News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Game time

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The ring was made by shadows. Hateful shadows, looming shadows amid an endless wealth of shadows. It is not spoken of, it is only whispered of in the darkest words. It is made to hide and kill, to spread hate and misery for the sake of it.

To purify it, it would need to be used to protect lives and ensure life prospers.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"We can certainly do something with that," Seira says, reaching out to tap the ring. The touch channels goldenfire into the ring, and it begins to shine brightly, its onyx segments bleached away. "When the wearer rescues innocent life from the grasp of shadows, this signet ring will be reforged in their determination."

For the duration of the quest, the +20 competence bonus to Stealth is flipped to a -20 penalty to Stealth.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Thus the ring obeys your will, so charged to be possibly changed. Goldenfire crackles around it and sinks in, leaving a golden sheen that only slowly fades away.

"Oh," Emily murmurs, "That should be powerful if it's completed."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"And happily, it's very straight-forward," Seira agrees. "The abyssal armor, now. What are your goals for it? Is Alyssa thinking only of selling it, or is there interest in using the armor that is held at bay due to its construction?"

Anastasia

"The money," Emily admits, "We want it out of circulation or purified, but primarily we need the gold." Here she shakes her head, "As long as it's taken care of one way or another, I'm fine with it, Mom."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"One option is bringing it back with you when we go fix the curse on the Nine Stars," Seira offers. "Elle could reforge it into something nice, and then you'll be able to sell it without worry." She produces a signet ring of the Hamawi family. "Alternately, you might use this to call the Hamawi out. It'll serve as definite proof that you're both their enemies and have their things. I'm not going to purify something that won't see use, since the quest is tailored towards the recipient, so that option's out. Your call."

Hamawi Ring: A signet ring of the Hamawi family. Grants a permanent protection from chaos and protection from good spell, CL10th.

Anastasia

"Mmm."

A long, considering pause by Emily, "Is this a test, Mom?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira shakes her head. "Sometimes, a choice between several options is just a choice. If someone does want to use the gauntlets, for example, and not the armor itself, another option is opened. If you need a few minutes to decide, I'll be over here."

After giving Emily the chance to decide, Seira picks up the ebony skull lying near the armor and frowns at it.

Anastasia

Emily slips out and returns a few minutes later, "I think the money'll be best," Emily says once she's back, "This will help up and we can focus less on it in the future with that extra gold."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira pockets the Hamawi signet ring and nods. "Grab it, then. In the meantime...."

She exerts her divine will on the creepy skull in her hand, and it melts like candle wax in a blaze. At a gesture, the structure adjusts, growing larger and hollowing out, until a draconic helm rests within her grasp. It looks too plain, however, and with a thought the helm acquires a coloration matching Blaze. "This is the test, Emily. It's up to you whether you embark upon it, but think carefully about it first."

The Darkskull has been changed into a dragon-themed helm. The first person to wear it will suffer from spell failure 35% for both divine and arcane spells until exemplifying a tenant of Seira's faith through her actions, at which point the spell failure will end and the helm will provide a permanent Hallow effect. On top of that, the user could activate Death Ward, Freedom of Movement and Remove Fear 1/day each within the Hallow effect.

Anyone studying the helm will only gain an understanding of the quest and the 'win' condition, not any of the rewards, and the understanding that removing the helm before fulfilling the quest would result in the permanent failure of said quest.

Anastasia

Alrighty then, looks good. Got anything else here or good to go back? If so, next move?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

The plan is to take the armor and the Nine Stars to the Cauldron with Emily. There she'll wait until Sanzha has a chance to bleed on the opals, and Elle a chance to reforge the armor into something non-shitty.

For my part, I'll go meet Primus!

Anastasia

Sure thing. One quick question: Are you bringing Oraga or dropping him back off?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Not for this. I'm going alone.

Anastasia

The Rigid Hall looms endlessly on a gear so vast as to be an entire world. A hall of perfect metal and gears, not the slightest thing out of alignment. You take it all in, the music of the gears a symphony of noises here that washes over you, as you arrive outside.
<Afina> Forever.