News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Game time

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

As others experience at the same time, a war is a busy enterprise. You are occupied with it and a dozen other tasks, but come evening time Amaryl insists on a break. A quiet balcony that's yours alone overlooking much of the lower levels of the Cauldron. A plate of snacks is shared between you as Amaryl takes it in.

"Even now," Amaryl says, "A single leaf that has fallen is amazed that the ground is as it is when it was but a seed. After such a battle, I almost believe even the Cauldron itself will be different."

As Amaryl ruminates, it is something else that gets your attention. Ranbar approaches, carrying a box. Her face is a perfect study of restrained nervousness, you note.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

For my reference:

1. Node stuff
2. Visit Primus
3. Visit Io
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"That we would stand with our friends and allies was a foregone conclusions, but that we can meet parallel commitments of that strength and send them packing is bound to make waves," Seira agrees with Amaryl, before waiting for Ranbar to approach as she waits with an encouraging smile on her lips.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"It reminds them we are not babes anymore - divine children, perhaps," Amaryl ventures, but leaves it at that.

Ranbar approaches, "Ah, Seira?" she asks. "My Lady?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

Amaryl smiles as Ranbar fidgets a moment. "Do you want to play Ierriil?"

To forestall the obvious and easy knowledge check for you...

Ierriil is a game played by some residents of Air, primarily djinn and smarter elementals. It consists of five boards stacked atop each other and is similar to chess, but in three dimensions and with added rules for wind currents. It's natural for natives of Air to understand it, though it's an extremely complex game for others to learn, let alone master. The goal is either control four of the five boards or eliminate your opponent's Gale Princes, of which each player has 3 of.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Sure!"

It might've been an issue if Seira were restricted to a single body, but ever since her avatar emerged into the world she's always found time for fun and to mingle with her people!

Anastasia

Ranbar immediately gets to it as Amaryl sits back and watches, the table expanding with a faint tickle of her divine will.

As Ranbar sets up the boards, "I know you're so intelligent, but I...I wondered if you even had to maintain it, to work your mind like we have to. I play this to keep my mind sharp and to think in many different ways at once."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Honestly, no," Seira admits, arranging for light snacks and some refreshments for them. "I keep it sharp through spell research and other pursuits. The games are something I do for fun to avoid losing touch with mortals, however, which is just as important."

Anastasia

Amaryl watches as its done, adding after, "It's...easy to do that," she says, "We look mortal, we may act mortal, but we aren't. Certain other deities have lost that almost entirely, or never had it to begin with. Kossuth is one, as are all the elemental lords. They exist for what they are, first and foremost."

Once finished Ranbar sets up the pieces, "Zaaman Rul seemed like a victorious king, content to bestow gratitude and rewards on his subjects. I..." A moment's hesitation, "I found myself wondering if that was him or merely another face. If any of what I've seen isn't a face, My Lady. And I just...how do get you to know the divine, something that is so much more than I am?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira allows Ranbar to make the first move, telling her in the meantime, "At least for myself, it's both. I keep my ideals, my thought processes... pretty much everything from my mortal days. I haven't changed my perception or way of thinking upon ascension, but rather acquired another point of view. It might be far stronger in some ways, and feel truer to the reality of Creation in others still, but maintaining a dialogue between them is what I've found works best for me. That, and clinging to some habits from my mortal life. During that fight with Imix, I wasn't in any actual danger of death, merely a setback, but I went into it as if it was all or nothing."

Anastasia

"The way Donald was hurt, it was all or nothing," Amaryl points out, "How he's still alive I'll never understand." Darkening at that, "If that had gone a little worse, I fear what would've happened. Yet we won. We protected our allies in Fire, Seira." Her expression softens into happiness, as - !

You feel it, a connection to Amaryl, growing stronger and tighter yet.

Node update. You can choose if you or Amaryl gets this ability.

Champion of Fire (Ex)

Good aligned creatures of Fire instinctively recognize you are one of their defenders. This grants you a +4 bonus on Charisma based checks against them.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Let's go with Amaryl.

"I'm already working on magic to stop Imix's spells flat for our next bout, and we're going to take the fight to him soon," Seira states.

Anastasia

Node updated then.

"We're going to need to," Amaryl says, "I have to imagine he's preparing the same for your tactics."

Meanwhile Ranbar watches quietly, "You can defeat him, Seira," she says quietly, but with conviction. "That of I have no doubt of, even if it's hard."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I just got too fancy," Seira admits. "That, and I wished to remove that army given it was an actual invasion. I even kept reminding myself to keep it simple, but an elaborate plan was so elegant I had to try it first. Then the bastard ran off!" She snorts, past her anger by now. "Imix is the only real threat, and know how to handle his ridiculous magic now."