News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

At last it's done, everyone ready.

Antenora stands by Alicia, spear held in hand, waiting without a word. Her head is slightly bowed, perhaps in prayer.

Amaryl awaits, checking her bow over one last time, her gear all ready to go. She takes a breath and nods to Seira, "It's time."

Jetina awaits and adds, "If any of you need healing or protection, I'll be glad to give it to you."

Oberuth watches the cascades of magical energy around him, rippling and thick, without comment. His jeweled blade is nonetheless readied, as is his shield.

[spoiler]

Antenora
HP: 768+66/768
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Protective 20ft (+4 deflection/+4 resistance vs evil) Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear)
Bonuses: Attack+36 (+18 morale, +4 sacred, +2 luck, +8 competence, +4 moore), Damage+26 (+18 morale, +4 sacred, +4 moore, +2d6 holy) AC+22 (+6 morale, +4 sacred, +12 dodge), Saves+18 (+4 more vs CV's)(+12 morale, +4 sacred, +2 luck), Skills+4 (+10 more Perception/Bluff/Diplo/Intimidate)(+4 morale), Checks+2 (+2 morale)
Resources: Holy Fury 36/36 (enc) Divine Retribution 1/1 Smite Evil 7/7 Channel Energy 17/17 Lay On Hands 448/448 Remove Disease 9/9 (week), Spiritual Connection 3/3 Blinding Speed 25/25
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Nondetection (CL33), Greater Heroism (CL32), Mass Death Ward (CL33), Mind Blank (CL33), Glorious Rally (CL33), Celestial Valor (CL33), Ghost Touch Weapon (CL33), Ghost Touch Armor (CL33), Recitation (CL33), Foresight (CL33), Superior Vigor (CL33), True Seeing (CL33), Vision of the Omniscient Eye (CL33), Detect Scrying (CL33), Greater Arcane Sight (CL33), Freedom of Movement (CL33), Pass Without Trace (CL33), Greater Anticipate Teleport (CL33), Voice of the Dragon (CL33), Good Hope (CL33), Heroes Feast (CL33), Energy Resistancex5 (CL33), Fortunate Fate (CL33), Spell Turning (CL33), Moore's Bardic Music (CL-)
Notes: Can always inflict nonlethal with attacks, spells, SLAs and abilities.
Smite Notes: +2 damage/paladin level on a charging smite. Each point of favored PA on charge is worth 9 points of damage, post charge multiplier (15 on crit).
Typical Charging Smite Baseline: 3d8+480 plus +4/+4d6 vs fiends plus 2d6 holy plus 2d6 axiomatic 19-20 x3 (base charging smite bonus damage is 64+64=128, includes favored enemy bonus)
Remember everything triples and x5 on a crit when adding things.

Jetina
HP: 555+66/555 (fast healing 5)
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear), Positive Energy 10ft (1 hit point healing/round)
Bonuses: Attack+36 (+18 morale, +4 sacred, +2 luck, +8 competence, +4 moore), Damage+26 (+18 morale, +4 sacred, +4 moore, +2d6 holy) AC+22 (+6 morale, +4 sacred, +12 dodge), Saves+18 (+4 more vs CV's)(+12 morale, +4 sacred, +2 luck), Skills+4 (+10 more Perception/Bluff/Diplo/Intimidate)(+4 morale), Checks+2 (+2 morale)
Resources: Smite Evil 7/7 Smite 6/6 Channel Energy 14/14 Emergency Healing 3/3 True Believer 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Nondetection (CL33), Greater Heroism (CL32), Mass Death Ward (CL33), Mind Blank (CL33), Glorious Rally (CL33), Celestial Valor (CL33), Ghost Touch Weapon (CL33), Ghost Touch Armor (CL33), Recitation (CL33), Foresight (CL33), Superior Vigor (CL33), True Seeing (CL33), Vision of the Omniscient Eye (CL33), Detect Scrying (CL33), Greater Arcane Sight (CL33), Freedom of Movement (CL33), Pass Without Trace (CL33), Greater Anticipate Teleport (CL33), Voice of the Dragon (CL33), Good Hope (CL33), Heroes Feast (CL33), Energy Resistancex5 (CL33), Fortunate Fate (CL33), Spell Turning (CL33), Moore's Bardic Music (CL-)
Notes: Divine Vigor is +10ft land movement and +2 temp hp per hit die. Divine Shield is Cha mod to shield bonus to armor class.

Amaryl
HP: 554+66/554
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Divine 10ft (various)
Resources: Emergency Skirmish 1/1 Blinding Speed 25/25 Elemental Summon 3/3 Smiting 1/1 Dragonfire 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Notes: Always goes first with supreme init, +4 bonus to attacks after the first miss in a round.

Commander Oberuth
HP: 1100+66/1100 (regeneration 20)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Resources: Defensive Stance 11/11 +5 One Attack On FA 1/1 (rnd) Take 10 On One Attack 1/1 (rnd) Spellruin 1/1 Smite 1/1 Maim 1/1 Lifetheft 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Notes: Immunity to sickened and reduces nausea. Immune to critical hits and precision. Allied defense applies combat expertise to all adjacent allies.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Alicia stands with her sword-staff held in one hand, the other free. "This will be the first time fighting together for some of us," she says, nodding to Jetina. "Let us trust in one another's strength and skill."

Anastasia

"If anyone needs protection, come to me," Oberuth speaks up on that, "I can defend people nearby when I fight on the defensive."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I'm sure there's nothing we can't all accomplish together. I look forward to it."

Corwin

"If there's ever a situation where a lot of small fry are assaulting us, give me some space to clear the room," Seira voices. "In any case...."

She plane shifts the seven of them to their destination!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Before the party is darkness, silence now and seemingly forever. Your arrive shifts things, stirs reality to move. The planes around you adjust and change, a golden gateway forming. It shines with an inner light, leading into a labyrinth of stone walls and ceilings, a great maze.

"You have come." A perfect voice intones, calm. "Dragon Princess and Queen of the Battlefield, Hopebringer and Healer, Opal Angel and Elven Princess and Sylian's. If you are ready, you may enter and begin."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Are there any rules you need to tell us to abide by, first?"

Anastasia

"You must find me deep within. I will await all of you." Is the answer you get. "For another purpose of this is to help you grow and strengthen. You are our hope, but as you are now, you are not enough."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"What of Alyssa Songsteel then, and the fifth?" Alicia speaks up.

Anastasia

"They will grow strong as well," Io concurs. "We will talk of our plans once you reach me."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Very well, lets go then," Alicia steps through the golden gateway.

Corwin

Seira squeezes Amaryl's hands, before proceeding onwards!

Nephrite

Moore nods to Jetina as they follow along!

Anastasia

In light of this entire week now being a question mark, I'm going to get up a post now. It's a big one so I'll take the time to do it thoroughly.

As you walk, the stone walls tint blue. A deep, rich blue, the the color of sapphires and the ocean. Ahead is a chamber, larger to the west than the east.  Sitting near the center is an orb. It is the size of a child's toy ball, colored in gentle oranges, pale purples, soft blues and other colors blending together. It floats around 5ft off the ground, bobbing ever so slightly in the air, up and down.

Dead ahead is a narrow hall that ends in a door. This door has the image of a sphere carved into it, one that ripples with colors despite the otherwise blue stone.

To the east is a passage that goes on a short time before turning slowly to the north, a gentle curve in that direction. As it does, the blue stone becomes lighter, still a rich color but becoming closer to the color of the sky.

To the west is a passage going in that direction, along with a meandering hook north. The western passage goes until it becomes strangely indistinct, impossible to see all the way to the end.

The meandering hook north leads to a short hall with two passages west, just barely visible from your position.

Antenora looks about, "Our path is manyfold," she says, "Who should lead the way?"

Amaryl lowers her bow slightly, walking with an arrow ready. "Commander Oberuth," she murmurs, "He's a big human, bigger than any of us."

Jetina pauses by the wall and touches it, "Beautiful," she says. Her fingers touch the stone, little swirls of white sinking into the wall where her fingers touch it.

Oberuth looks about and adds, "I'm better at the front than the rear," he agrees. "Careful, we don't know what sorcery is here." His gaze turns on Jetina, gently batting her hand away with the flat of his blade.

This gets Jetina to withdraw her hand, "I didn't feel any harm," she disagrees, "I don't think Io would harm us for touching a wall."

> roll 1d20+46
<Meredith> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 59 > [d20=13]

> roll 1d20+46
<Meredith> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 52 > [d20=6]

Spellcraft and K:P

"I do not think he would," Antenora looks over, eyes glowing blue. "It's interacting with your soul and essence," she says, "I don't understand all of it. It does remind me of my experiences with the Deep Ethereal."

DM Note: It has been two minutes for the sake of durations. Please track the durations of spells you cast and let me know when they expire. I'll be updating time passing in future posts, let me know after each update if something's gone.

[spoiler]

Antenora
HP: 768+66/768
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Protective 20ft (+4 deflection/+4 resistance vs evil) Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear)
Resources: Holy Fury 36/36 (enc) Divine Retribution 1/1 Smite Evil 7/7 Channel Energy 17/17 Lay On Hands 448/448 Remove Disease 9/9 (week), Spiritual Connection 3/3 Blinding Speed 25/25
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Notes: Can always inflict nonlethal with attacks, spells, SLAs and abilities.
Smite Notes: +2 damage/paladin level on a charging smite. Each point of favored PA on charge is worth 9 points of damage, post charge multiplier (15 on crit).
Typical Charging Smite Baseline: 3d8+480 plus +4/+4d6 vs fiends plus 2d6 holy plus 2d6 axiomatic 19-20 x3 (base charging smite bonus damage is 64+64=128, includes favored enemy bonus)
Remember everything triples and x5 on a crit when adding things.

Jetina
HP: 555+66/555 (fast healing 5)
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear), Positive Energy 10ft (1 hit point healing/round)
Resources: Smite Evil 7/7 Smite 6/6 Channel Energy 14/14 Emergency Healing 3/3 True Believer 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Notes: Divine Vigor is +10ft land movement and +2 temp hp per hit die. Divine Shield is Cha mod to shield bonus to armor class.

Amaryl
HP: 554+66/554
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Divine 10ft (various)
Resources: Emergency Skirmish 1/1 Blinding Speed 25/25 Elemental Summon 3/3 Smiting 1/1 Dragonfire 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Notes: Always goes first with supreme init, +4 bonus to attacks after the first miss in a round.

Commander Oberuth
HP: 1100+66/1100 (regeneration 20)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Resources: Defensive Stance 11/11 +5 One Attack On FA 1/1 (rnd) Take 10 On One Attack 1/1 (rnd) Spellruin 1/1 Smite 1/1 Maim 1/1 Lifetheft 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Notes: Immunity to sickened and reduces nausea. Immune to critical hits and precision. Allied defense applies combat expertise to all adjacent allies.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

A map. Bear in mind the following caveats.

1. As anyone who has ever seen my handwriting or my MSpaint efforts before knows, I am not blessed with the skills or coordination of an artist. As such, a graphing program is used. This provides an easy, reasonably fast format to create maps and present them to all of you. Please bear in mind that this provides a blocky looking map. Please refer to descriptions first before assuming everything is right angles and perfect squares. In other words, bear with me.

2. The map is quite large. It may or may not use all the space provided here. I intentionally went with a large map so that regardless of if it is all used or not, that no meta gaming information can be gained by noting the size of it. 

3. The map is quite big. Remember, click it to zoom in if needed, then scroll down and to the right to see where you're at. After that, see point 2 again in case you how big the map is hits you.

4. Once you've read this and seen the map, let me know in your next post? I will nag if I don't see that notice in it. This is so we're all on the same page with this map. Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/NH6Jqgf.png
<Afina> Forever.