News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Victorious advance

Started by Anastasia, March 25, 2019, 01:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay, let's start this one with a quick run down of post battle todos to sort out the attack, any immediate responses and general followup. This is for things on your end, obviously more things are likely going to happen as well.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Running down the list in order...
Isolate greater demon corpses from the horde.
Banish lesser demon corpses.
Collect and identify/distribute/destroy booty from the horde.
Incapacitate and imprison greater demons when they resurrect.
Interrogate greater demons and that elf via mind probe/mind theatre.
Make knowledge checks on Violet to consider reprisals.

Anastasia

First two can pass largely off screen if all goes well. Anything you'd like to add/anyone particular assigned to those tasks?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Marie will identify magical stuff that gives the rank and file trouble.
Jessica and Syala will make sure the greater demons get knocked out before they can cause more trouble when they resurrect.
Naeys will help with the mind probes/theatres.
Alicia will make the knowledge checks for Violet stuff.

Anastasia

Go ahead and make the Knowledge checks now.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[17:47] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+86 buffed knowledge check on Violet
[17:47] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 91 > [d20=5]

Specifically I'm interested in operations and bases she has outside of the Abyss.

Anastasia

Violet is a Radiant Sister of Malcanthet. She is typical of that kind and a noted spellcaster, a natural sorcerer said to dabble in dark, secret arts. Granted that's normal for a demon, but there's always been murmurs about Violet. She's known to be close to Malcanthet in particular, perhaps favored or simply noticed.

She mostly works under Malcanthet's banner and thus her operations fall under her. However, there are rare rumors of something to do with Hades. You'd have to investigate it more - too much of her lore blends into Malcanthet's general doings.

Personality wise, she's typical there, but a bit more intellectual. She's smart and known for being smart. Not just cunning, but legitimately bright.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

That's fine, we'll what mind probes dig up next.

edit: Oh, when I hit the spellcraft DC to identify the caster of that spell on the elf it also would've been enough to know the caster level too. What was it?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

You meet with Naeys late that night. His face is drawn and pale, "Ambrosia, if you may," he asks, "Delving into the mind of demons is always a burden." He sits down in your office, resting with eyes half closed for several moments, "And our elf is...a problem."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia goes to the drinks cabinet in her study, taking out a teadrop shaped bottle and pouring out two small glasses of ambrosia, going to hand one to Naeys and keeping the bottle handy. "I'm sorry that it's necessary, but thank you. Lets start with the elf, then?" she invites, sitting down across from him.

Anastasia

Naeys drinks deep of his ambrosia, placing it down after. "As perplexing as it is to ponder, the elf is innocent." He begins with that. "Whatever memories he had before what happened to him are gone, likely the result of the Styx or powerful magic. I suspect, but cannot prove, that they may have been taken and stored away."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"What did happen to him that he is able to recall, then?" Alicia asks. "Where does it start for him?"

Anastasia

"He recalls the attack, but dimly. A side effect of the magic he was under. Other than that, language skills and certain innate potentials, he's a blank slate." Naeys admits. "Likely a perfectly disposable weapon."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Like Jessica was to start with..." Alicia murmurs. "Does he remember being empowered by Violet?"