News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Getting the band together

Started by Anastasia, January 23, 2019, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"I think we're just about ready to go," Seira muses. "Yandrazrt, can you handle the earth glides or suitable variants for Oraga and yourself, and a couple backups just in case? I'll provide the various combat boosts and stealth once we're close enough."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Donald smiles at this, "Right back into it," he says agreeably, "Time to go make another victory in the war. Hey Seira?"

Amaryl hms at that, "Another victory," she murmurs, momentarily lost in a thought, perhaps.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Anastasia

"What would goldenfire do to that boiling adamantine?" Donald asks, "Especially if there were evil magic or power in the area to dissolve explosively in it?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Purification, unless it were really exotic," Seira muses. "I suppose we should give it a try after rescuing everyone, but I don't want to open combat by putting the slaves we're there to save at risk, if that's what you're suggesting."

Anastasia

"No, you're right. It's just an idea - a good and fun one. We should make sure they can't easily rebuild," Donald agrees.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira nods. "All that remains, then, is to have a few mages capable of opening more portals from one of our private sections. Amaryl, you should be able to grant them the ability given your control over the realm. What else... healers, of course. We should have a few present, given the conditions we're going to bring the rescued people from even if it weren't after a battle."

Anastasia

"I think so," Amaryl agrees, then frowns, "Or someone like Jetina. Goodness, she was good at healing, like an oak is good at standing tall."

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira shrugs. "Most people don't need so much dedicated healing. We'll make it work."

CL 33 spells for Seira, Oraga and Lagann:
Overall: Ghost Touch (Armor, Shield and Weapons), Recitation (per round spell)
Defensive: Shield of Warding, Foresight, Visions of the Future, Dragonskin, Foresight, Superior Vigor (per round spell)
Perception Modes and Protections: True Seeing, Vision of the Omniscient Eye, Detect Scrying, Greater Arcane Sight
Movement Modes and Protections: Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Greater Anticipate Teleport
Skill Checks: Greater Heroism, Voice of the Dragon
Ability Checks: Good Hope, Sign
Immunities and Resistances: Nondetection, Mass Death Ward, Heroes's Feast, Energy Res 30 (all)
Esoteric Boosters: Fortunate Fate, Spell Turning

Special spells on us three:
Spiderskin (+5 racial to AC, +5 racial to stealth), Forestfold (+10 competence to Stealth), Camouflage (+10 circumstance to Stealth), Shadow Form (you can attempt to slip through a solid object or barrier up to 5 feet thick with a DC 20 Escape Artist check)

Benefits:
AC: +22 normal/+12 touch/+12+ghost touch armor/shield incorporeal (+2 insight Foresight, +5 sacred Shield of Warding, +3 luck Recitation, +2 dodge Visions of the Future, +5 natural armor Dragonskin, +5 racial/Spiderskin, +ghost touch armor/shield)
Attack: +7 (+4 morale Greater Heroism, +3 luck Recitation)
Damage: +2 (+2 morale Good Hope)
Fort and Will Saves: +11 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +4 morale Greater Heroism, +3 luck Recitation)
Ref Save +14 (+5 sacred Shield of Warding, +4 morale Greater Heroism, +3 luck Recitation, +2 insight Foresight)
Ability Checks: +2 (+2 morale from Good Hope)
Init: +2/+6 (+2 morale from Good Hope, +4 one-time bonus from Sign)
Temp HP: 20

Also fast healing 8 (Superior Vigor), immunity to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects (Mass Death Ward), immunity to poison and fear (Heroes's Feast), energy resistance 30 to fire/cold/acid/elec/sonic (Energy Resistance x5), being a difficult target to divination (Nondetection), becoming impossible to track without magic, and limiting the usefulness of scent (Pass Without Trace), moving and attacking normally everywhere, as well as receiving +15 to CMD vs grapples (Freedom of Movement), being healed with 150hp once if dropped below 0 (Fortunate Fate), reflecting 1d4+6 spell levels of spells that have you as a target and aren't touch spells (Spell Turning), +10 enhancement bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks and a really nice and deep commanding voice (Voice of the Dragon), true seeing, +10 to perception and immunity to being dazzled or blinded (Vision of the Omniscient Eye), immediate ability to analyze magic (Greater Arcane Sight) and our favorite combo of detecting when someone's scrying on you and blocking their teleport for 3 rounds any time they try to teleport within a 165ft radius of you.

I'm requesting that Lagann casts Earth Glide upon himself and Oraga. Also, that someone gets them Mind Blank.

I also cast the following on myself:
Sensual Blessing, Many Moments of Prescience, Moment of Prescience, Mind Blank, Bibliotheca Arcana, Earth Glide

Anastasia

Spoiler block semi placeholder. I'll do all the work and add the other two blocks after session. I don't think we'll get far enough this afternoon to make doing them critical. If I'm wrong we'll have a short pause while I do them, but I think it's a fair gamble in exchange for potentially more posting time.

Thus everything is cast and prepared, then...

Go ahead and set up, this is your assault. Detail things as much as needed.

[spoiler]

Amaryl
HP: 554/554
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Divine 10ft (various)
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+0, Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Emergency Skirmish 1/1 Blinding Speed 25/25 Elemental Summon 3/3 Smiting 1/1 Dragonfire 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Always goes first with supreme init, +4 bonus to attacks after the first miss in a round.

Donald
HP: 792/792
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+0, Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Quick Cast 6/6 Protection Devotion 1/1 +5 One Attack On FA 1/1 (rnd) Take 10 On One Attack (rnd) 1/1 Armor Haste 15/15 Breath Weapon Boost 3/3 Weapon Damage Dice Boost 3/3
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Two quickened spells/round when under armor's haste, unkillable allows Con saves to not be reduced below 1 HP. Slashing flurry enables extra attacks for penalties.

CL 33 spells for Seira, Oraga and Lagann:
Overall: Ghost Touch (Armor, Shield and Weapons), Recitation (per round spell)
Defensive: Shield of Warding, Foresight, Visions of the Future, Dragonskin, Foresight, Superior Vigor (per round spell)
Perception Modes and Protections: True Seeing, Vision of the Omniscient Eye, Detect Scrying, Greater Arcane Sight
Movement Modes and Protections: Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Greater Anticipate Teleport
Skill Checks: Greater Heroism, Voice of the Dragon
Ability Checks: Good Hope, Sign
Immunities and Resistances: Nondetection, Mass Death Ward, Heroes's Feast, Energy Res 30 (all)
Esoteric Boosters: Fortunate Fate, Spell Turning

Special spells on us three:
Spiderskin (+5 racial to AC, +5 racial to stealth), Forestfold (+10 competence to Stealth), Camouflage (+10 circumstance to Stealth), Shadow Form (you can attempt to slip through a solid object or barrier up to 5 feet thick with a DC 20 Escape Artist check)

Benefits:
AC: +22 normal/+12 touch/+12+ghost touch armor/shield incorporeal (+2 insight Foresight, +5 sacred Shield of Warding, +3 luck Recitation, +2 dodge Visions of the Future, +5 natural armor Dragonskin, +5 racial/Spiderskin, +ghost touch armor/shield)
Attack: +7 (+4 morale Greater Heroism, +3 luck Recitation)
Damage: +2 (+2 morale Good Hope)
Fort and Will Saves: +11 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +4 morale Greater Heroism, +3 luck Recitation)
Ref Save +14 (+5 sacred Shield of Warding, +4 morale Greater Heroism, +3 luck Recitation, +2 insight Foresight)
Ability Checks: +2 (+2 morale from Good Hope)
Init: +2/+6 (+2 morale from Good Hope, +4 one-time bonus from Sign)
Temp HP: 20

Also fast healing 8 (Superior Vigor), immunity to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects (Mass Death Ward), immunity to poison and fear (Heroes's Feast), energy resistance 30 to fire/cold/acid/elec/sonic (Energy Resistance x5), being a difficult target to divination (Nondetection), becoming impossible to track without magic, and limiting the usefulness of scent (Pass Without Trace), moving and attacking normally everywhere, as well as receiving +15 to CMD vs grapples (Freedom of Movement), being healed with 150hp once if dropped below 0 (Fortunate Fate), reflecting 1d4+6 spell levels of spells that have you as a target and aren't touch spells (Spell Turning), +10 enhancement bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks and a really nice and deep commanding voice (Voice of the Dragon), true seeing, +10 to perception and immunity to being dazzled or blinded (Vision of the Omniscient Eye), immediate ability to analyze magic (Greater Arcane Sight) and our favorite combo of detecting when someone's scrying on you and blocking their teleport for 3 rounds any time they try to teleport within a 165ft radius of you.

I'm requesting that Lagann casts Earth Glide upon himself and Oraga. Also, that someone gets them Mind Blank.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

With the magic precast, even though some of it might take a bit of care to refresh as the three of them go on, Seira uses Donald's estimate for the edge of the dimensional block, adds 200ft to it, and then plane shifts herself, Oraga and Lagann into a suitable pocket of air within all that rock just past that range, deep below their target!

Anastasia

The rock is thick and black, gray and red. Here the heat and fire beats against the three of you like a raised whip, ready to come down and flay any unable to withstand it.

It's rather pleasant to you, really.

Lagann takes one look around and smiles faintly, "In our element here," he declares, while Oraga rumbles deeply.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Pretty much," Seira agrees.

'We're across,' she sends to Amaryl, before estimating how far from their target they are.

Out loud, she proceeds to say, "We'll advance in a single file. Yandrazrt up front, to sense for metals and divert, steal or go around them as things allow. Keep an eye out for magic as well. I'll follow and back you up on that as well as any more mundane traps. My engineering knowledge might come in handy as well. Oraga brings up the rear. We're going straight down until we spot any magic, and ideally that would be the spell preventing dimensional travel. Questions?"

Anastasia

'Good luck,' Amaryl sends back.

"None," Yandrazrt says, "This will be simple. Follow and if I stop, stop, or you'll be sorry."

You're over a mile out - probably the peril of finding an empty space, really.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin