News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

The first peaceful day

Started by Anastasia, July 22, 2019, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore leans over and loudly whispers. "Dragons are weird!"

Plan from here is to buy 5 of the most common planar currencies, 20,000 gold worth of each.

Anastasia

Jetina laughs at that, as...

Sure, post the expense in loot.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Done. I'd be curious at least as to what they are.

Anastasia

You have to understand there's a lot of currencies. Most gold coins on a planar level are roughly equivalent to one gold piece, and for the sake of ease most of the time this is handwaved. Standards do vary as well, one gold piece from one kingdom may be smaller than the gold piece in another and be priced appropriately.There's an awful lot of handwaving going on here in general since while I do find this interesting, it's a huge timesink but now I'm tempted to get into it again.

Rounds: The official name of mercane minted gold pieces, these are always worth precisely one gold coin. The front has the face of various famous mercane and the rear is stamped with either a stylized M or the particular trading house of mercane that was behind that particular mintage. These coins are made with precision and perfectly round, hence the name. They're almost always simply called gold pieces or gold. These are considered highly reliable and are often imitated.

Brightwater Golds: The name for coins minted in Brightwater. They're held to a similar standard as mercane coins and are considered reliable. These coins are small, thick circles that are easily grasped by the handful. They're always stamped with the image of the various deities of Brightwater. Sometimes called writs as well, but this is informal and can cause confusion with actual writs of credit issues in Brightwater.

Iron Tols: The gold coin of Dis, heavy and made of a dull gold mined in Dis. Notably heavy and worth 2.2 standard gold coins per Tol. These tend to turn up a lot because Dis is a big mercantile hub, and while some disdain them, the gold's generally safe. They're stamped with Dispater's face on one side and an image of a tower on the other.

Beyond that there's no clear leader - there's tons of coinages out there, not to mention things from the Inner Planes and Primes, which can be all over the place. So for the last two feel free to suggest something you'd want and I'll fill in the details.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

That's an interesting read nonetheless.

Moore will take the currencies back to Hope's Landing!

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Other than delivering them, there's not much on his agenda that's pressing. He does have a lot on his plate to pursue, but none of it is absolutely immediate.

i think he'd start with his True Name stuff, though.

Anastasia

Okay cool, how do you intend to do that?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Best place to start seems to be the foot of the mountain and he'll work his way up. He's not above the classic Celestia strategy.

Anastasia

Okay, taking anyone with you?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Nah, this is a personal journey for him.

Nephrite

And, to be more specific as to what he is doing...

Focusing on the idea of his true self and his true name and picking a direction and just walking. Well, flying. You get the idea.

Anastasia

Sure. Roll 1d8 for me, would you?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Anastasia

You fly up - the first layers pass quickly and you find yourself in the foggy paths of Solania. Your feet alight on the ground, perching on a rocky outcropping. The air is chilly here and yet it feels invigorating, a gentle fog over everything that removes harsh details and smooths over reality.
<Afina> Forever.