News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

A world's support

Started by Anastasia, May 03, 2019, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"If it's trying to do that," Xandra remarks, "It's previous efforts were disastrous."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"One of those slime-amalgamations said something like it wanted to understand why Lifasa fell." Moore says. "I think... when we stepped into that hallway it had a piece of all of us, in addition to this book. I think in a controlled environment it should be fine."

Anastasia

"I hope so," Xandra agrees. "For now..."

Just going to put the loci aside for now?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Yes, we will find some good books for it to read while and for the most part be on hand for any further shenanigans today.

Anastasia

Sure, gimme a quick d100.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 79, total 79[/blockquote]

Anastasia

For the moment at least, you have peace and quiet. No mission immediately, so you...

You have at least a little time to rest or do something at home before the next one, looks like. Alternately you can just wait for the next mission.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

We will just rest in that case. No need to over exert.

Anastasia

You rest. Long minutes pass of nothing happening, until Kaja speaks up. "Do you think the storm's passing?" he speaks aloud.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"No." Moore says. "I think we're capable of making too much of an impact for us to not get involved. It's just too great a battle."

Anastasia

Jetina goes to sit on the sands again, resting while she can. "I think so too, but maybe our role in is done? ... No, I don't think so, either."

As you all talk Wood trots up, coming over and lying next to you.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore offers Jetina a smile as he pats Wood's head. "It's a good thing to be needed, regardless. It's also a good thing that we aren't needed so much so that we don't have time to relax."

Anastasia

Wood gets petted.

"That is good," Cresiel says, "I will not rest if I do not need to, but I know other creatures are not so determined."

"Rest is good when you need it," Jetina agrees, "What do you think the next problem will be?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Do you mean beyond the war?" Moore asks. "Good question. Shar will likely make her move at some point soon, perhaps even during the current conflict. To liberate every slave in Fire would be a massive blow to her strength and domain over hopelessness."

Anastasia

"Only for all those beaten efreet to take their place," Kaja growls. After a sharp look from Xandra, "I mean in hopelessness. Losing a war is never pretty on the losing side, let alone when they're determined spirits like the efreet.  I doubt they'll throw flowers in the streets of the City of Brass should our armies march there in triumph."

"No." It's Jetina who says that, "That's the sort of fool's thing Shar wants you to think.' Her voice has a bit of fire to it now. "Where's your hope?"

"Standing side by side with the worst, as I hope for the best," Kaja retorts, "I hope, but I also understand what may be if my hopes aren't fulfilled. A man with only hope is a fool."
<Afina> Forever.