News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Lizard shuffle

Started by Anastasia, October 20, 2020, 11:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Eh, Knights of Coral. The order/chaos plane is important, but I think it'll also be a big project, so get the easy stuff done first.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa: "I found some lore on the Knights of the Corals. They're a very militant faction, and don't often engage in trade. I was hoping you, or the Red Knight, might know something about them, or have some sort of contact with them. Their coral is as hard as adamantine, and unique besides. I don't think we can necessarily recruit them to us, but, we might be able to establish some sort of relationship. If so, we can work towards either trade or figuring out how to cultivate the coral ourselves. Any ideas?"

Jarem: "I don't know them, but I know someone who knows them," Jarem says, "It's like that in Warrior's Rest." He gets up, "I'll let you know."
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104413.msg1181791.html#msg1181791

Anastasia

A knock on your door, as you look up from your spellwork.

"A friend of a friend worked it out," Jarem calls, "I'm not sure how much the coral's worth, but they're willing to trade to worthy warriors. That part's already taken care of, Bastian stepped over and impressed them."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa raises an eyebrow, "He's been doing a lot of that lately. First on Earth and now the Knights. But it's good for us. We'll set up a trade deal and see what we can do to improve relations further. I'd like to get permission to cultivate it ourselves, but I imagine that's a mountain's worth of effort away. Thank you, Jarem."

To Bastian, Thank you for stepping in with the Knights of the Coral. You've been doing a lot of making friends by punching people. Keep it up.

Anastasia

"Flat impossible, they're not going to budge on it," Jarem shakes his head, "I get the feeling it's something local anyway."

'It's easy. So many people in Creation need to be punched.'
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

So, so true. Let's make that a core tenet for your followers.

"Nothing is impossible! But for now, yes. So what else is going on?"

Anastasia

"At the moment, more trouble with Gargauth. I was able to find a few leads, Jarem goes on, "Since our main plan will take time."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Such as? Have you identified any holdings he's interested in?"

Anastasia

"No," Jarem says, "But I think I know someone he's interested in."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

"Tolonar Stonefist, a dwarf," Jarem goes on, "Newly minted rich and in Brightwater. Haven't confirmed it but all the facts line up."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa leans back, "Well that makes things a bit more complicated. Brightwater. We'll have to let Waukeen know. She won't react well to it if we keep her out of the loop and Gargauth is operating on her turf. We'll have Emily set up a meeting. If Waukeen wants in, we'll have to let her, I think, and I don't know if Queen and Sulia will like that."

Anastasia

"It's too much of a complication," Jarem agrees, "So the answer's easy - get Tolonar out of Brightwater for a little while." He smiles momentarily, tightly, "Nothing nefarious, but figure out a way to get him to another realm."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa sighs and taps the arm of her chair, "That could be messy too. It's entirely possible Waukeen already knows and is planning to use him as bait. She's already sheltering his one escaped victim, and now a perfect target happens to show up in her plane? Brightwater is the city of trade, and that includes information. I highly doubt it's escaped her notice."