News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

IRC bonus scenes

Started by Anastasia, August 09, 2019, 10:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

These scenes are canon, but are purely fluff that serves a particular purpose. Namely, the point is to get into the head of the characters and simply let them flow. It's practice and clarification, a little time given to them to let their personalities stretch out.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

> Ysgard is rarely peaceful - but Miranda's cabin is isolated. It's quiet here, the middle of the night. Dana and Benyen are asleep, leaving you to your own devices.  You look out the window - and notice Miranda heading outside, wearing a dress of ice blue, delicate and almost ethereal, like the dreams of winter woven into cloth. In the night sky the moon is heavy and full, providing light to see as Miranda goes and stands at the edge of the cliff, looking upward.
<Yuthirin> Calleigh is face down in a bowl of half-gnawed fruit, snoring. Tryll sets aside Filaurel and heads through the wall to investigate Miranda's actions because why not?
> As you float on out, Miranda begins to sing. It's celestial - she has a good voice but no training. A gifted amateur perhaps. She sings of battle and bloodshed, quite listenable but hardly comparing to someone like Ebony or Moore.  She sings perhaps a minute, trailing off and going to sit at the cliff, legs dangling over the edge.
<Yuthirin> Tryll floats up silently beside her, 'Is this a nightly ritual I've somehow missed, or is today special?'
> "Yes." Miranda answers, "I'm a valkyrie of ice." she explains, looking up to the moon above. "When I'm troubled and battle cannot solve it, I seek the solitude of the mountains, where ice grows forever."
<Yuthirin> 'What troubles you?'
> "Our path," Miranda says, "Not our goal or our deeds, but the exceptional challenges we now face." WIth a face awash in moonlight, "To wander as a beautiful maiden of ice, like a dream glimpsed from afar amid the eternal ice? It calms me. Even if none will see me."
<Yuthirin> There is a jostling of tendrils, much like a shrug. 'I suppose I can understand that. We face heavy odds and have our work cut out for us. I can understand the appeal of wanting, even for a few moments, to be free of it.'
<Yuthirin> 'Unless you want to be free of it entirely?'
> "...No." Miranda says after a moment. "I am not a coward. My strength comes from battle, I will fight."
<Yuthirin> 'Bowing out before such adversity is not cowardice. Most would call it sanity.'
> "They are not valkyrie," Miranda retorts, "They are not born to war and battle."
<Yuthirin> 'Fair. So how are you holding up then?'
> "As well as can be with my life changed and my purpose the highest imaginable," Miranda replies, "Nothing seems idle now, after lifetimes of battle and war leadingto this."
<Yuthirin> 'While it may not seem like it, time off is even more precious now. Do not be afraid to ask for it if you need it, or a shopping trip somewhere if you so desire. You're a part of the team and we don't exclude anyone. Hmm. Actually. That reminds me of something.'
> "Yes?" Miranda asks, "What does it remind you of?"
<Yuthirin> 'Something I heard mention of once on the Aurora. Did you know that one of their number was on friendly terms with one of the sons of Jormungandr?'
> "I did not," Miranda says, "He must be a brave, daring soul to manage that. Sons of Jormugandr are great warriors and greater beasts." A smile comes to her lips, "I would like to meet him."
<Yuthirin> 'The serpent or the man?'
> "The man," Miranda says, "A champion like that is worthy of a valkyrie's attention."
<Yuthirin> 'Don't get too excited. He's dating a lillend, if I recall correctly.'
> "Bah," Miranda waves it off, "I did not mean it as that. I meant it as a warrior to guide and support."
<Yuthirin> 'Oh. I believe he retired from adventuring, actually. Got himself abducted by Asmodeus and spent some time in his care. Didn't agree with him.'
> Silence at that, Miranda hanging her head. Then she smiles, "At least he is free. Though that...has rather soured the mood. A champion lik ethat deserves better." Miranda rises now, "My blade is strong, my arrows are truth and I do not bow to fear. The battlefields ahead are what I need, even when I think otherwise."
<Yuthirin> 'Well, I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of it. I just wanted you to know your options. I'm glad to have you.'
> A brisk nod at that, "Then we'll find the truth in battle, together."
<Yuthirin> 'Of course. Battle will be upon us soon, no matter what we choose to do. I have a book to master, though.'
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?