News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Game time

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Let's say that they are events that changed the planar status quo, or would have had they become known, while being a real surprise for anyone in the know. Liberation of Androlynne, fiendish invasion of Lifasa, Benfal's ascension to Elysium, Lifasa's liberation and the defeat of the Duke of Destiny, the Abolition War, Eblis's remorse, Torm's fall, Zariel's fall and rise, the destruction of the nameless deity in the Fairest Star debacle (and said debacle in the first place), Io's return, the Nodes and Oberuth being chosen by Syllan, the First Vampire crusade that already got several second generation vamps killed....
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

You begin to look towards that and you slowly discern an important trend.

There's a 'core' of normality to the prophecy. It covers the most common things of course, a base for lack of a better phrase. Yet that's far from everything in Creation, and in time it begins to account for less and less likely scenarios. Things such as overthrows of evil regimes or good ones, the fall of worlds, the defeat of prominent figures, planar wars and more. You haven't found everything yet, and at times things are only insinuations backed and supported logically as you explore the Prophecy, but one thing seems to be in common.

If it can happen in Creation through normal processes, you get the feeling it's accounted for in some way.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Then the Beyond is the key, and Seira focuses on that next. Antenora, Eblis and that devil flunky of his who became One, Io and Sylian who not only became One but chose champions of their own and empowered them with inspiration from Beyond, the Arbiter who might not be one of the three founding Incarnations but a visitor from outside Creation, Pale Night and her own champion and Seira's long-term pal, Zguujaj....

Anastasia

As you start to?

"Seira," Donald ducks in, "Are you ready for that meeting?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Sure thing," Seira agrees. "Kascha, can you entertain Istishia's avatar or delegation when they arrive?"

For her part, she decides to freshen up quickly and asks Amaryl to greet the arrivals, intending to join them just as pleasantries have been exchanged.

Anastasia

You find your two guests already waiting in comfort, the two in a deep conversation. Zaaman Rul is there...and so is an avatar of Barachiel.

"Seira," Zaaman Rul rises, coming forth. He comes to you...and pulls you into a hug, lifting you off the ground. "You're well," he says, "Everything smiles on our war for such a victory to follow our last victory."

Barachiel's own expression is calm, "Were nothing else to happen, we have still tilted the balance of Fire in our favor."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Thank you for coming, my friends," Seira greets the pair happily. "I too agree that the balance of Fire has already shifted, and wondering whether it might have shifted enough resulted in this impromptu conference. Allow me to sum up our situation."

She nods at Zaaman Rul, saying, "Your power is ascendant on Fire, while Imix was shamed and forced into a retreat during an assault he put much of his political capital into. Eblis has abandoned the enemy's side, returning home. Kossuth has watched these events, and allowed them to pass without intervention. To that, we might add that Asmodeus has yet to act in Fire's favor, perhaps waiting for Akil bin Faheem to betray the Sultan and back him when he seizes power. Water has remained silent, while events on Earth are going our way." She pauses briefly, before adding, "The following information is secret at this time, but our elemental allies on Earth and the Xorn are aided by both Princess Chan and Yan-C-Bin, and Alicia has decided to direct Sylica's resources towards that front. I don't expect help to come from the Dao again to their allies on Fire, not after their disastrous attempt in support of the Sultan."

There is the temptation to turn it into an inspirational speech, but Seira tempers herself and merely asks out loud, "What if conditions on the ground are enough for the Grand Sultan to abolish slavery throughout the efreet empire?"

Anastasia

"If we could get him to agree to it and trust him? I would be willing to accept that," Barachiel says, "If such a thing can be done, and I doubt the Great Sultan will accept it even now."

Zaaman Rul considers those words, "Not lightly, but perhaps with a proper boot to the throat and blade to the heart. He may be powerful, but his position has become abruptly vulnerable."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"My analysis from the outbreak of hostilities suggests that Water staying neutral hurt us more than the enemy," Seira voices. "Do you concur?"

Not waiting for the answer, she goes on to say, "It was my failure in convincing Istishia to allow Water's powers to follow their conscience, but what if we were to present an added incentive at this point? My analysis also believes that Water will act when Istishia judges it most beneficial to Water's interests."

Anastasia

"We've come to the same conclusion in our own councils," Barachiel concurs, "We've discussed it and made efforts, but the Water Lord has rebuffed all attempts thus far. Do you have a gambit now?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I asked Istishia to come over for negotiations," Seira responds. "Once we formulate a strategy, I hope we can make an offer that sees Water benefit from joining the fight on our side. Then, the Sultan will be faced with three grand losses in quick succession, and Akil with his devil allies ready to stab him in the back. Since few efreet deserve to die as badly as Akil does, I intend to force a duel with him and kill him, and the Sultan gets the breathing space he needs to maintain control of the empire for a while longer. No complicated gambits this time around. An offer to Istishia, and a follow-up offer to the Sultan, the latter delivered with the backing of overwhelming fire. Let's force a choice out of him, to either accede to our wishes on the matter of slavery or formally align with the Hells. Everyone's been holding their collective breath on that, and I suspect none more than the Sultan because he knows he has lost once he'd brought them in."

Anastasia

"Then do it," Zaaman Rul agrees, "If you can properly barter it out of Istishia."

Barachiel merely says, "Then a third setback to finish this," he agrees, "A third may indeed be decisive or force a decision. I agree - try. If the Water Lord will support you in this, all the better."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"What would you be comfortable offering Water for their aid?" Seira inquires. "I think we should be direct and open about this negotiation, and my realm is still new by planar standards. My promises alone may not be sufficient in securing Istishia's agreement."

Anastasia

"I have a great deal of authority here," Barachiel continues, "Zaphkiel has given me great latitude to act, as long as it is within Celestia's interests. As long as it is morally clear and does not compromise Celestia's mission, I can offer almost anything."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"In that case, let's have that chat," Seira voices. She glances at Zaaman Rul, saying, "Due to your natures, I presume you would prefer to stay out of this part?"

I'd like us to talk to Istishia, who I presume either is here or sent a representative.