News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore will leave the decisions as to whether or not to split up to the others, as well as the orb that clearly has some sort of meaning.

He decides to go and gently touch the wall near Jetina to see if he has the same reaction as her.

Take 10 on K:A for 91, and Spellcraft for 81.

I have seen and acknowledge the presence of the Might and Magic Map.

Anastasia

Thank you, Moore.

When Moore touches the wall, he sees bright white light swirl into the stone from where his fingers touch it.

Moore can tell the wall is drawing on his memories, his thoughts and his essence. He does not believe it to be hostile or dangerous, no sign of anything like that.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Lady Antenora is correct." Moore says. "It's somehow... drawing on my memories, thoughts and... yes, essence. I imagine it will be used in some sort of puzzle later, as I imagine..." He glances over at the others. "I have a sinking suspicion each one of us may have a certain 'color' to our souls."

Corwin

"Might as well see where it leads," Seira muses, touching the wall herself.

I've seen the map. All spells are still up at 2min duration.

08:07 <CC> roll 1d20+108 KA
08:07 <Meredith> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 118 > [d20=10]
08:08 <CC> roll 1d20+108 Spellcraft
08:08 <Meredith> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 119 > [d20=11]

All the buffs included, which is surprisingly quick with multiaction. Also, Moore confused me by using KA, but KA and KP is the same roll for me so the result works.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Seira concurs with Antenora and Moore. There's nothing dangerous here, as you can tell the wall is providing the actual magic here, rather than drawing anything out of people who touch it.

Golden light swirls through the wall on your touch.

"Chromatic dragons, metallic dragons, gem dragons. Many a question of color," Amaryl says, "My first instinct is to think it a question of prismatics, but that wouldn't fit Io. For all Seira's power comes from the root of red dragons, she is a gold dragon at heart. At least an idealized gold dragon." She comes up close, eyeing the golden swirls from where Seira's fingers touch the wall.

"I'm not cold enough to be a white dragon," Jetina protests, "But that's not right. Moore, it's not about anything like that for us. That's the light of the Lost Realm, don't you think?"

Meanwhile Antenora taps the wall herself, a tiny swirl of opal blue fading into the wall from that touch. "Is there such a thing as pearl dragons? Light dragons? Well, I believe there are radiant dragons in Celestia. If I recall, they are described as having scales of molten white gold."

Quietly, more to himself and simply heard because of everyone's exceptional hearing and magic enhancing it, "There are too damn many types of dragons," Commander Oberuth murmurs under his breath.

> roll 1d20+46 Antenora K:A
<Meredith> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 52 > [d20=6]
> roll 1d20+46 Antenora K:P
<Meredith> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 60 > [d20=14]
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"There is a dragon for every occasion~"

Nephrite

Moore nods to Jetina. "Yes, I think anyone who came from that place would have a similar color. I suppose we shall just have to see how it all fits in."

Ebiris

Durations now tracked in spoiler. Map viewed.

While people talk about dragons and study the walls, Alicia goes over to examine that chromatic sphere.

Arcane sight, spellcraft taking 10 for 75 using divine insight and recasting it via alter reality afterwards.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 632+20/632
Active spells: Extended nondetection (CL 33, 65hrs), many moments of prescience (CL 32, 31 hrs), extended repelling shield (CL 33, 64m), keen edge (CL 32, 318m), sensual blessing (CL 32, 30m), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 32, 30m), greater heroism (CL 32, 30m), death ward (CL 32, 30m), divine insight (CL 32, 32 hrs), extended ray deflection (CL 33, 64m)
Defences: AC 86 (touch 48), CMD 123, spell resistance 47, status immunity (dazzled, blinding, polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), energy immunity (fire, cold, negative energy), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection
Stat buffs/penalties: +9 shield AC, 17-20 crit range, +25 competence perception, +10 insight perception, +4 morale skills, +18 morale attack, +8 competence attack, +4 untyped attack, +18 morale damage, +4 untyped damage, +12 dodge AC, +12 morale saves, +15 crit confirmations
Perceptions: Darkvision 2 miles, scent, low-light vision, tremorsense/blindsight 2 miles, arcane sight, perception +86
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/13/9/9/15/8/7/7/8/6/6/5
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/22/21/11/7

Anastasia

Alicia examines the sphere. It is safe to touch, a mere recording of a voice that will play back once touched.

Oberuth grunts at that, Amaryl cracking a smile. "There are many types of dragons and lesser dragons," she agrees.

Antenora approaches Alicia as she works, not saying anything, merely watching.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"This is a magical sound recording. Quiet a moment please," Alicia asks everyone before she touches a gauntleted hand atop the sphere.

Anastasia

Silence falls as Alicia touches the sphere.

Io's voice speaks. "I was created by the Incarnations. While others were made for lesser concepts, I was charged with the pursuit of perfection. Long did I wrestle with this task, until I realized the most perfect creatures I know were the ones before me. Thus, I copied the Incarnations and created dragonkind, a race geared to search and seek perfection as long as they live, then reflect on what they learned in eternity hereafter."

"To aid them in this search, I gifted them all sorcerous powers, agelessness and supernatural gifts. To the greatest of them I left paths to ascend, the path of the platinum dragon, the path of the ruby dragon and the path of the prismatic dragon. Yet as the ages passed, none found what I sought and I grew discouraged."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia's silent a moment longer after that last sentence, in case it's a dramatic pause and there's more to come.

Corwin

"Wait, Ruby Dragon?"

Is there some knowledge here? I'm drawing a blank.

Anastasia

The sphere says no more.

"That begs the question of why the path was sealed," Antenora speaks up, "Otherwise, Aurora would not have had the troubles it did with Baleruk."

You can make K:A here, Seira. This has come up before, but with Muirfinn I believe or possibly Tryll.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Perhaps Tiamat and Bahaumut misinterpreted Io's command, or perhaps defeating the obstacles they placed was part of the lesson?" Alicia muses once it's clear there's nothing more to say. "There's probably more spheres elsewhere that will continue the story."