News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Sunshine

Started by Anastasia, April 30, 2021, 01:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The sunshine is so bright.

Alyssa peers out the window as she listens to her friends, the view of her realm blessed by a sunny, clear day that lets her see almost forever. A sweet breeze blows in from it, the scent of flowers, of grass, of trees and all the warm things that pleasant winds carry. It lacks the beach smells of her past home, but is nonetheless a vital scent that brings a story of life.

Behind you Dolmaya sits, reclining back in a far too stuffed and comfortable chair. A few spellbooks hover around her, moved out of her sight with a wave of her hand. She instead grabs an iced glass of juice and spirits, a slow sip from it before it is placed back down. "But does it really matter so long as it works? Oh, I know well mystique and mysticism. I've traded on them plenty of times in the past. But beyond trickery and diplomacy, do they have any place in the battlefield? A resource you know is far more manageable for a general. So long as it's reliable, does the spellcraft behind it matter?"

Lady Honeydip sits opposite Dolmaya, a little bowl with several grapes nearby, as well as a honeyed thimbleful of ale. She has a small drink herself before, "Everything matters." Her answer is almost bland before she goes on, more passion in her voice, "Everything reacts to everything else. Chaos is often seen as mindless, but that's not true. No. It's more than every hero, every person and every soul is a force that influences the world around them. Romantic sorrow has no place in war, but what if heartbreak dulls the mind of a powerful strategist the day of a great battle?

"Fine, the little things," Dolmaya's retorts lacks heat, but she sits up to peer at Honeydip's thimble, "Such as a pixie who drinks ale."

"Honeyed ale," Honeydip says, in a tone that suggests that says everything that is needed. "But since you asked?" A sip, "Back on Androlynne, one of the volunteers had a sideline of brewing. He insisted on something palatable for pixies besides sweet wines, and I grew a taste for this thanks to him. In reasonable doses. Drinking a mug sized for a human warrior is a mistake I will only make once."

The laughter from Dolmaya is warm as the sunshine that you feel as you listen in. "Even for you that's not even a shot glass. Can you not hold your alcohol?"

"I prefer not to let my alcohol hold me," Honeydip has one more sip, "Wine gladdens the heart, but the cost is always too high. It's better to make your heart happier instead."

A pause before, "You must have been a boring drunk," Dolmaya decides, "Boring as stone and sand. You missed your calling to be a paladin with upright attitudes like that."

"Did I? I wasn't aware paladins had any prohibition against alcohol," Honeydip immediately retorts, "Emily enjoys an occasional drink herself." A pause, "For what little it matters for the divine. Still." A sip again, "At least I know now how to grasp that impossible power you've all found. Even the fragment Bastian gifted me is incredible."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Idly, Alyssa interjects, "You're both right. Moderation is wise for general preparation and life. But there's a time a place for revelry.

We could be called to the field at any time, so being too far in our cups is, in general, a poor decision. But if safety and security are ensured? I see no problem with it. Though, that doesn't address the issue of being called suddenly...

Perhaps a spell that removes drunkenness and invigorates for sudden call-ups? Hmm... Or... Have the spell brewed into the alcohol itself? As long as you continue to drink within a few minutes, you maintain the feeling, but it wears off within a few minutes if you don't?

Could have real value as a morale booster for our deployed soldiers."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"It wouldn't be difficult," Dolmaya says, "A project for a lazy afternoon. Hardly any serious effort, but an amusing spell to create."

"Useful, but the idea is to have soldiers drink when off duty and with sufficient time to sober up," Honeydip disagrees, "Useful on occasion, but soldiers need rest."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods, "If we can put the spell into the brew itself... It would make an excellent trading product. Should we look for a brewmaster?"

Anastasia

"I'll see to it," Dolmaya says, "But you were saying about Bastian, Honeydip?"

Lady Honeydip shakes her head, "It will hold a moment. Finish your conversation about that ale first."

Dolmaya smiles thinly, "Oh no, do go on. It's an idea, nothing more, and easily executed."

"Well then," Honeydip sits up straight, "It's this divine power within me now. Only a loaned fragment, but I understand it so far better now. It's as if I was asleep all my life and only now woke up. As if I only saw in black and white, and now see in full color."

"Hmph." Dolmaya cracks a smile, "Nonetheless, from what I've learned talking to others, it may well be we are coddled by Creation. That our true state is more like this, but also hobbled and twisted by the Beyond. The implications in metaphysics are astounding."

"I-" That's all Honeydip gets out before she pauses. You feel the connection to her, still new but growing stronger.

Node update, go read.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Read.

Alyssa grins slightly, "Ah, there it is. That's something else for you to explore and get used to."

Anastasia

"Another gift?" Honeydip muses aloud, "Thank you."

"Myself," Dolmaya agrees, "I'm content that we found another seed and managed it, even if we didn't get all of it. How many remain, Alyssa?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Is the Divine Seed progress list up to date?

Iron Dragoon

"Two, I believe... Gehenna and Mechanus, if I recall correctly."

Anastasia

"Mechanus is out of reach, too, so that leaves only one option," Honeydip notes.

"It rather does," Dolmaya concedes, "What do we know about that seed?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

For refresher, this is what we had:
"As for Acheron and Gehenna, there are seeds but we have not found them yet," Zaphkiel continues, "Precious little is known of them. For Baator, you have already seen that divine seed," A look to Alicia. "Asmodeus also extends an invitation to any of you who are willing - to come before the Serpent's Throne within nine days and he will discuss sharing this seed with you as well as with his chosen."

Was anything else discovered by another node or something?

Anastasia

I do not believe so, no.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"That they exist. That's it. We can start researching, but that's a slow progress project, so lets get some more irons in the fire. Does anyone have projects they want to work on?"

Anastasia

Give me a quick Perception check.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Perception/Cunning Knowledge:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+103 : 19 + 103, total 122[/blockquote]