News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Emancipation

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

It's time.

Seira readies herself for this, inviting Ranbar as...

Okay, I'm going to give you some leeway here since this is your big crowning scene for the war. So we're on the same page, describe to me what you had in mind OOC?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

She'd made a promise to all those people, and now is the time for Seira to show them that the trust they placed in her was not displaced. True, the freed slaves of the efreet will not see their captors broken in a daring raid to free them. However, what's important is to ensure their safety and help them recover from their travails rather than cater to any desires of revenge, however justified.

"This is it," she says clearly, the magic of the helm she's wearing allowing her words to carry across the barren gathering point in the center of the largest slave camp on Fire. A group of portals appear in a line behind her, a minor exertion of her will supplying the magic to keep them going. "You're leaving this place for good. At first, to my realm, the Cauldron."

An out of the way terrace of the Cauldron, at that, as the last thing these people need is to be paraded through her realm. Besides, the forest clearing she had chosen would be a welcome sight to sore eyes after spending much of their time on Fire, and temporary housing will allow people to rest and gather themselves in a more private setting, should they need to.

"And after--" Once they've had a chance to clean themselves up, perhaps to receive fresh clothing and eat their fill? For those who need it, a chance to rest and recover in a soothing environment that would ensure a dreamless sleep free of nightmares?

"And after," Seira repeats, "you can choose your own destiny once more. To stay at the Cauldron, to return home, to immigrate to a realm of your choice or be repatriated to your deities, all that and more will be amongst the options provided to you. So let's go, shall we?"

Ranbar, staying at her side, has been instructed to keep an eye on those who need immediate assistance. And while Seira hadn't told her such, participating in something like this is one of the most uplifting things possible. If Ranbar is feeling a bit down after her encounter with Shar's avatar, this should help remind her that they have their share of winning, too.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

So many people.

So many souls look on at you.

Your words are heard as Ranbar is at your side, ready to act. Donald is as well, simply there in unspoken support. Elle is as well, overseeing them more directly, guiding them. Lady Sanzha stays back and watches, but comes forward as you speak.

"Slavery is done here. Let's go home," she seconds, a cool mist of water manifesting, washing over all as she strides through the portal.

Ranbar is working away, no sign of outward trauma at the moment. Yet every so often you hear her prayer, a simple, 'Seira, protect me,' passionate and simple, needful.

At first it's nothing. Then like a tsunami the cheers come, then the people. Noise and flesh, both racing ahead at your opportunity. The efreet stay well away, uttering not a word about this, faces schooled and expressionless. You feel is, so many souls cheering you, like a rush of bliss and rightness and victory in you, swelling up deep.

You feel as if you could challenge Asmodeus himself in that moment, everything about it right and clean and pure and triumphant.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

One day it will be you, Seira thinks as she gazes at the efreet. You'll realize what you've gotten yourself into, and you'll ask for help, and at that time, when you finally want it, help will be provided to you.

Anastasia

As you make your silent resolution and prayer?

One day.

We do not give up on anyone.

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira carries her eyes skywards with a smile.

Meanwhile, as Ranbar prays to her again, she responds.

Always. I'll always be there for you.

Anastasia

'Thank you, Seira' Ranbar sends back amid it all, 'I know how I'll use this chance now, even if...even if I'm scared. I know what I will do.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It's only sane to be scared, given what we faced. But on the other hand, we gave a good showing there, and just look at what we've accomplished here with what we can already do!

Anastasia

A sense of Ranbar, a sense of her and a connection, shining at your response.

Node update, go read.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

Thus, as cheers fill you and so many march to freedom, as you triumph and watch a hard one victory's reward?

Okay, going to do anything else here?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Not of my own initiative. I outlined my plans, pretty much. I do think I need to do a similar scene on Earth, except with the Great Xorn there. Could you set it up? I'd like to settle that stuff too.

Anastasia

Sure.

In contrast, the Xorn simply await, the dao overlooking them with the same expressionless expressions, great hoards of them gathered in a cavern. They await you as promised, as planned, the Great Xorn with you. It is your stage to act, your stage to move forward and...

Go ahead, make a splash.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"It is your choice where to go, my friends," Seira tells the xorn. Things would be different with outsiders to Earth, and different yet again with sentient elementals who have had their share of being enslaved, but the xorn have a considerable population here. "I urge you to come stay at the Cauldron with the Great Xorn for a time, and decide on your next move. Be it establishing a small community over at my realm, spreading out across the planes or returning to Earth to build and strengthen your cities here, I have no doubt that you will thrive at what you choose!"

The same portals are there as well, although this time around the former slaves are united by a common race and tradition, plus an important cultural figure is there to guide them should the need arise. She glances at said figure, since his own contribution here should decide the course of these xorn, at least in the near future.

Anastasia

"Come with me!" Your speech is followed by that, the Great Xorn calling out.

At that moment all eyes focus fully on the two of you - and it's a lot of eyes - and begin to follow, begin to come to you. There's no questions, just Xorn following this command, this request.
<Afina> Forever.