A book and many things to do

Started by Anastasia, July 09, 2019, 11:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Eladrin.

Your knowledge suggests a creature that isn't inherently good would go over better - Ha-Nagas aren't nice creatures, usually.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Emily hums, "Well, they're usually diplomatic and good with words, and if you get the right one? It would be expensive, though."

"It always is with mercane," Jarem agrees, "But they do fine work."

Bastian nods a bit, "Speaking of money, you mentioned a crown or jewels, didn't you? How expensive was that going to be?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa winces and looks away... "... A bit over one million gold..."

Speaking of, you never did give me a final answer, I don't think?

Anastasia

Link me to what needs an answer? I've been such a mess in mornings this week and with that, job hunting and surveys that DM work's not gotten much time.

A low whistle from Bastian, while Dolmaya smiles at that. "That's vision," she declares, "Vision and taste, though getting all the money will be a remarkable feat."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104121.msg1151058.html#msg1151058

"Well, we've gotten that much before. Just... Not easily. Still, I have faith we can do it... With the right targets. I was thinking maybe something on the way to That Hellhole, perhaps? Or does anyone have a personal goal that might line up?"

Anastasia

"That's simple," Bastian says, "If we do defeat this Ha-Naga, I'm sure they'll have treasure."

"They will," Jarem agrees, "If it's enough and if it's worth it is another question."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well, every journey starts with a step. Does anyone have contacts with a Mercane? It might be wiser to go with someone we already have a bit of good will with."

Anastasia

Nods all around, except by Ianvasah.

"I believe I'd have the best," Emily speaks up, "Since Mom. Oh, I can talk to a few friends and find someone who will do it and do it well. I just need to know what traits we require for this."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well, someone who's not especially... Good. Nagas of all types are nasty and they'll not take well to it. Top tier diplomat. Top tier deal-maker. Someone who can take care of themselves... Someone who has a decent shot at over-awing them. Though I suppose an entourage of sorts might help with that."

Anastasia

"I'll see to it," Emily says, rising and going off.

Once she's gone, "What else is to be done?" Jarem says, "We have a lot to do."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Keep working around here. Until we figure out the ha-nagas, that's the primary effort. Start planning the raid into the 10th layer, your lists of things to get done, and I have study to do. Dolmaya, do you have enough to work with to try to narrow down where on the 10th layer this place is so I can work on this book from Moore?"

Anastasia

"I can make it work," Dolmaya says, easy confidence in her voice. "You focus on that book."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods.

"Also, Dolmaya, as a former Empress, I thought I might have your input. Some of the new arrivals I've met have taken to calling me Queen. I figure I should make it official. How much of a ceremony do you think we should have?"

Anastasia

At this Dolmaya rises, "A huge one," she says, "The commonfolk look towards ceremony and meaning," she goes right on, "If you are to crown yourself Queen, then make sure everyone knows it. Impress them, thrill them, stun them."
<Afina> Forever.