News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Rebirth and redemption

Started by Anastasia, February 02, 2020, 04:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Mother wipes at her eyes as Walt simply says, "There's no coming back from what happened to her?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"No. Shar destroyed her completely. Down to her soul. It's horrific. But at least she's not being tortured."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

A sniffle from mother as Walt looks on grimly, "That..." he finally shakes his head. "Be careful. Please."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

Moonlight.

The moon shines with its pale light as the five of you approach. It's a ways beyond your academy, where a cluster of trees stand tall. Pine trees, thick enough to obscure what's inside. "In here," Bastian says, striding within.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

The moonlit grove within is quiet. The ground is littered with pine needles, the scent of pine trees heavy here. With the moonlight you can see that a small pond lies in the center, surrounded by a ring of stones. The pond is silvery with the light of the moon. Besides the pond a sapling is planted.

Emily goes to the lake and bows her head, eyes closed tight. Yet tears glitter in the pale moonlight as she stands vigil.

Bastian is besides her, head bowed as well.

Dolmaya comes forward and bows towards the tree, then stands next to Bastian.

Jarem goes to the sapling and turns. "We are here to remember a warrior," he begins. "In her burned the soul of a warrior who sought the keys to victory. More than that, more than our faiths, she was our friend and sister in arms. I'll not stand here and sing her praises, for they are already sung in our hearts. Instead, I will ask for a miracle."

At this, Jarem kneels before the tree. He prays and casts, holy symbol of the Red Knight in hand. "Mother of Strategy, hear me! Grant this tree the majesty to remember a fallen warrior!"

The tree shimmers red in the moonlight. "This tree will grow," Jarem announces, "It will grow and expand in memory of Ianvasah. I am no druid, I know not if they would approve of such a thing. I nonetheless dedicate it to Ianvasah, a tree that will always grow and search for perfection, as she herself sought in her time with us."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"None of us are Druids, yet all of us were her friends. She had few of those, by her training and nature. My relationship with her tells me she would love this. I found her in a grove like this, defending it against a king. She left that place to fight in our larger fight, and accepted to help me make a place fro Druids to gather, meet, and learn.

This will be the same. She may be gone, but this place will be defended tooth and nail in her name. Let's see if we can't also follow on the other parts of why she came to us."

Alyssa goes quiet for a moment, focusing on her will and faith, then begins her own prayer,

"Shaundakul, Rider of the Winds, I pray for a boon. Let the paths of all who love nature,  who need sanctuary,  who need help, who need knowledge have their path meet here for rest. For respite. For help. For knowledge. I pray to you to lead those creatures of nature who are displaced find their way here, even if for a moment, for safety, for help, for renewal.

Selune, She Who Guides, I ask of you a boon to honor the memory of our fallen friend. She who fell in our mutual fight. I pray for you to bless this place, to make it a place of safety and renewal for those of Ianvasah's kind. Let all she would protect be guided here. Let all who would learn from her example be guided here. Let all she would teach be guided here. Let this place grow and flourish as she would wish."

Anastasia

You silently pray.

The moonlight shines like pale memories around you, while you notice something. Paths. Old dirt paths can be seen just outside of the grove now, winding away from it and out of sight.

"The land is hallowed," Emily announces, "I can feel Selune's touch." Her voice is quiet, marveling.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa offers a silent prayer of thanks.

"It will serve as a place of gathering for all Ianvasah want to protect,  guide, help, and teach. This will become the heart of learning for any Druid, Ranger, or creature that wants to to be here.

Anastasia

"Ianvasah's grove," Dolmaya states, "A worthy name for it."

"Good as any," Bastian says, "It gets right to the heart of it, and helps ensure she won't be forgotten."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

Bastian goes to the sapling and bows his head, "Goodbye, Ianvasah," he says then turns to go.

Dolmaya does the same but adds, "I did not know you long, but you spent your life wisely. Thank you."

Jarem kneels before the sapling and murmurs something - you don't catch what - and rises, "Take all the time you need here, I need to rest before we go back out anywhere."
<Afina> Forever.