News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Victorious advance

Started by Anastasia, March 25, 2019, 01:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Supreme init, Alicia wins unless there's another supreme init having god hiding here.

Anastasia

Nope, and since you're not fighting with Syala or Antenora - they're off doing what you asked them - go ahead and act.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Wanting to keep her powerful magic and best tricks in reserve for Imix or anyone else on that level to yet be surprised by, Alicia uses a lightning leap to crackle over and above the defenders so as to get into the midst of the dao and their minions before her sword slashes out all around her with pin-point precision to slash and skewer everyone she deems unworthy within range, powerful winds kicked up and steel flashing amidst the glow of Fire.

Using the lightning leap for movement rather than hitting anyone.

Whirlwind attack with a channeled maximised vampiric touch.

[19:39] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+74 whirlwind attack, colossal reach
[19:39] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 87 > [d20=13]
[19:39] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+39 vampiric touch SR
[19:39] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 40 > [d20=1]
[19:40] <@Ebiris> roll 6d6+49+6d6 and 1 negative level, assuming all are evil
[19:41] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 88 > [d6=3,3,6,1,1,1,3,3,4,4,6,4]
[19:41] <@Ebiris> roll 2d6 damage for evil outsiders
[19:41] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 10 > [d6=6,4]

60 damage for anyone that failed SR on the vampiric touch.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 915+60/915
Active spells: Many moments of prescience (CL 33), extended mind blank (CL 33), extended nondetection (CL 33), sensual blessing (CL 33), epic mage armour (CL 33), recitation (CL 33), greater heroism (CL 33), repelling shield (CL 33), spell turning (CL 33), dance of the unicorn (CL 33), foresight (CL 33), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 33), opal protection (CL 33), celestial valor (CL 33), greater anticipate teleportation (CL 33)
Defences: AC 95, CMD 122 (139 vs grapple), spell resistance 48, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear, dazzled & blinded), nondetection (DC 48)
Stat buffs/penalties: +25 competence perception, doubled crit range, +10 armour AC, +3 luck attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +4 attack/saves/skills, +2 insight AC/reflex, +3 morale armour, +4 sacred attack/damage/ac/saves, +32 str, -4 dex, +16 con, +14 natural armour AC, -8 size attack/AC
Perceptions: Darkvision, tremorsense, blindsight 2 miles, scent, arcane sight, perception +83
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/14/9/9/14/7/7/7/7/5/3/6/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/22/22/10/7/6

Anastasia

Thus you land in - and the dao part around you, defenders relieved in that instant. Your blade scythes through man, clearing a space around you.

Cries of alarm, cries of fury. What follows is frantic - fireballs and power, raw flames thrown at you like an inferno.

Are you immune to fire right now?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Yes, via divinity and spell.

Anastasia

Yet the flames are meaningless to you, merely the reaction of soldiers seeing a new enemy. Yet as the flames engulf you, that is not all. Stones rain down, a barrage of them, hard and sharp. They come down all around, dozens of little eruptions of them forming a true rain of them on you.

Ref save.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[20:25] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+60 ref
[20:25] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 74 > [d20=14]

Anastasia

> roll 20d8 DR applies
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 82 > [d8=4,2,5,6,8,3,7,6,6,1,1,4,3,1,3,5,5,5,3,4]

So halved and DR applies. Let me know how much damage gets through?

The rain of stones lands hard around you - and you see you've brought the broken line a moment, more portals opening. Reinforcements are advancing at your effort, attempting to flank the vanguard against you. You can see Syala and Antenora leading the attack south in the meantime as...

Next move will depend on how damage you took, if any, so waiting on that. Have some description in the meantime.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

26 damage taken, didn't get through my temp hp.

Alicia: 915+34/915
Active spells: Many moments of prescience (CL 33), extended mind blank (CL 33), extended nondetection (CL 33), sensual blessing (CL 33), epic mage armour (CL 33), recitation (CL 33), greater heroism (CL 33), repelling shield (CL 33), spell turning (CL 33), dance of the unicorn (CL 33), foresight (CL 33), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 33), opal protection (CL 33), celestial valor (CL 33), greater anticipate teleportation (CL 33)
Defences: AC 95, CMD 122 (139 vs grapple), spell resistance 48, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear, dazzled & blinded), nondetection (DC 48)
Stat buffs/penalties: +25 competence perception, doubled crit range, +10 armour AC, +3 luck attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +4 attack/saves/skills, +2 insight AC/reflex, +3 morale armour, +4 sacred attack/damage/ac/saves, +32 str, -4 dex, +16 con, +14 natural armour AC, -8 size attack/AC
Perceptions: Darkvision, tremorsense, blindsight 2 miles, scent, arcane sight, perception +83
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/14/9/9/14/7/7/7/7/5/3/6/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/22/22/10/7/6

Anastasia

You can see it - more and more turning to you, the defenders getting the chance they need. Yet you can also feel the earth quivering beneath you, the flaming ground shaking every moment. You can feel it, becoming more hollow by the moment.

Yet as you seen unhurt, more and more focus on you, some falling back, a few dropping arm sand running, thrills of panic erupting out as...

Go.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Meanwhile words boom across the battlefield.

Let it be known far and wide! The brave and gallant Imix responded to my challenge of facing me after I crushed his army by shooting at me from extreme range. Sadly, it wasn't very effective, but at least his words are very strong! Truly, a bonfire of boundless courage burns within Imix's noble soul! A shame that Imix considers those serving him as sacrifices, but I suppose they've chosen their fate by following such a worthy leader?

Then a few moments later?

Let it be heard that a coward mewls from her hiding place, unable to do anything but talk. A few tinders are thrown and she thinks herself powerful, when she is nothing but a victim of her own arrogance.

Forward, today is the day we burn them all.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Does arcane sight or 2 mile tremorsense help me pinpoint the source of that shaking/excavating?

Anastasia

It's below and you're pretty sure it's lower than you can sense - deep, deep in the burning ground.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Well it sounds like Seira and Imix are having fun at least. Unfortunately Alicia's presented with a problem she can't easily solve here, though it should be easy for Zaaman Rul since it's his divine realm.

She lets him know. Something deeper than two miles underground below me is hollowing out your realm, Zaaman Rul.

Hopefully he can fix that as Alicia takes a bit more time to kill dao and their friends since they haven't gone away, another crackle of lightning as she crosses the battlefield to find a tighter formation she can decimate.

Quickened lightning leap then whirlwind attack.

[18:11] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+35 lightning leap SR
[18:11] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 44 > [d20=9]
[18:11] <@Ebiris> roll 15d6 lightning leap damage
[18:11] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 55 > [d6=1,5,5,6,5,1,3,1,4,4,6,4,3,2,5]

DC 30 ref half.

[18:12] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+50 whirlwind attack, -24pa
[18:12] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 63 > [d20=13]
[18:12] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+39 vampiric touch SR
[18:12] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 54 > [d20=15]
[18:13] <@Ebiris> roll 6d6+97+6d6 and 1 negative level assuming all are evil
[18:13] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 142 > [d6=1,1,6,1,6,6,6,6,1,1,6,4]
[18:13] <@Ebiris> roll 2d6 damage for evil outsiders
[18:13] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 7 > [d6=4,3]

And 60 damage for anyone that failed SR on the vampiric touch.

Alicia: 915+60/915
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/14/9/9/14/6/7/7/7/5/3/6/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/22/22/10/8/6

Anastasia

Thank you, I am aware. I had extensive defenses below, but whatever this is cut through them. Dao trickery, above and beyond what even I expected, and the Sultan of the Efreet and I are locked in a battle of divine wills over it.

Seira baits and tries to engage Imix. Can you go below after you secure this position and try and find the Sultan? A mere distraction may well be enough for me to take control of this situation, otherwise our position becomes increasingly perilous. Our entire strategy is imperiled should the Sultan be left unchecked.

> roll 1d20+20
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 26 > [d20=6]

Your slice clears another small cluster of the battlefield. As dao are cut down, as surely as Seira's magic or Imix's strikes, you...

Go ahead and reply real quick while I work out the bad guy's turn in response to this.

<Afina> Forever.