News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

The first peaceful day

Started by Anastasia, July 22, 2019, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"That would be more than sufficient," Trader says, eyes going a little wide. "I was hoping for a tenth of that!"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"I take this venture seriously." Moore says with a bright smile. "Would you expect that Brightwater would have the various currencies?"

Anastasia

"Yes," Trader says, "Or any reputable currency changer." Face lost in thoughtful wonder, "Of course we could do all of that and more with that much money."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I have more time to invest in this than I did before, so if anything comes up that you'd like support in, please let me know or, if I'm not here, let Grias know." Moore says. "I'll go to Brightwater shortly, I have some business there anyway."

Anastasia

"I'll use the money wisely and well," Trader promises, "It's not about the profit here, is it. Not in coin, it's about the investment in others. It's so obvious now."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"You're a quick study." Moore says with a smile. "I'll check in periodically to make sure everything is going well."

Moore will postpone the trip to meet with Aunty Anty.

Anastasia

Aunty? Scary.

It's not long from there until Antenora arrives. There is no fanfare - she arrives quietly, unhidden but unheralded. She comes in and meets you, "You wished to meet?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Antenora." Moore greets her. He gestures for her to follow, as he takes a path around Hope's Landing and eventually up onto one of the walls.

"Sorry, I should say 'Lady Antenora,' but my instinct tells me you don't prefer it. Yes, I wanted to talk about a lot of things with you. This is the first time we've really spoken, so I'd like to start by saying that I appreciate what you do. I know it's not easy, but you— and everyone else around you, makes Creation better by being here."

Anastasia

"Antenora's fine," Antenora goes to stand and look at the view of Lunia below. "Thank you, it's what I want and need to do. You've seen what happens when evil touches anything."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I have." Moore says. "It's why we can't let them win. Even saying that, though, you feel like we didn't win against the machinations of Asmodeus."

It's less a question and more a statement. "I know what it's like — to feel like you should've or could've done more in a situation. But the way I see it... Hell will twist anything into a victory, even Eblis. I'm not here to try and change your mind or think I know more than you. I just wanted to express that you're not alone in not being fully happy, and that that's okay to feel. It just gives us more reason to make sure the slaves are taken care of."

Anastasia

Antenora exhales slowly, "It is not my nature to spill my heart's sorrows to someone I barely know, comrade or not." A flash of presence, a feeling of sheer Antenora, a feeling of her that almost consumes you.

Peace.

"As you command," Antenora does not resist that word, her presence gone. "If that's your intent that I unburden myself, I will do so. I came from Hell," she confesses after that gentle word. "I chose to no longer serve the designs of Baator, and yet I feel as if I still do when things such as this happen. I loathe it most of all, because I know how a devil thinks, I know how the machinations line up and how to triumph even when you are foiled. I know that in a sense we have purchased freedom for the efreet's slaves at the cost of the soul of the Efreet Empire."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

A long pause as he looks up to the sky. To the light above.

"I did not intend for you to bare your soul to me, that's not my place." Moore says apologetically. "I simply wanted to offer you the one thing you know above all can be a path to redemption: hope. Hope for a better tomorrow, no matter what today brings."

"You have your close friends and loved ones. I don't mean to say I can offer you anything they can't. Only to say that your burdens are carried by more than just you, and I hope you and I can one day talk more amicably." He says, quietly. "That might be odd to say, but I hope that you can understand my intent."

Anastasia

"It is said that a worry shared is a worry lighter," Antenora says after you speak, "I did not either, but it was a worry that wished to be shared." Turning to you Antenora nods and begins to walk, "You did good work on Aurora," she says, "You've done good work here, too."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"It's work that never ends. But that's okay, I have time." He says the last part with a smile. He flies along with her.  "I'd like to ask for your help in... I suppose training is the best term. I think with your insights, I can be better prepared for the Beyond. It doesn't have to be right now... I know it'll take time. But I wanted to ask nonetheless."

Anastasia

"To become One?" Antenora asks simply, "I'll render you whatever aid I can."
<Afina> Forever.