News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Started by Anastasia, November 11, 2019, 11:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Moore nods to Xandra. "Notice how she didn't actually answer the question?" He says quietly back.

Anastasia

"I did," Xandra says, "Moreover, is this party the wisest one we could have? There are others who seek to become One amid our ranks."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"I don't think this place is going anywhere." Moore says. "Especially now that we know how to get here, it'd not be a problem to return."

Anastasia

Okay in that case, what's your marching order gonna be, y'all?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira walks cheerfully ahead, although she's always keeping an eye on threats. And her eye can look all the way for three miles!

Perception 10 for 105
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Moore can be wherever.

Anastasia

Cool. I would like something more solid, though. At least a general order.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira, Amaryl, Ranbar, Kascha, Moore, Xandra

Anastasia

Works.

Onward.

You walk along these sandy shores for some time, the waves crashing and yet fully blue when they reach the sands. You do this a time until ahead, you see an object lying on the sands. It looks to be a page of a book, torn out and left there.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Is that you? Or a part of you?" Seira asks, coming over and picking the page up.

Nephrite

Moore will wait for Seira to read it so as not to just look over her shoulder.

Anastasia

Ranbar is at your side as you read the page.

"I've made many mistakes in my life.

My greatest strength and my greatest sin is my inability to accept what I cannot change. From that all my suffering comes.

I wasn't the one meant to bear 21 to this point. Jaela, Afina, Ithea, Hanna, Adrian, Morniel, Ebony. Any of them could have bore 21 and accepted this path.

My greatest irony and my greatest sorrow is that I succeeded, that I was able to change what I should have been unable to change.

The heavy destiny of my Prime was enough. It wasn't my destiny, it was your destiny. It was Alicia's destiny. It was the Crimson Guard's destiny. Yet that destiny changed as well. The God-King was not defeated by your hand.

In this I curse you, Seira Aryn. In this I share your regrets, Seira Aryn. In this we both march forward."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

In a sense, she did get a team and sponsored it to get that damned God-King, so wouldn't it still count as by her hand? Good enough for a prophecy, Seira muses.

"I see a letter to myself," she says, handing it over to Ranbar to read properly. "Do you see the same?"

Anastasia

"I do," Ranbar says, "Lad-ah. Seira," A clearing of her throat, "It's a letter of regrets and hopes."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Someone else should pick up the next page. I expect there will be one," Seira voices, keeping on heading down the beach.