News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

The cycle of improvement

Started by Anastasia, March 11, 2021, 01:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay, so you wanted to upgrade your allies, Iddy?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

I did! Do the same gear cycle on them the next day. I haven't done the math yet, so I'll start on that.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay, post when you have it done.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

On a pure RP note if you want to do it, Alyssa would want to work on this with Walt.
Max check bonus (3/day ea): 125 (take 10). 5 pieces of armor = 2 days work. 4 weapons = 2 days work.

Alyssa:
Dromen's Bucklers: These floating bucklers function as an animated heavy steel shield+5. (+5 AC)
+5 Improved Armor Bonus. DC = 120
Spoiler: ShowHide
20 Masterwork Base +20 Imp. Armor Bonus (20+(20*4))=120

Jarem:
Dellos: Adamantine long sword+7, keen and sweeping. Can be used to make a trip attack and does not allow the target to trip you back if you fail. (+3 to hit, +4 damage dice step)
+3 Improved Masterwork Weapon, +4 Improved Design. DC = 125
20 Masterwork Base +15 Improved Masterwork Weapon +15 Improved Design (20+(15*3)+(15*3))=125

Red Breastplate: Breastplate+7, called, max dex equal's the wearer's dexterity bonus, no armor check penalty. For every 2 points the wearer's Int is above 10, gain a +1 insight bonus to armor class and saving throws. (+5 AC)
20 Masterwork Base +20 Imp. Armor Bonus (20+(20*5))=120

Root Wood Shield: Root Wood Heavy Shield+8, bashing. Also a Root Wood Heavy Shield+8, impact and mighty smiting. (+5 AC)
20 Masterwork Base +20 Imp. Armor Bonus (20+(20*5))=120

Emily:
Fireclaw: Shortsword+3, elemental harmony, sacred, evil outsider bane, undead bane and flaming. All elemental damage this weapon deals becomes the most beneficial type for the wielder. Curves around resistances and immunities as much as possible because of that. Typically +5 due to greater magic weapon.(+3 to hit, +4 damage dice step)
20 Masterwork Base +15 Improved Masterwork Weapon +15 Improved Design (20+(15*3)+(15*3))=125

Blaze: Breastplate+8, max dex of 14, no arcane spell failure and -1 ACP.
+1 Improved Armor Check Penalty, +4 Improved Armor Bonus. DC = 110
20 Masterwork Base +10 Imp. Armor Check Penalty +20 Imp. Armor Bonus (20+10+(20*4))=110

Dolmaya:
Mayados: Longbow+8. When wielded by royalty, this bow grants the wielder damage reduction 25/adamantine and epic, resistance to energy (all five elements) 50 and the spellcasting of a 13th level fatemaker. (+2 to hit, +5 damage dice step)
+2 Improved Masterwork Weapon, +5 Improved Design. DC = 125
20 Masterwork Base +15 Improved Masterwork Weapon +15 Improved Design (20+(15*2)+(15*4))=125

Honeydip:
Fairywind: Small shortsword+7, anarchic and holy. On a hit, wind hurls target 1d6*10ft in direction of choice and confuses for 1d6 rounds. DC 36 will negates confusion and DC 36 fort negates being moved.(+3 to hit, +4 damage dice step)

Nav's Breastplate: Small breastplate+7, +6 enhancement bonus to dex and cha. No ACP, 5% ASF, unlimited dex bonus. Only functions for eladrin or knights of the stars.
+1 Improved Arcane Spell Failure, +4 Improved Armor Bonus. DC = 110
20 Masterwork Base +10 Imp. Armor Check Penalty +20 Imp. Armor Bonus (20+10+(20*4))=110

Anastasia

That all looks solid. No words on this batch?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Man, I can't use it for shit. Almost every time I've tried it on equipment, I roll a 1, and I'm worried about it destroying something. It almost exploded Jarem's sword once already.

Anastasia

Okay, I'll do these after session, remind me. In the meantime, what's your next move?

I may touch on working on these, but I want to do my planning all at once.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Back to looking for the seed. As a recap:
The first is a report of two cubes being destroyed by an unknown force. Details are scant but survivors are many. No one really knows what happened, but it was bad.

The second is a report of spontaneous resurrection on several battlefields. The details of it are hazy, but multiple powerful champions rose from defeat to fight again.

The third and last she has is of spontaneous, unknown portals that stole an entire cube.

I think the only one left was the resurrection one. So let's start there. Did Emily dig up any more info on it? And I think you said Jarem had something. Also, I'd set Bastian on trying to retrace Galgathorn's path to the guardian.

Anastasia

Gathgorian, Iddy.

"So, you want me to try and copy this devil's path without knowing his path?" Bastian says, "That's going to be a trick."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well, we know his end point already. We just need to figure out how he got there. Him passing through Acheron shouldn't have gone unnoticed completely. There's got to be a hint somewhere. The Guardian is apparently interested in me, so there might be more of a trail than we think. Just need to find the first step... What do we know of Gathgorian and his methods?"

Anastasia

Bastian crosses his arms, "Not a lot, but I've heard some things. He had something to do with Lifasa and Aurora, but came out from it in one piece. Better than a lot of devils can say. An Archduke of Hell and now said to be a deity. His power is the wind and his size. I've heard it described like facing a mountain."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well, something like that definitely can't go around unnoticed. Still, let me do a bit of research and see if I can't figure out how he goes about things. If I can get a hint of that, I might be able to narrow down where he could have started."

Anastasia

Planning to research then? Make a check if so with your library bonus.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

You didn't say what K it was, but I have them all at the same rank, so... K/Cunning Knowledge/Library:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+100 : 12 + 100, total 112[/blockquote]

Anastasia

Gathgorian is a former warrior in the Blood War. He served for ages and rose to the rank of Sergeant Major, the top non-commissioned officer in Hell. His role in the Lifasa affair is somewhat foggy, but do to arcane diabolical plots and politics, he was made a Duke of Hell. This would be a stunning rise for anyone, and surely put even a powerful devil on the back foot for thousands of yeas as they adjusted. Gathgorian took to it with a single minded purpose.

It's known Gathgorian had indecisive battles with the Aurora in this time and survived the liberation of Lifasa. For reasons never announced as far as you know, since then he was promoted to the position of Archduke - an unheard of rise from Duke of Hell - and banished from Baator. The banishment is not unheard of, several Archdukes are banished along with the title due to infernal politics, but the speed of it is stunning.

Now Gathgorian has risen, if the stories are true. He has reached apotheosis and now stands as a single minded force in Creation to the destruction of Chaos in all forms. He is said to be a tremendous warrior and prosecutor against Chaos, and will not rest until every speck of it is scourged from Creation.

Which fits what you know, as you consider what Zaphkiel told you in Chronias. The chosen of Asmodeus, one of his two gambits to defeat Shar and lead the ultimate defeat of the Incarnation of Chaos, Ao.
<Afina> Forever.