News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore frowns. "They're incomprehensible to me right now. I'll try and understand them at some point, though." Moore says with a smile. "Maybe they'd make more sense in the Beyond."

Anastasia

"Possibly, but I do not believe I have what is needed to make such a thing. Zaphkiel may." Io states.

Meanwhile Antenora eyes the divine seed, as does Amaryl and Jetina. Oberuth is watching Io instead.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Seira nods, and as she sees everyone eyeing the seed decides to give voice to the obvious question. "You're bequesting the divine seed to us, I take it?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"It is my gift to you," Io agrees. "Use it amid the five nodes as you all see fit."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

That's just silly, they were the ones who reached this part. "I propose an even split between our three parties," she tells the others. "With Oberuth covered under mine, if he wished to ascend. What do you say?"

Ebiris

"That makes the most sense," Alicia agrees with Seira, turning to Moore and Jetina. "With this one of you or someone you choose could become a deity, think well on the responsibility that entails. You could of course use it to bolster an allied deity, but growing stronger is far more trivial than ascending to start with."

Corwin

"Given what we've learned here today and what I already know, you two wouldn't benefit as much from it," Seira tells Amaryl and Moore. Nodding at the latter, she says, "Prepare for ascension via the One method, that would be my recommendation. As for you, Amaryl, the growth of your divine power and Antenora's would be fastest at this point, without any boosters."

She's actually thinking Kascha would make an adorable goddess, especially since Seira isn't about to risk her to Far Realm experimentations.

Nephrite

Moore takes in a breath. "I see... ah... hm. I don't think I'm ready for that sort of responsibility right now. If I could, I... would like to pursue the path to becoming One first, then maybe use this afterwards. Unless this is something we have to use right now, I suppose."

Anastasia

"I would rather take a charge now," Antenora says, "But I yield to Alicia in this, and see the wisdom in elevating another." Shaking her head, "I am drawn to this and the potential of what I may be, I know I do not think clearly."

"Who would with that offer," Amaryl murmurs, "We have cover as well: As news of Antenora's ascension spreads, they'll think we've managed it again."

"Not I," Oberuth says, "Give that cup to another." Frowning, "I don't need that sort of power."

"It will remain here to be used at your leisure. You may return here when you wish," Io says.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I would elevate Latha, if she is willing," Alicia says to Antenora. "Though I understand your desire."

Corwin

She nods at Oberuth, before addressing Io. "I know it might be a bit underwhelming after that incredible gift, but might I ask about more mundane things? Of course, the mundane things have to do with 21." Snorting, Seira asks him, "You cannot see it or Sylvie, but can you see her son, Calley? Can you confirm whether she empowered him with 21's power, and if so for what purpose?" Pausing to retrieve the notes she and Moore are keeping on that phenomenon, Seira adds, "Might this help? It's a copy of magical research he is working on, and our annotations of it."

Anastasia

"He is empowered," Io agrees, "Let me see your copies of those notes."

How far along are yo uon the, Moore?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira has made copies for Moore and Alicia before, so it's a simple matter to make another copy for Io's benefit! Perhaps he hasn't even touched that sort of magic, so it might aid him in turn. She'd be happy if that's the case, so it's not a constant stream of taking and not giving anything back.

Nephrite

Anastasia

Thus Io speaks, pointing out a few things and adding more.

40 more added, new total of 231, Moore.
<Afina> Forever.