News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

The first peaceful day

Started by Anastasia, July 22, 2019, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Thus Moore and friends return home, return home to peace. If nothing else can be said, the war is over, at least the main theater of it.

"Moooooore!" Grias bobs in the air as you enter the courtyard, "I heard, congratulations!"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Moore raises a hand to Grias. "Grias, thank you. I'm happy we were able to come to an accord."

Anastasia

"We won!" Grias goes on, spinning around and around, "All those efreet who attacked Celestial lose again!"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"They do." Moore agrees. There's no reason for him to bring Grias down with the future of the efreet empire under the direction of Hell, but for right now he lets Grias bask in his happiness.

"I know I wasn't gone long, but did anything happen while I was gone?" He asks.

Anastasia

"Oh, Lord Erathaol left you a message, it's in your room," Grias says brightly, "He said it could wait until you return."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "Let me go read it, then. Oh, if Lady Antenora shows up, would you let me know, please?" He asks.

He's off to go read this message!

Anastasia

It is as follows.

You have learned things about the nature of planar war, about how all sides compete and Compete with one another. A less seasoned hero may ask why we do not wage war all the time, and in this I offer but this war as another example why we approach true war cautiously. A war that is almost completely triumphant so often bolsters another we oppose, through the endless maze of plotting and politics.

Antenora's words were words that speak of internal pain but also words of simple wisdom. This does not dull our swords, but we consider wars carefully and accept our victories, even knowing they may not be total victories. There have been times where seeming victories cost as much as was gained.

Consider this wisdom. For the moment, you are free and have many matters to see to. I trust you to continue to progress your goals.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Well, he asked Antenora to come visit, so Moore figures she'll probably be here at some point.

For now, though, with the war off his mind, he can reassign some duties...

This is just an IC note that I need to modify the Realm Posting.

Anastasia

Antenora will be tomorrow, since I need to touch base on something with Eb there since her duties may occupy her.

Easy enough to do. Until there's a knock on the door and Melia comes in. "Hey," she says, and without waiting for a reply, "I'm grateful Jetina can regrow body parts. Cultists of Orcus don't play nice."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"You too, huh?" Moore asks. "I bet he has it out for me and anyone related to me. Was it worth it, whatever... it was?"

Anastasia

"No idea. I got away, it was an ambush. A good one, but this helped," Melia pats her new cloak.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I'm glad it's being put to good use, then. Hey, are you at all familiar with any libraries? Especially those that aren't famous because they don't want to be." He asks.

Anastasia

"I've heard stories of a few," Melia says, "I figured you'd ask again sooner or later."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It's not urgent, but can you put a list together for me?" He asks. "I'm going to have more time on my hands to go visit them now, so It'd be good to have some to hit."

Anastasia

"I heard. Congratulations. He really quit?" Melia asks, rubbing her left shoulder.
<Afina> Forever.