News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Going down

Started by Anastasia, August 16, 2019, 03:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

"Follow the screams!" Calleigh nods.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Perception check real quick, then.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Tryll[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+50 : 8 + 50, total 58[/blockquote]Calleigh[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+41 : 2 + 41, total 43[/blockquote]
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

It's no good - they're coming from every direction, varying.

"It's no use," Miranda says at the same moment, "Search for passages and we explore them. I hear there's many dead ends here, at least."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I can try a divination!' Tryll says, trying a Divination.

What is the path to our goal?

Anastasia

Give me a CL check here? Interference is an issue.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+35 : 9 + 35, total 44[/blockquote]

Anastasia

You get a cacophony of screams, and amid it - a pull to the south.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"South!" Calleigh says, turning abruptly.

Anastasia

"South," Dana agrees, sword and shield at the ready.

Ahead lies a two passages south that you can see casually - one is a narrow, winding passage, tight. The other is more of a gaping hole, a general downhill path, maybe even some sort of hill were it not below ground and surrounded by rock.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

A hill is a hill, regardless of geographic location! Tryll and Calleigh both agree to treat it as such! The hill shall be traversed!

Anastasia

> roll 1d100
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 3 > [d100=3]

CLANG! CLANG! As you begin to enter, you hear a loud sound of metal pounding from somewhere below. It's quite loud, starting abruptly as you go in.

"Hope it's a golem," Dana says, "Could use a fight to loosen up."

"An easy enemy," Miranda agrees.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Maybe it's a gruff-yet-friendly blacksmith who will give us an unlikely weapon that will turn out to be the one thing we need to win against horrible odds in the near future!" Calleigh adds.

Anastasia

"Yeah," Benyen says, "I met one of those once, it was great. I broke the sword on an orc's ribcage."

Dana just readies herself, the clanging getting louder. 80ft down, at the bottom of this hill, is a great shambling human-like creature of iron. It's shambling forward, body covered all over in hooks and blades.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Hey!" Calleigh calls down to it as Tryll readies an energy blast, "Are you a blacksmith!?"