you, "...I think we all need..." A glance at Alicia, biting her lip.

"It is safe," Io says, "Your prudence is a virtue, Alicia, but I speak truly. Ao will not be roused by this."

"I am merely grateful I do not find myself in the Beyond with Io, alone," Antenora says, exhaling quite heavily.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"We're all happy to be alive and for the conspiracy to save Creation to grow," Seira agrees, before looking over at Moore. "To answer your question, obviously not, since our ascension required Ao's approval. That happened as we proved ourselves capable, and our divine patrons wished for help in opposing Shar. It just so happens that the Arbiter told us why she was running around unopposed, and that was because Ao was bored with Creation and wished for her to destroy it."

Nephrite

"Approval?" Moore asks with a tilt of his head. "Does this 'Arbiter' have something to do with that process?"

Ebiris

Alicia is extremely tense for a moment before she relaxes. "No Moore, it's unrelated. We earned our divinity honestly. I will explain what we were told. First: Three is the answer, three into two and one into three. Numerology, and the Arbiter's herald could speak no clearly than that. I believe it relates to the number of Incarnations however - we were charged quite strongly to find the third. The truth lies in the third. Assuming Ao and the Arbiter are two, the third would be the long missing Incarnation of Law."

She looks over the mortals present, her eyes burning. "Do not speak of this elsewhere," her voice pulses with divine command. "It would alert Ao and all would come to an end. Our knowledge is shielded by the Arbiter but he can only do so much. Shar is the executioner's axe, a tool to end Creation at the Incarnation's will, but if we trust the Arbiter then Ao could do so far more suddenly if roused. Many events are nothing more than distractions, spurred by Ao. The judgement of the gnomish God-King, even the Competition of the Gods... perhaps even the search for an Answer itself? That last one is my supposition but the first two were confirmed. We must find the truth of Creation to stop Ao."

Corwin

"I've always wondered whether the Incarnation of Law split itself into three parts, and settled in Mechanus, Nessus and Chronias," Seira voices, growing serious now. "And it's important to understand whether the Arbiter is the Incarnation of Balance. As for approval, an Incarnation is the one deciding whether someone can ascend to godhood within Creation. Before, Ao's judgement could be appealed to another, but as he's the only one remaining, his decision often chooses the would-be deity's fate."