News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Date night

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"That looks ominous, who delivered it?" Alicia asks, holding out a hand to take it.

Anastasia

"It appeared in a flare of fire outside of Sylica's border, visibly so," Jessica explains, the scroll crackling with fire in your hand.

The mere touch of it and you feel hatred, fury, disgust, contempt. A toxic stew of emotions, bubbling up like bile up your throat.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"Ahh, I think I know where this came from," Alicia says flatly, steeling herself as she unfurls the scroll to read whatever invective it contains.

Anastasia

It reads as follows: Come. I await you, creature of dust and clay.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Oh, she was wrong. She thought that was Imix but actually it was Eblis, no one else uses that turn of phrase. "Eblis wants to see me. I'd better fetch Antenora too then - hold down the fort here until I get back?" she asks Jessica.

Anastasia

"I will, sister," Jessica promises, as...

Any prep?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Anty can recast Opal Protection and we'll get Latha and Marie to recast Celestial Valor and Epic Mage Armour on us, same loadout as when we went to Fire earlier.

Opal protection from Anty
Celestial valor from Latha
Epic mage armour from Marie

Following from Alicia:
Recitation (CL 33): +3 luck attack/saves
Greater heroism (CL 33): +4 morale attack/saves/skills, +20 temp hp
Spell turning (CL 33): 1d4+6 spell levels reflected
Ghost touch weapon (CL 33): Weapon gains ghost touch property
Vision of the omniscient eye (CL 33): +10 insight to perception, immunity to blindness/dazzled
Freedom of movement (CL 33): +15 CMD vs grapple, move freely despite impediments

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 651+20/651
Active spells: Many moments of prescience (CL 33), extended mind blank (CL 33), extended nondetection (CL 33), sensual blessing (CL 33), epic mage armour (CL 33), recitation (CL 33), greater heroism (CL 33), repelling shield (CL 33), spell turning (CL 33), dance of the unicorn (CL 33), foresight (CL 33), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 33), opal protection (CL 33), celestial valor (CL 33)
Defences: AC 91, CMD 100 (117 vs grapple), spell resistance 48, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear, dazzled & blinded), nondetection (DC 48)
Stat buffs/penalties: +25 competence perception, doubled crit range, +10 armour AC, +3 luck attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +4 attack/saves/skills, +2 insight AC/reflex, +3 morale armour, +4 sacred attack/damage/ac/saves
Perceptions: Darkvision, tremorsense, blindsight 2 miles, scent, arcane sight, perception +83
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/14/9/9/15/8/5/7/7/5/3/6/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/22/22/11/7/6

Anastasia

You and Antenora or is Latha coming too, or merely providing spell support?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Latha's just casting a spell before we go, this is Alicia and Antenora alone.

Anastasia

And thus the two of you are ready, Antenora at your side.

"Together," Antenora vows to you, "I'm ready when you are."

[spoiler]

Antenora
HP: 768+20/768
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Protective 20ft (+4 deflection/+4 resistance vs evil) Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear)
Bonuses: Attack+11 (+3 luck, +4 sacred, +4 morale), Damage+4 (+4 sacred) AC+7 (+3 morale, +4 sacred), Saves+11 (+3 luck, +4 morale, +4 sacred), Skills+4 (+14 Perception)(+4 morale), Checks+0 2d6 holy
Resources: Holy Fury 36/36 (enc) Divine Retribution 1/1 Smite Evil 7/7 Channel Energy 17/17 Lay On Hands 448/448 Remove Disease 9/9 (week), Spiritual Connection 3/3 Blinding Speed 25/25
Spells Used: Opal Protection
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Opal Protection (CL33), Celestial Valor (CL33), Epic Mage Armor (CL33), Recitation (CL33), Greater Heroism(CL33), Spell Turning (CL33), Ghost Touch Weapon (CL33), Vision of the Omniscient Eye (CL33), Freedom of Movement (CL33)
Notes: Can always inflict nonlethal with attacks, spells, SLAs and abilities.
Smite Notes: +2 damage/paladin level on a charging smite. Each point of favored PA on charge is worth 9 points of damage, post charge multiplier (15 on crit).
Typical Charging Smite Baseline: 3d8+480 plus +4/+4d6 vs fiends plus 2d6 holy plus 2d6 axiomatic 19-20 x3 (base charging smite bonus damage is 64+64=128, includes favored enemy bonus)
Remember everything triples and x5 on a crit when adding things.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I hope that this means something and we won't simply be goaded," Alicia says, still holding the invitation scroll as she opens a gate to the edge of Eblis's realm, where they went the first time they visited, and walks through.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 651+20/651
Active spells: Many moments of prescience (CL 33), extended mind blank (CL 33), extended nondetection (CL 33), sensual blessing (CL 33), epic mage armour (CL 33), recitation (CL 33), greater heroism (CL 33), repelling shield (CL 33), spell turning (CL 33), dance of the unicorn (CL 33), foresight (CL 33), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 33), opal protection (CL 33), celestial valor (CL 33)
Defences: AC 91, CMD 100 (117 vs grapple), spell resistance 48, energy immunity (fire and cold), status immunity (polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear, dazzled & blinded), nondetection (DC 48)
Stat buffs/penalties: +25 competence perception, doubled crit range, +10 armour AC, +3 luck attack/saves, +9 shield AC, +4 attack/saves/skills, +2 insight AC/reflex, +3 morale armour, +4 sacred attack/damage/ac/saves
Perceptions: Darkvision, tremorsense, blindsight 2 miles, scent, arcane sight, perception +83
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/14/9/9/15/8/5/5/7/6/6/6/4
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/22/22/11/7/6

Anastasia

"So do I," Antenora seconds. Before you is the edge of Eblis's realm, where flames burn. Yet a path already awaits you, a clearing. An invitation, no doubt.

Antenora wastes no time, striding forward.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia follows, matching stride with Antenora.

Anastasia

The heat is overwhelming.

The hate is worse.

The skies weep bitter tears of poison and flame, raining down fruitlessly on the endless inferno here.

You walk. In the distance a great tower can be seen, but before it? Eblis looms. He is gigantic, standing and waiting for you.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

What should she take from him not showing off his collection of tortured souls here? Has he learned to feel ashamed of them? Is it a subtle de-escalation?

Well if so why'd he still call her a creature of dust and clay?

Either way, they advance until they're within speaking range, Alicia remaining human sized even if she could match Eblis's stature easily. She won't because Antenora will be left out.

Though it would give her something to talk about with Marie later...

"I got your note," she speaks up, holding the once again furled flaming scroll up.