News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

A world's support

Started by Anastasia, May 03, 2019, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"Are you all familiar with genius loci?" He asks aloud. "That's what this seems to be, but... I still have other questions now... like whether the people who attacked the others were even real."

Would he know if they're normally contained in a sphere like this one is, or did someone 'capture' this one?

Anastasia

If genius loci are contained in a sphere, you mean?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Anastasia

You believe that's the natural form for them.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"We can find the details out later, but I think this was found by someone there." Moore says. "It's entirely possible it visited Limbo on its way or was recovered from there. Either way, we will have to have a long conversation with the diplomats to explain what happened."

Moore frowns and looks over at The Grim Fiend. "I imagine the answers about 'what' happened lie in that book, though I'm loathe to read it."

Anastasia

The light of Chronias shines, including through the genius loci. It floats there, unmoving.

"I think all we need to know was seen," Xandra says, "But others may be able to ward themselves against possible danger and read it. Donate it, and should they feel it best be destroyed, than so be it."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I'm warded myself, so let me try." Moore says as he goes to open the book, trying to mentally prepare for the same effect that tried to fear them earlier!

Anastasia

The book looks to be a collection of assorted stories and rantings about Aesmadeva, the Grim Fiend. By and large those who speak these stories are madmen, minds shattered by what they have seen. At least on a glance, you could take time to read deeper if you wish.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I think I found the source of the fear." Moore says.

He looks through the book to see if he can find a story about a solar heralding the coming of Aesmadeva.

Anastasia

There is indeed a story of 'the seven winged one' proclaiming the arrival of Aesmadeva. From the reading of it, you believe it is likely a fallen solar in the service of the Lord of the Seventh, perhaps Nemiel, one of the Lord of the Seventh's heralds.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"There it is." Moore says as he taps a page. "I think somehow this loci absorbed this book and started to show the people living there images."

Anastasia

Here Cresiel merely nods, "Then mere illusions and desires to be," he says gruffly. "Nothing more."

"Nothing more," Jetina says agreeably, "It's nice that it wasn't something horrifying for once. If only Orcus had been the same."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"As far as I'm concerned, I don't know quite what to do with this." Moore says. "It's a living creature, but it can't decide for itself what to do yet. Maybe just letting it bask in the Light here will help influence it?"

Anastasia

"Infinitely better than that book," Kaja agrees, "Ah, do we have a more suitable book for it to absorb?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I'm sure I could find something." Moore says. "Maybe a book on choices? Ultimately, my hope is that it will decide for itself what it wants to be."