News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Does that mean that the dragon from Beyond had her nature changed?"

Anastasia

"That dragon is an attempt to make something similar to Beyond," Io replies, "An experiment."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"I see." Moore nods. "Mm...  I think that's all of the questions I have." He bows his head. "Thank you for indulging me."

Anastasia

"Are there others?" Io asks.

Antenora comes forward, "I have a few," she says. "How can I best be One?"

The answer comes with a faint smile, or perhaps it is your imagination? "Be yourself that became One. You are."

Antenora takes that in and hmms softly. "If...if the worst happens, is there any way I could ever bring back those I will lose from it?" Her voice is quiet, "I cannot dismiss the possibility we will fail, not against what we face. I would be a fool to be able to."

"I don't know," Io admits, "I truly don't. If you suffer this fate, then you have a cause to occupy your eternity, Antenora. But I also do not find it likely you will survive a clash with Shar that sees her triumphant...but we hold our hope out, nonetheless."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore smiles at Antenora. "Even if that happens, we'll find a way." Moore says, then he snaps his fingers. "Actually, that made me think of something. Is that seed our reward for finding all of those keys?"

Anastasia

"It is not, but had you opened that door with the wrong keys, our discussion would not be so happy and your path to me not so easy." Io says.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore blinks, then lets out a laugh. "Well, it's a good thing we did, then. Well, unless there were more golden orbs after what faced us." He says with a broad smile.

Anastasia

Antenora flashes a smile at Moore for his words.

Meanwhile, Amaryl says, "Maybe later, but now I have enough to ponder."

"As do I," Oberuth declares, "Jetina?"

"Oh!" Jetina looks up, "I...Not to you, but Moore? Who will we use our part of the seed on?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It's something we can discuss when we return." Moore says. "We all have a lot to talk about with regards to all of this."

Anastasia

"Remember, only those directly in your node can be told of parts of this," Io says, firmly. "Use all restraint. Talk only in the safest places. Come here if in doubt, for it is safe. Do not speak of it lightly or frivolously."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Can I assume that talking to Zaphkiel is the same as talking to you?" Moore asks. "And that if he instructs me to tell things to, for example, the Hebdomad, there is no reason to doubt it?"

Anastasia

"On his direct word, yes," Io says, "But only on it and only with the greatest surety. Do not assume. A single mistake could make this all veer into disaster. Alicia's warning is a wise one." Io's voice is grave, heavy.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I'll find a way to be sure it is His voice, then." Moore says with a nod. "Thank you again." He turns to Antenora. "Sorry for bogarting your questions again."

Anastasia

Antenora nods to Moore, "Say no more."

"There are a few more matters to address," Io says, "Alicia, Marie is safe for this, even if she is not always your familiar now. The long time connected to you. If you are not certain someone is in your node or not, bring them here. Only people who are part of one of the five nodes - or Oberuth - can enter. If you are not sure, do not speak with them of anything beyond the conviction to defeat Shar. Do not speak of Ao the Endless Chaos."

"Secondly, ensure the other two nodes grow stronger and closer. They are behind your nodes, but they are no less valuable. The final battles will doubtless require all your strength as well as those to step up if some of you fall."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She supposes Marie was 'merely' her familiar when this node thing started up, but good to know she can be exposed to catastrophic secrets.

Secrets. She wonders if that's why Shar knew about her spying, is any secret endeavour against Shar doomed to fail because of her divine portfolio over them? Something to discuss with the others when back in Sylica.

"We'll keep an eye on the others, but I won't coddle them. They won't gain true strength that way," she says to the latter point.