News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Rainbows loom

Started by Anastasia, October 12, 2019, 07:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

You linked me to the wrote up of it and said I had the first level of stuff I think?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Thanks, Moore. You're bestest pixie (in B6, don't let Afina get me).

At last something snaps into place, some final advancement where it all makes sense. Sense in a raw, primal way. You grasp something, impossible and yet yours, at least for this moment.

You gain the following special quality.

Words (Ex)

You are able to speak words of power, tied to the same power as the Words of Creation and the Dark Speech. By studying them you can learn such words and speak them. Using the words is hazardous to your health and inflicts a toll, usually in the form of nonlethal damage.

You know the following use of the Words to begin with and can learn more.

You know the Creation ability of the Words of Creation (BoED, pg 32).
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

"... I've got it. A bit of it. Something new just... Slid into place. Thank you, both of you for your help."

Anastasia

"Congratulations," Xandra says warmly, "Whatever did you obtain?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Yes, I'm rather curious myself." Moore says as he pats Alyssa gently on the back.

Iron Dragoon

I don't have access to the book right now so I'm going to be intentionally vague here.

"Creation. It's the first step of it."

Anastasia

"A good first step," Xandra praises, "Do you understand where you wish to go from here?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I'll have to think on this ability. Experiment with it a bit and see where it leads me. More immediately, I want to figure out that trick you're working on with the One, to improve my chances."

Nephrite

"I admit, I think that one will be a bit of a challenge." Moore says. "I don't want to suggest it until you have a little more practice, as it's... rather straining, even for me right now. However, I'm very close to figuring out something else which I think will help. I'm rather close on that research I think I mentioned to you I was working on."

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods slowly, "Hmm... Well, if you need help with any research, let me know. For now, though, I think this is a good pause to our tutoring."

Nephrite

"If you come across any notable libraries in your travels, please let me know." Moore says with a smile. "That will be enough for me."

Iron Dragoon

"I've found one, actually. An ancient hoard on knowledge that was being protected by nagas. I've worked something out with them and was able to get access and transcribe it. Feel free to come to my realm and make use of it."

Nephrite

"Oh, excellent. Is there anything I should bring as a gift to the naga in that case? I don't want to be rude." Moore says. "I can just bring them a sum of gold, if you think they'd accept that."

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa shrugs, "Going by yourself would be troublesome. I had to fight them to earn the right. I can go with you, but if you want to go alone, I'll send them a message. Gold is probably good enough. Or a spell they don't know. I have most of it transcribed in the library at my school, too."