News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Started by Anastasia, November 11, 2019, 11:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

That deep blue spears are more effective than straight up violence, and both are far superior to seizing control of reality?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Moore considers for a moment. "That once sufficiently in Creation, a being like them has to be dealt with via Creation's rule? I'm... curious, though, are those Q'pa any fundamentally different than any other being from the Far Realm?"

Anastasia

That the Q'pa, terrible as it is, is not unique. Creation frames those of the Far Realm into certain shapes, and sometimes the same pattern and form suffices. Do you understand?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"Oh, so it's more like Q'pa in Creation are all different things on the Beyond side." Moore says. "But something on that side causes them to manifest in Creation as Q'pa."

Anastasia

Creation tries to process things of the Far Realm. They are treated akin to demons, but the process is imperfect, because the Far Realm's nature destroys Creation. Creation is a thing of patterns, of processes.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Why demons, actually? I know that's what happens, but I never got an explanation of why they fit better than slaad. And speaking of normalizing Far Realm creatures into demons, we can't forget Pale Night. Do you have anything interesting you could share about her?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I believe it to be simple: They destroy Creation. They are destroyers, as demons are destroyers.

The Pale Mother is behind him.

I saw them watching. She watches through him, for Sylian is her instrument. The Pale Mother gave him a little of her own blood, as you once gave him your blood, Seira.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"She... did she create demons here in Creation?" Moore asks.

Anastasia

Her name is not unearned.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"But not all of them, right? Just... a supplementary force, I guess is the way to put it?" Moore asks.

Anastasia

I do not believe she is the mother of all demons, Moore.

Merely too many as it is.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I understand. I... hm. Through all of this training, it's been clear that being here makes it easier to manifest the various skills and abilities that we need to fight creatures from the Far Realm." He says, then he gestures around. "If we were in the Far Realm itself, would what we do here be significantly more challenging? Could I even do it, without a divine will?"

Anastasia

Perhaps you could, with the words you speak.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Do you know if the Words of Creation and the power of Anarchs were originally the same thing in the Far Realm? It's... curious that using both here ends up with the exact same results." Moore says.

He blinks for a moment. "Or... maybe it's that they both translate into the same 'Beyondese'...?"

Anastasia

I do not know, but I don't think so.
<Afina> Forever.