News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Lizard shuffle

Started by Anastasia, October 20, 2020, 11:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay Iddy, hit me with your lizard plan.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Well I honestly have no idea! But going from past stuff, I figure there's some sort of magical item that can apply an elemental template, since people have done similar things to become half-whatevers, so something similar? Like find something that can apply a fire template, get a few of 'em, take a bunch of lizards to the Fire plane, apply said item/template, and go from there.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

You're also a deity with alter reality so that greatly simplifies things, not to mention Emily has hands on experience with the elements thanks to her parents. Lay out your goals in a bit more depth and we'll adjudicate?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Well, goal is to get a couple of useful elemental abilities going here, along with an inherent stealth ability. I'll refrain from compound elements:
Shocker: Fine as is, but want some better stealth.

Fire: Similar to Shocker, but want to be able to send them into an enemy camp/town/fortress/whatever and have them start fires that will be harder than normal to put out. So maybe that Scorching Fire or whatever? Something similar to Simmer's fire, but I don't expect it to go to that level.

Earth: Ability to make tunnels and earthquakes. So they can be sent into a place and dig escape tunnels for whatever reason, or into a fort and cause an earthquake to bring sections, or possibly the whole thing, down.

Air: No real good ideas for this one? Maybe the ability to create tornadoes or the like.

Water: Ability to generate water. In large groups create floods and what-not. Idea is that they can go in ahead of a larger infiltration group, position around light sources and quench them, or just flat out flood the place if enough of them are around.

Anastasia

Okay, first of all, refresh me on your domains? Any relevant ones would speed this along nicely.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Domains: Magic, Knowledge, Travel, Forge

Anastasia

All of that could be accomplished with time and Emily's help too, since she grew up around this stuff. Bear in mind they're still low hit dice monsters so effects will be reasonably scaled to them as they are already.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Well, none of it is really planned for direct offense against characters. It's more like terrain manipulation. I want to earthquake a building, not throw rocks at Asmodeus.

Anastasia

Oh sure, just bearing in mind that as a general rule a stronger creature is going to produce a stronger earthquake, to run with the analogy. Of course the beauty of the lizards is that they combo, but just being explicit about the point.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Sure. I mean, I'm up for making them stronger if you want, but since everyone hates Shocker Lizards in the first place, I figured I'd avoid that.

Anastasia

Okay then, give me a 5 d100s.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 57, total 57[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 44, total 44[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 41, total 41[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 35, total 35[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 41, total 41[/blockquote]

Anastasia

"...and there," Emily declares, as the last cage is shut. "The processes will take a little longer, but a first generation should be ready soon. They're already elemental creatures, and with draconic and elemental lore, it's not hard to adjust them with our power."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods, "Thank you for the help. Once we have a decent number of them, we can awaken a few to act as leaders and start deploying them. I can't wait to see the tumble a fortress, or drown a force in a river crossing, or burn a field camp."

Anastasia

You get a warm smile back, "That's one thing down," she agrees.

Okay, while this finishes, next move?
<Afina> Forever.