News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Towards Malana

Started by Anastasia, November 08, 2019, 03:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"We've thought about it," Marianne's answer is as the four of you - Amaryl comes along - sit together. It's a quiet place in the Cauldron, a little reading room sequestered deep inside. It's rarely used, save for the time Emily and Xera treated it as a secret hideaway years and years ago. In a corner an old fort of chairs, books and pillows is left intact, a ripple of days past.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"I'm glad you considered this carefully," Seira says. "A decision like this is not made lightly, given the level of commitment it requires."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"We're interested," Lyris cuts in, "Right or wrong, neither of us wants to sit around. Our only concern is the level of investment we'll need to make into it, and how that will keep us away from home."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"We've discussed travel options," Seira muses, tapping her lips. "And, perhaps, some of your friends would be interested in traveling along with you much of the time? A party at your skill level travels off-world as often as to the adjacent town."

Anastasia

"We discussed ideas with Josa," Marianne goes on, "He's considering allowing a second Whimsical Sweets, once he's found someone and trained them properly. Dear, I do believe if you're flexible about this that it can work."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Wonderful! What do you require to get started properly over there?"

Anastasia

"Some funding to cover establishment," Is the ansewr from Marianne, "Some local aid in learning the political and historical situation as well, along with sources and merchants we can trust."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira hums to herself. "Merchants, huh? I'll ask Waukeen for a few contacts to start with. Local aid is far easier! Jannel, one of my paladins, is currently coordinating my efforts on that world, while Annerose Malana is my oldest and most successful agent on that world. She'll offer aid easily enough, but she's also the go-to for political and historical questions over there. Lathander's church is also present, and obviously our friends." Seira shrugs. "I suppose that only leaves out starting capital, but we're able to equip you fairly well. Would a hundred thousand gold in gems be enough?"

Anastasia

"Mmm...it should be," Lyris says at last, "If it isn't, we'll let you know."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Have fun kicking Auril's teeth in~"

Anastasia

Marianne rises and offers you her hand at this, "We survived one impossible situation - well we didn't, but we got better. What's another?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira shakes it cheerfully, smiling at her.

Anastasia

Okay, OOC question since they're agreeing to it - any timetable here of your own? Just want to know for DM purposes and keeping tabs on what they'll be doing there.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'll be keeping tabs on them and intervene if necessary! Jannel has been there long enough to establish himself, and Annerose controls a territory, so they can choose what they feel works best. My budget for Malana aid was tripled not that long ago, so we should be ascendant! Let's keep pushing!

If you mean an actual timetable, it'd be nice if they put Annerose in charge of Malana before next winter hits and then expanded their anti-Auril efforts beyond the nation.

Anastasia

Okay cool. Give me one moment, just give me a generic reply here while I see if Moore's coming over right away.
<Afina> Forever.