News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"Can one of you sponsor Oberuth, so that things around him develop into a node in its own right? The Crimson Guard would make good candidates to help, and I keep a few powerful and determined agents in Oberuth's company."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"No, we have spent our energies in what is made now," Io states, "We have done what we can - the future lies in all of your hands now."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

She'd tried. Seira gives Oberuth a nod to reaffirm that she considers him one of them, whatever else, and then curtsies again before Io. "I never believed it possible, but I have asked all I wished to clear up our situation. You have my eternal gratitude for shedding some light on it, Lord Io."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Then are there others?" Io asks, looking to the rest.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia shakes her head. "I am content with what I have learned thus far. We will return soon to exercise our share from the divine seed."

Nephrite

"I have a few, then." Moore voices. "I'd like to understand when exactly I was... uh... chosen, for all of this, and whether or not the abilities I have were because of my own efforts or simply as a result of influence beyond my understanding. I... am sorry that I can't just be satisfied with standing here before you after all of this, but I've always followed a path that I thought was right and good for me and those around me. I want to believe that everything that's happened to me hasn't just been because someone's been in the... brightest light, pushing me forward."

Anastasia

"You were chosen when you returned from the light," Io says, "The growth you have made before the node is yours, save the gift Erathaol gave you before leaving for Aurora. Your growth has been fostered, but it is your growth and effort."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Thank you. You said Jetina wasn't intended to be with me... does that mean that all of us can continue to somehow defy 'fate,' as it were?"

Anastasia

"Yes, I'd like to know more about that," Jetina adds.

Io simply says, "Your place was not at Moore's side, but...so it happened, and your nodes are build so you can bring in those that happen, by design or by chance. Our plans are not hard fate."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Well, I can imagine a few places you probably would've ended up." Moore says.

He rubs his chin for a moment, deciding on his next question. "Is there anything you can share on the path to become One that would aid me, or are the lessons for it something I simply need to learn outside of here?"

Anastasia

"You are being taught, and studying the tome I gave all of you would not be amiss," Io says. "But a critical part of it is your ability to impose your will and your presence on those around you."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "That makes sense, for all that it's something I'm still a bit uneasy with." He admits. "But I will continue to follow the path I forge." He says, then he takes in a breath. "The dragon from the Far Realm, or Beyond... Actually, are those the same thing? I'm sorry, this is all still a bit new to me." He clears his throat. "She mentioned that the Pale Mother was somehow trapped by Ao, do you know anything about that?"

Anastasia

"The Far Realm is Beyond. It is a name for it, nothing more," Io replies, eyeing Moore now. "The Pale Mother is not of Creation. She sought to enter Creation and Ao....chose to imprison her." There is a pause when he speaks, "An unusual sentence, rather than banishment or destruction."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"...Wait, are all demons from Beyond, then?" Moore asks.

Anastasia

"No," Io says, "Demons are a creation of Creation. Creatures of Beyond destroy by their nature, and are interpreted into something akin to demons, but are not true demons."

"Pale Night is also an obyrith," Oberuth points out here, "Older things, madder things than demons."
<Afina> Forever.