News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Emancipation

Started by Anastasia, August 22, 2019, 01:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

It's a hand. Nice and clean and well-manicured. Seira extends it to Mystra.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

List your 10th level spells, please?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Widened Enhanced Maximized Empowered Twinned Greater Fireburst x2, Seira's Unicorn Apocalypse, Widened Enhanced Maximized Delayed Blast Fireball x2, Celestial Valor, Bibliotheca Arcana

Bibliotheca Arcana already cast

Anastasia

Mystra simply asks, "Do you need both of those firebursts?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

The magic in your mind changes, one of them becoming a spell known as Discern Curse.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Ah! I see...."

Eager to use her newly-found knowledge, Seira uses Discern Curse upon Qualles!

Qualles: This cloak of elvenkind grants a +15 competence bonus to Stealth checks and a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. When worn by an elf, they gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity (stacks with the enhancement bonus), a +2 to attack rolls with long swords or longbows and a +5 bonus to saves against enchantment spells and effects. However, Qualles is cursed. Any who wear it suffer 4d10 damage per round and are nauseated (no save).

Qualles was made by Ardunlan the Gold, an elven warrior who wore it for many adventures, including the slaying of Nolofar, the Plague from the Stones. The last owner is easy - Alumar Starwarden. Whatever cursed it wasn't a person - it was a force. Dark as these curses are, they weren't the result of an intelligent being.

Anastasia

You understand.

The night crumples and falls, daybreak follows. As the Gold lies there, blood staining the earth, his eyes look up at once last sunrise.

Shadow.

The wartorn marsh is arrayed in shadows. From the broken Ever-Night they emerge, pieces of writhing dark flesh. They race to him...but they cannot touch him, for the Seldarine walks with him in this final hour, his blessing on his shoulders like a cloak.

Yet his equipment is not so protected.

You understand.

This malice, this hatred - an imprint of a slain foe, a death curse manifested into something more by a greater being's final breath. The means to dispel it are a true sunrise, held in the arms of a maiden who has never once known the touch of night. Something so fully of the sun and light that not even the deepest night can touch it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Oh! It's kind of like what I did that one time when the Sharrans overcame my champion-- ah, I suppose there was malice there as well, but against Shar that's surely allowed?" Seira shakes her head. "One of Lathander's girls or Donald could fix this, or I suppose my own divine power should be sufficient given the Seldarine repelled the curse at the origin and it didn't come from a deity so there won't be a contest?"

Anastasia

"Strong curses with time to grow can be harder to remove. Some grow stronger, like a grudge," Mystra explains. "Like any divination, it can be blocked. Only exceptionally strong magic will do, but it can be done. Otherwise, solve the curse how you see fit."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira nods slowly. "Is there a proper way to remove a curse by brute force? For example, a spell or a ritual you could also show me?"

To try it out, Seira uses her divine power to emulate Remove Curse on Qualles to see whether her guess is right and it'd merely require more power.

Anastasia

Caster level, just for reference?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

21:43 <Seira> roll 1d20+35
21:43 <Rei-chan> Seira rolled : 1d20+35 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{44}

Anastasia

You'll need something stronger - a curse this primal simply won't respond to this spell.

I just wanted your CL, not a check, since a high enough one unlocked the mention above. No big deal.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I feel like I'm half-right," Seira voices. "A stronger spell, not just more power sent through the basic spell."