News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Victorious advance

Started by Anastasia, March 25, 2019, 01:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Taking 10 for 66 on planes with divine insight to ID the fallen solar.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Alicia: 651+20/651
Active spells: Many moments of prescience (CL 33), extended mind blank (CL 33), extended nondetection (CL 33), sensual blessing (CL 33), epic mage armour (CL 33), recitation (CL 33), greater heroism (CL 33), repelling shield (CL 33), spell turning (CL 33), dance of the unicorn (CL 33), foresight (CL 33), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 33), opal protection (CL 33), celestial valor (CL 33)
Defences: AC 91, CMD 100 (117 vs grapple), spell resistance 48, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear, dazzled & blinded), nondetection (DC 48)
Stat buffs/penalties: +25 competence perception, doubled crit range, +10 armour AC, +3 luck attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +4 attack/saves/skills, +2 insight AC/reflex, +3 morale armour, +4 sacred attack/damage/ac/saves
Perceptions: Darkvision, tremorsense, blindsight 2 miles, scent, arcane sight, perception +83
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/14/9/9/15/8/7/8/7/5/3/6/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/22/22/11/7/6

Anastasia

The solar is Dustfire, a fallen who serves Eblis. A sadist, he enjoys burning mortals and reducing them to ash. A natural fire mage of great power and skill. While not one of the Sundered Suns, he is nonetheless a servant of Eblis.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Not one of Eblis's get but still a follower of his - Dustfire," Alicia says, pointing to this new battalion's leader. "Seems to just be observing, but I suspect he'll move to counter if we appear."

Anastasia

"...almost like a challenge," Antenora murmurs, gaze intent on the fallen solar.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Or simply a reserve, we've made our posture clear that we're planning on intervening if another party joins the war. I hadn't expected Zaaman Rul to directly call for aid... though yes it's possible someone else did anticipate that," Alicia hums. If she fights a solar she'll do better than the last time though. Especially since it's a fallen one.

Anastasia

"Maybe, but I don't think so." Antenora says, "I may be reading too much into it, but this reserve feels meaningful."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Time will tell," is all Alicia can say to that.

Anastasia

Ah, you can see it. The pyroclastic dragons are heading right Seira's way now, diverting towards her.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"They'll keep her tangled up with the primal elementals and those dragons and give the bulk of the army a chance to move past her and properly engage Zaaman Rul's forces. Once the defenders are tangled up it'll be a lot harder for Seira to wipe out the opposition ranks," Alicia commentates on the action should anyone be interested in her perspective.

Anastasia

"I agree - I don't think Seira's magic is selective, is it? Though if it can be, they'll get a nasty surprise," Syala remarks.

Antenora meanwhile keeps her focus on Dustfire's forces, silent.

Latha goes to her, "You can't save them by glaring a hole into their illusory heads," she murmurs to Antenora, who shakes her head. No reply, at least not a verbal reply.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I'm not sure but her deployment suggests it isn't," Alicia answers Syala.

Anastasia

"It'll be tight," Syala murmurs as the dragons advance. You can see the battle is raging, more reinforcements coming. A vast tribe of goblins, each burning with fire, comes within and hurries on, along with wolves of flame. With them stalk great bezekira, like hunters going forth to take prey.

You can notice that the western side is being assailed particularly hard right now, though it's holding for the moment.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Unless they're called for there's not much to do except watch really, and little to say that anyone here can't plainly see.

Anastasia

Will you interfere, Alicia Reynes?

As you watch, the voice of Imix crackles and hisses within your mind.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

If my help is asked for it will be given. Will that dissuade you?