News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Going down

Started by Anastasia, August 16, 2019, 03:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Say "passage" one more time. I dare you.

'Hmm. The path forks.' Tryll observes observably.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

3 passages not counting the way you came, to be clear.

"Blood," Dana says, "Something strong might be down that way."

Miranda shakes her head, "Little point to it, it's old."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

"Maybe it's undead?" Calleigh helpfully offers. "Like, recently undead. Sorta recently."

'Opinions? If none, let's go right.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

No objections so the party goes down that way.

The screams of the damned grow fainter, echoing.

This passage is wide enough to walk comfortably. As you go, you hear the echos fade entirely. It is silent now as you begin to smell the scent of blood and meat.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Meat. The living need to eat, so we might be on the right track.'

Anastasia

Miranda nods, a finger to her lips as she stalks ahead.

Quick Perception.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Tryll[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+50 : 16 + 50, total 66[/blockquote]Calleigh[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+41 : 16 + 41, total 57[/blockquote]

Anastasia

The smell gets stronger as you go - and around a tightening bend, you begin to hear the sound of knives being sharpened.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Ominous. Calleigh, would you investigate?'

Calleigh salutes the air and leaps off of Miranda's shoulder, flying into the wall and becoming incorporeal along the way.

Anastasia

Where are you going to peek out, then?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'm going to have her skirt the area ahead and see it she can peek out behind whatever's making noise. Or directly above it.

Anastasia

Sure.

Peeking out, you see ahead are men. They wear heavy steel masks, covering all their heads. They otherwise wear ragged leather pants and little else. Here you can see parts of people, all parts, hung on dozens of hooks. As you watch, several dismember a body, as another appears at their feet. A pair of them take the parts and drop them down one part at a time into holes in the floor.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh does NOT go say hello. She returns to the group via wall walking and says with a whisper, "So they're chopping up people in there and dropping the parts into holes. The bodies appear from uhhhhhhhh somewhere? Best to just blast 'em."

Yuthirin

Incidentally, how many men?

Anastasia

About a dozen.

"Madness," Miranda's voice is bleak, "Butchery for the sake of butchery."

Dana just smiles a bit, "Well sign me the fuck up."
<Afina> Forever.