Crystal hunt

Started by Anastasia, June 14, 2019, 12:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Going to go on back with him, then?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

I'll take him to Lifasa, yeah.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Miranda'll return home for obvious reasons.

Thus you return to Lifasa, over the oceans. Thorajin takes it in and finally says, "What happened to this world?" he asks aloud.

"Devils took it," Dana says shortly, "We kicked their asses and took it back. It was fucking awesome."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Yeah! We kicked their butts! We made a big tarrasque out of adamantitinium or whatever! and the POWER OF THE SUN ITSELF!" Calleigh cheers.

'It was a very involved process, yes. Levistus and Bel were both here. We kicked their teeth in.' Tryll says.

Anastasia

'I have so many questions,' Thorajin finally says. 'But I'll settle for seeing the new irrigo.'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Most are just babies. We'll go see Gytha. He's creating them.'

Anastasia

It's simple enough to find Gytha. He is in the deeper ocean, overseeing the young irrigo as they swim about, playing at this or that. The depths are quiet and serene, the waters in a deep, dark blue.

Thorajin is quiet, watching the irrigo from afar, not a word said.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I made myself into a paragon.' Tryll says.

Anastasia

'You've been busy fails to encompass it all,' Thorajin says, 'What got into you?'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Boredom, I suppose. Also I sort of work for both Queen Morwell and the Triune. Also the Triune is back. Not the new Triune, the old one. Our Triune. We were given orders to re-establish the irrigo. How fortunate that Gytha had already been researching how to create souls whole-cloth.'

Anastasia

'Fortunate,' Thorajin says with a tone that suggests it's anything but happenstance. 'I suspect the whys and the reasons are as vague as the winds?'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Most of the whys can be explained, actually. There's a LOT that went on. Come on, let's chat with Gytha and I'll explain.'

I'm perfectly okay with a small timeskip here to explain everything that went down.

Anastasia

Soon enough the story is told, Thorajin lost in his own thoughts after. For a time it's a contemplative silence until at last he says, 'The Triune is back. That's the core of it all.'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Yes. Essentially correct.' Tryll agrees. 'It's been a wild few months since.'