News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Landing at Hope

Started by Anastasia, January 23, 2019, 12:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"Thank you, Lord Grumbar." Moore says with a bow as he writes out the rest of the magic onto the piece of paper. "Where may I find him?"

Anastasia

It presses into your mind - mystical coordinates, like a rock slamming into your brain.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Thank you." Moore says. "If you have needs of my services again, do not hesitate to ask for them, or speak with Will, Lord Grumbar." He says before he turns to leave!

Anastasia

It is like an avalanche, all of you pushed out of the room and away. Once clear, Jetina speaks aloud, "His voice was overwhelming," she says, "Just like his body."

"So we have to find this without hurting Danaxmos?" Kaja makes a face, "That's going to make this even trickier."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It may be possible to have a dialog with it." Moore says. "If it's made from Grumbar's blood in the first place, it's entirely possible that it can understand speech. However, we're not going to go and try and find it just yet, I think the other pieces will be easier to locate, and then we can likely use them to move the last piece out of Danaxmos or simply to locate it with them. Either way, we have what we came for." Moore says with a smile.

"Let's return to Hope's Landing for now and see if there have been any developments." He says.

Anastasia

Done and done.

When you get back to regroup, "Oh, Moore," Grias is in the courtyard to greet you, "There's news!"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Tell me all about it." Moore says.

Anastasia

"You have messages," Grias reports, "Including an unsolicited one, let me show you that one." Thus it is handed over and...

Lord Moore,

My name is Alyssa Songsteel. A certain Dragon Lord we are both acquainted with made a strong suggestion that I work with you on a linguistics project. He believes that I might both assist you and learn from you so that our roles might both be strengthened.

I look forward to meeting you.
-Alyssa Songsteel,
Guild master of the Arcane Order of Arythma
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"...Ah, I was wondering when I'd hear from her." Moore says, tapping the letter.

"I'll have to reach out to her personally. What other messages are there, Grias?" He asks.

Anastasia

The next is handed over.

Dear Moore:

I hope you are well, hale and yet untouched by the rumors of war that have reached me.

I hear you're at war. War is the foundation of great profit; never let it be said that war is not seen for what it is. A maxim I learned young and believe to be well spirited and wise, one I would wish to extend to you. In particular, my excellent profits at Aurora have earned me a great deal of discretionary funds. Funds I could invest in a second shop. I am currently considering such an expansion, do you have any interest in this or know of another place that would be receptive? Though I confess in your position there may be complications that make it more difficult - or not. I am not fully conversant on your situation, so take this with the understanding that I am not committing to anything yet.

Signed

Filbrez.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore smile and nods, then looks to Grias if there's anything else!

Anastasia

"There's a few general orders, but nothing important, mostly military and routine," Grias says, "That's it today."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods.

"A moment, then." He says as he takes some time to pen a letter back to Filbrez.

Filbrez:

It was a pleasure to hear from you. I would be happy to discuss this further with you, please feel free to come to Hope's Landing in Lunia at your earliest convenience, I can explain the current situation and what I'm attempting to do here.

Best Regards,

Moore.

"Could you please make sure this letter gets to Filbrez of Aurora?" Moore asks.

After that, he takes out his Miniaturized Sending Orb (argh, you need to come up with a better name for them, Moore!) to send a message to Alyssa.

'Lady Alyssa, this is Moore of Celestia. At your leisure, please feel free to come to Hope's Landing in Lunia, and I would be happy to discuss matters with you, or I can visit you if you would prefer.' 

Anastasia

Okay, go cross post that in Iddy's thread, would you?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Locking this one for now.
<Afina> Forever.